(See All?) Announcements
599 Users Online
Bing, Google

Suddenly the World Seems a Different Place — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
ooc: @Rose dated October 25, 2015 unless you want/need that changed. Weather is around 38°F and partly cloudy. They're meeting up at around late morning/midday in Stonewatch Timbers, halfway between the northern edge of the Thicket of Secrets and the western edge of Nightingale Palisade.

Draven stopped yet again with a huff, waiting less than patiently as Calanthe slowly caught back up to him. They hadn't even been travelling that long since they'd eaten and left the territory; how come she had to be so slow? Didn't she remember they were going out to meet up with Rose again? If they didn't get there before she did, she might think he'd told her to go to the wrong place, or that she hadn't gotten to the right place yet, and then they would have to find her before they could play - and what if she got hurt before they did?

"Come on, Cal!" he whined, dancing impatiently about on his paws. "You're taking forever! What if she beats us there?" This would all be so much easier if there wasn't the barricade of his own youth still preventing him from coming and going as he pleased - and on his own. If he didn't have to wait for anyone to wake up or stop being busy so that they could chaperone him around, he would be free to sneak away and go to Rose sometimes. Instead Rose kept having to do all the dangerous parts by coming to him, and how was that fair at all? And he wanted to see some of her forest; she'd already gotten to see his a bunch!

Maybe it was weird that he was so excited; he'd only known the girl for a few hours, and the rest of the time, when he wasn't about to go play with her - or actively playing with her - he still sometimes felt really gloomy, sometimes even so much that it could feel like he was scared. But playing with Rose helped him forget everything that was going wrong in the Crest; he figured it was because she was the only person his own age that he could play with anymore - that he even wanted to play with anymore. The sooner they got to where they were supposed to meet up, the better.

Eventually the pair did find the right place. It was a big open space, not broken up by any trees, and a little stream shallow enough for them to splash in without the water reaching their bellies in most places. There were rocks to jump around on, too, if they wanted to - none of them nearly as high as the maple tree, but at least they wouldn't get in trouble with Calanthe again for climbing around on them.

You turn me into a crumbling fool.

Rosen

Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Rose was beginning to find that each and every new attempt she'd make toward freedom would surpass the last in difficulty tremendously. With @Nineva's disappearance, eyes lingered on the remaining pups like hawks, but how was that fair? The youngest Hervok hadn't ever done anything to lose anyone's trust, in fact, she was always so careful! Abiding every other rule out there, complying with her parents commands, Korrin's commands. It didn't seem quite fair to the amber fae that she'd now live on restrictions due to her sister's mistake. Though she did miss her eldest sibling, but those thoughts were best left as suppressed as possible. She had one hell of a way of dealing with depression, and it wasn't pretty.

Managing to just barely sneak out this time, Rose hastened her travels toward the only wolf that truly understood her. Draven had made his way into the Hervok's life at a rapid pace, and he was already so important. Without the time they'd now occasionally share together, the fae wasn't exactly sure what she'd do or how she'd turn out. He was a distraction, and a damn good one at that. The boy said all the right things, always made her laugh, always kept her entertained. There was simply never a dull moment when the pair got together. 'I'm gonna be late! Thanks Korrin!!' annoyed, the small figure sprinted on

Making her way toward their designated meeting location, Rose could already smell the pair. Of course they'd arrived before she had, though she could only hope they hadn't been waiting long. "Draven!!" She called as the boy grew visible in the near distance. "Sorry I'm late!!"

Well you're my favorite bird and when you sing..

Rosen

[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
ooc: Sorry for how late and short this one is. Just assume Cal's in NPC mode right now until further notice.

Draven paced uneasily around the clearing, worry slowly beginning to creep in as more and more time passed. What if Rose really wasn't coming? What if she really had gotten lost or hurt or - or - what if she'd gotten attacked by something? Should they go out and look for her? What if she was really badly hurt and the longer they stood around waiting, the longer she would be out all by herself? What if she died because they stood around doing nothing instead of looking for her?!

Just as he whipped around to tell Calanthe that they had to go look for Rose, the girl's scent wafted to him, followed by her greeting as she hurried towards him. Unable to contain his relief, Draven sprinted forward and returned his friend's greeting with a hearty headbutt to her shoulder, tail wagging at a mile a minute as he exclaimed, "You made it! I was worried you'd gotten lost or hurt or didn't want to come anymore - where were you?" he added, stepping back and tilting his head as he waited for her to answer. He wasn't angry by any means with his friend, but he was really curious to know what had taken her so long.

Rosen

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
Sorry! I lost my laptop charger so getting online is difficult DX

Draven appeared awfully worried, though that wasn't in the fae's intentions what so ever. She felt remorse for taking so long, but was there really anything she could of done? Just as the youth was about to explain herself, she remembered that Cal was lingering near by. Surely the woman wouldn't let her stay if she knew the circumstances. Rose sighed, lying wasn't in her intentions, either. "My brother was teachin' me how to hunt fishes!" she manipulated a faux grin, knowing there was no way in hell Korrin knew how to hunt for aquatics yet. "Lost track of time!" giggling, the small form gave her partner a playful nudge. "I'm really sorry..."

Truth be told, the Hervok really wanted to tell Draven about Nineva. The fae had nobody to talk to back home, everyone was far too wrapped up in their own feelings to consider hers. Too busy searching for the grey pup, but they weren't ever going to find her. Rose had already come to terms with that much. It was hard, and not being able to find comfort in her best friend made it all the worse. "How long did'ja wait for?" she squeaked, attempting to let go of her reality for another great day.

Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

Rose looked... kind of upset about something, at least at first. Draven didn't have time to worry about having accidentally upset her before she explained what had made her so late - and what an explanation it turned out to be! Learning how to fish? Even Draven didn't know how to fish yet! He wondered who he might be able to goad into teaching him... or better yet, who would be able to? Did @Raela or Cal know how to fish?

"We weren't waiting a long time," the boy assured his friend. "I think maybe only a few minutes, maybe a little bit more. I was just really excited to start playing, and sometimes I worry too much about stuff anyway." He grinned at his own comment; it wasn't a joke, he really did think he worried way too much, but he also didn't want Rose feeling upset about him saying that kind of stuff about himself. She was a lot more fun when she wasn't upset about stuff.

"Hey!" he said, leaping up suddenly. "So I think I picked the first thing we did last time - how about you pick what we do first this time? It can be anything you want--" he glanced quickly at Cal, "--as long as Cal doesn't think it's too dangerous and we don't, y'know, get lost or anything. So what do you wanna do?"

Rosen

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

A sense of relief rushed through the young fae's body as she found comfort in her friends words. "That's okay!" She exclaimed in a voice bearing much resemblement to sugar. Truth be told, Rose had always been nagged on by her siblings for 'caring too much', though she never really understood what was so wrong about the trait. "I'm just glad you haven't been here all day or anything..." and at the very same time, upset that she had to stoop to the dishonorable act of lying.

Pondering over Draven's proposition, the tiny Hervok began scanning through their surroundings. What was there to do in such an obscure area? Not enough tree's to play hide and seek, and there was no way Cal would allow them to climb on the crags. Though it would be possible to integrate them into hiding spots.. "Hide and seek?" The least they could do was try. Even if they did fail, there was always tag right? Rose cursed her family for not playing more games while Nineva was still around. Without her, nobody was really willing to do much of anything with each other. She's all anyone ever wanted to spend time on, not that the pup could really blame them. 'Nineva... Where did you go..?'