(See All?) Announcements
553 Users Online
Bing, Google

Night Demons — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

Of course her worries were irrational, in her heart she knew as much. But the insecurity was overshadowing her common sense, clouding her mind to the point that she could only see her flaws, and believe everyone else did the same. She trusted her mate, she loved him, and she knew the same was true for him. Perhaps that was what made her fear his reaction so much, because if – and she could not manage to shake that if – he, of anyone, doubted her, then what did she have left? So, though she should have known better, she dreaded his response, dreaded even meeting his eyes. But, if she was truly to follow through with this endeavor, and replace Nina at the helm of the Woodlands, she would have to; I need to be able to look everyone in the eyes… With him, it couldn't be this difficult.

So she met those ocean deep blue eyes, feeling a surge of tinkling warmth, like she always did, and instantly she felt a little better. Seeing the emotions play in them, so uncharacteristically apparent, made her smile; First softly, and then wider, as she saw the love radiating out at her. Relief washed through her, followed by embarrassment at her own silliness; How could I ever doubt him?! She blinked back tears, overwhelmed by both his emotions and her own, and his words made them even harder to hold back. "Thank you." She whispered, reaching forwards to briefly press against him, pressing her moist eyes into his dark fur. When she pulled back, her gaze drifted down to the creek again, a small sigh falling from her lips as she let loose all her uncertainties to her mate, now while she still remembered his support; "I only hope I can live up to it." The slender woman spoke in a steady voice, only her eyes betraying how deep this worry ran, as she turned them back on her husband; "Nina promised to teach me, and I believe… With her guidance I could learn to be the leader Secret Woodlands deserves. That's why I've been sticking so close to her lately, trying to learn all I can, see how she goes about her duties… I want to do what's best for the pack, and I hope succeeding Nina is… that." She shook her head lightly, a small chuckle escaping her; Speeches… I guess that's another thing I need to get better at.

Miccah's unexpected question made his mate's eyes widen slightly, then she nodded - to herself, mostly – That had been her first thought as well, when Nina proposed the change. Copper eyes looked into sapphire's, wondering what he was thinking, more uncertainty sneaking into her voice as she attempted to answer: "I don't know. When Nina came to me, she hadn't spoken with him yet, but she felt certain he would approve…" Aideen's eyes shifted uneasily, head tilting a little as she forced herself to keep looking at her love. She wondered just how her felt about their current king, perhaps he knew him better? In any case, she decided to keep going while she still dared her honesty, continuing after a short pause: "I'm not so sure… It's not that I don't trust him, I don't know him…" She trailed off, looking at her mate, who had been in the Woodlands for as long as she had known them; And how much longer..? She realized she didn't know whether Miccah had known Mirren as a pup, like Nina, or whether his relationship with the man had started at the same time as hers, when he returned with his mate. "He's just been so focused on other things, I suppose…" She shrugged, not really sure how to voice her reservations about their leader; Not really sure what I feel, exactly…

Word count: 638

Thoughts ”Speech”

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
Maybe a reply from you and then a fade? <3
@Aideen

The man listened to his wife attentively, as he often did, for she spoke enough for the both of them it seemed. But he knew his wife and knew that she needed to express her worries in the way of words. Where Miccah found solace in a silent place, and at times, with his wife, it was rare of him to burden her with his inner troubles. Aideen was different. She was a woman ruled by emotion and found the best way to express herself was with her tongue. So he sat back, and listened to her insecurities over the future. Wanting to soothe them, he smiled softly down at his wife, letting his blue orbs speak for him as they often did when he was with her.

It didnt take her long to respond to his inquiries, and to his dismay, it was not the response he had wanted. Miccah thought over her words, thinking over how to respond. He was a man that rarely uttered a word, but with his wife, she seemed to be the only one to be able to bring out his voice more often than not.

He could sense her hesitance and confusion and opened his maw. "Mirren is a good leader...but he is also a man." He had come back and had risen Secret Woodlands from the ruins that it had become. He had come back with his mate who was with child, only to be left alone as soon as the child had come into the world. It would hit any man hard and it would take time for Mirren to ever feel even an inkling of normal again.

Miccah was not close to the younger man, but he trusted him and trusted that he not only would get through this, but become stronger because of it. He just needed some time to heal and find hinself again.

"speech"
Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Miccah <3 - figured we were about finished here?

She could have kept speaking for hours on end, especially with a companion who remained so silent. Except this partner was her mate, her love, the man who knew her better than anyone and who, unlike anyone else, could get through to her without speaking a single word. His smile was enough, the incline of his head, and as she met his sapphire eyes, she saw more than even she could have put into words. Aideen sighed, smiling back at her husband - how could she do anything else? - relaxing in the knowledge that he was there to support her. The flow of words stopped, but she didn't feel embarrassed by the slip, just happy he was there to listen.

As he spoke, she tilted her head, waving an ear at his simple statement. She already knew that Miccah respected Mirren, not just accepted his command, but took it to heart. Whatever had happened, in those months when she had been lost, wandering the northern wastelands, it had solidified the young leaders worth in her dark knight's eyes. And his opinion mattered, his validation assuring her that, whoever Mirren might be as a person, he had the Woodands best interest in mind; And that's the most important! The petite healers smile broadened, opening into a soft laughter as she lightly shook her head. "I suppose he is." She breathed, looking up into her mate's serious eyes, a knowing glint in her coppers; "But if I am supposed to work with him, we need to get to know each other." Her voice was calm now, shoulders lax. Miccah's simple words had soothed her worries, and she felt much better now, about the duty lying ahead of her.

A small yawn parted her jaws, and Aideen leaned forwards, resting her head against the black man's strong chest. A content noise left her as she nuzzled her nose through his fur, breathing in rhythmically, soaking in his scent. Suddenly her eyelids were heavy as stones. With a deep sigh, she pulled back a little and tilted her head back up at the man she loved, gazing hazily into his eyes. "Ready to go back to bed?" She asked, figuring that he was probably more inclined to take a midnight patrol, but herself feeling about ready to faint, and hoping that he would at least come back and lay with her for a little while, until she drifted off.

- FADE -

Word count: 406

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2016, 12:14 AM by Aideen.)