521 Users Online
Neo, Google, Bing, Vanadis

Finally An Introduction — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Pharika

Having just come up from fishing in the lake Kajika was soaked through to the skin from having dove into the water for his not only food for his pack but also a snack for himself. He thought that it was a well-deserved snack after the catch he had to add to the cache. Having managed to get all of the fish he’d caught into his mouth he was headed for the cache to deposit them and then perhaps a nap in the sun where he could dry off. After all it had been awhile since he’d taken the time to spend the afternoon lounging in the sun. Usually he thought better of it, that that since he was lower in the pecking order he needed to spend most of his days working for the pack but today was different, he felt he needed some time to himself.

That however did not seem to be in the cards for Kajika that day because on his way to his favorite sunbathing spot he caught the scent of a wolf he was sure he had smelled before though he couldn’t place it for the longest time. Then the Lynx hunt came into mind though he couldn’t remember if her name had ever been mentioned but he had remembered that he wanted to introduce himself to her and now he had his chance if she was still in the area. They were pack mates after all and he thought it important to get to know all of his pack mates eventually especially if he was going to have a role within the pack. “Hello, I know you’re there,” he stated into the forest around him, “I would like to meet you,” he added in case she might be a little apprehensive or shy about meeting him.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 16, 2015, 11:52 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Bridget who has 37 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Pharika Idasis

The woman's chestnut eyes caught a glint of sunlight as she
descends from a large outcrop. Her massive white-flecked paws grip the stone as she comes downward.
Within the short amount of time she had been in Fallen Tree Cove, she had grown exceptionally well at
scaling the mountain and ridges. Her fur brushes a pine as she nears the bottom, her jaws carrying an
emaciated fawn. It had seemed the youngling wandered from its mothered and died toward the bottom of
the mountain. It had attempted to climb, but utterly failed. Pharika was grateful no other predator had
found the corpse. It would be a nice addition to the cache. As she walks, her ears perk intently to the
sound of a voice. It was male.

Hello, I know you're there. Pharika lifts a brow, grunting through a mouthful of orange-brown fur.
I would like to meet you. Her face droops, and she flicks her tail in slight annoyance. Upon emerging
from the pines, though, her eyes fall upon a familiar figure. This was the other pack mate who helped with
the lynx issue. She couldn't have any qualms with him just yet. The large woman dips her head, nearing the
dark-pelted wolf before her. She brings her head downward slowly and releases the fawn that hung limply
from her jaws. Looking back up, she offers a polite grin to the wolf. "Hello, there." Her voice is smooth
and feminine, yet hoarse.

"Pharika Idasis" She offers her name, chest puffing ever so slightly. "Well done on the lynx culling
the other day."
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2015, 08:18 PM by Pharika.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika waited patiently for the female that he thought the scent belonged to appeared.  He had only had the chance to hunt the lynx with her before.  Introduction’s had not been made due to the sensitivity of the situation and he hoped to rectify that by introducing himself and perhaps getting a little better acquainted to his new pack mate.  She seemed to want to help the pack just as much as he did and he thought that it best he know who he was working with.

When she finally appeared coming through the pines his ears perked as he watched her approach.  He also took notice of the fact she had a fawn grasped in her jaws and thought that perhaps she had been on her way to the cache.  It was a trip that he often made himself though he had to admit that he hadn’t had the chance to bring such a large contribution but perhaps someday he would have the opportunity.  He offered her a polite dip of his head when she gave hers, “Hello, it’s nice to finally get the chance to talk,” he stated at her greeting.

“Kajika Tallis,” he returned and smiled when she acknowledged his work with the lynx he smiled, “Thank you and you did a good job on that as well,” he stated.  It had been quite the hunt but they had both helped their pack into taking care of that threat.  “I’m glad that we were able to stop it before it was able to do any damage.  I’m sure Vespertio’s mind was put to rest once it was dispatched.”

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Oct 29, 2015, 02:46 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Pharika Idasis

Pharika listens to the male as he speaks;
she also quietly observes his stance. It seemed as if they were around the same
ranking by the way they held themselves. She nods to him, "Haven't had much
of an issue with lynx 'till I came here."
She hums, lids closing momentarily before
she speaks once more "When I first came to these lands, I'd fought one with another
wolf for its food."
A small grin begins tugging at the corner of her dark lips. She
allows it to spread across her face now, a toothy smile exposing itself. "I like
fightin', though. Having no challenge is not a way to live."
A small snort exudes
itself from her nostrils.

She begins prodding her mind as to what to say to her packmate before her. Yes, she
did want to get to know everyone, but breaking the ice was something she wasn't all
too good at. At least she tried rather than being awkwardly silent. "What do you
think of the mountains?"
Her question was blunt. Her mind had crept back to when
she met Craw, the wolf who seemed overly interested in trying to get information out
of her pertaining to the lands around them. She almost growls at the thought of him.
He was nothing but an annoyance.

"I enjoy seeing everything from above" Rika says simply, her tail whipping with
a bit of sass. "Plus, running about on this damn mound of rock had really put some
muscle on me."
A small laugh emits from her, her chestnut eyes rolling at herself
before looking to the male.
(This post was last modified: Nov 03, 2015, 03:49 PM by Pharika.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

In his life he'd not had much experience with Lynx and he did wonder if it was the same for others plus it was some common ground he shared with the female on which he could start to get to know her. He nodded when she spoke of not having much trouble. "I suppose they mostly keep to themselves unless we have something they want?" He suggested since he wasn't sure if the statement was true or not but he supposed she could confirm or deny it if she knew. Pharika then spoke of fighting one with another wolf for the food it had. "It's good you had the other wolf with you, I don't think I would want to go up against one alone," he said remembering how ferocious they Lynx they'd brought down had seemed. Kajika nodded at her next statement, "Sometimes I feel you're not really living if you’re not fighting." To him everything was a fight from survival to land and anything else in between.

Kajika ran through his mind for another subject to bring up with the female but she spoke first asking about the mountains and what he thought. "I like them alright," he said, "I wasn't sure at first but they've grown on me and slowly become my home." Sometimes he did miss Turtle back lake and while he'd agreed to join Fallen Tree Cove mostly for Des it had started to become his home and now it was about much more.

A smile crossed his features as she spoke of seeing everything from above, "They do offer a nice vantage point from which much can be seen," he agreed. Kajika couldn't help the chuckle that left him at her next words. "Yes, getting around the mountain can be quite the workout. Nothing like running across the flat ground." He was sure he'd put on quite a bit of muscle during his time on the mountain as well.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2015, 01:40 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive II. Subordinate
Pharika Idasis

Pharika's jaws part as she releases a light chuckle at Kajika's
statement about the lynx. She rolls her shoulders, a smirk donning her features. "Seems that
way... in several instances, anyway."
The smirk fades as she listens to the wolf's words. He
seemed happy to oblige to her starting conversation; he replies with gest. "Where I used to live,
I was near the mountains. I'd go in them occasionally, but not enough as to brag about them."
she
sneers. Picking the fawn up in her jaws, her tail-tip flicks briefly as to say "One moment". Her large paws
carry her over to the cache where she places the limp body before she turns back in Kaji's direction.

Pharika coolly walks back over to him, her tail swaying as she does so. "Wanna go on a short patrol?"
She offers, her chestnut eyes upon him. "Could definitely look for more food as well. Need to stock
up before the winter."
The winter didn't really hold much of a concern to her. As long as they had
plenty of food, she and her family would be alright. The winter may be more harsh on the mountain,
but they had adequate shelter.

Pharika starts to walk, brushing lightly past Kajika as she does so. Her head turns slowly after walking a
few paces past him. A small but inviting smile rests upon her lips.
(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2015, 11:55 PM by Pharika.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika smiled when he heard Pharika chuckle, she agreed about the lynx. "I suppose that's the way things are though. There's always someone there to take what you have." He remembered as a loner that he had to be especially vigilant and protect every morsel of food that he got. "You must feel somewhat at home here in the mountains then?" He said though it was more of a question. "Before here I wandered a lot but I grew up in a forest," he explained, "There wasn't much to it except a lot of trees," he added with a small chuckle.

Kajika watched as she picked the fawn up and nodded as she signaled to give her a minute. He waited patiently while she stored the fawn in the cache, it would certainly help them in the months to come.

His gaze follower her movements as she came back toward him. "Sure that sounds like a good idea," he responded to her question. After all the borders could always use more strengthening and it would give them a chance to get to know each other a little better. "Yes we certainly could," he agreed about the food, "The more before it gets really bad the better."

She moved in the direction they were to start their patrol. Pharika brushed against him as she passed and after a few paces she stopped and was looking back at him with a smile which he returned before joining her. "Let's get started," he said when he was level with her.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2015, 01:43 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Pharika Idasis

Pharika smirks again as soon as the wolf joins her. Next to her now, they begin their patrol.
"Do you think this is your final stop?" She asks curiously, turning her head ever so slightly toward
the man beside her. Her chestnut eyes peer over to him when she asks, but return to looking forward after
she speaks. Her fluffed black tail twitches as she smacks her lips. "I hope to make this the last place I
live. I am not one to travel about."
Pharika exhales softly, her sigh almost inaudible. "This place
doesn't seem all too bad thus far. I've still gotta get to know everyone in our pack. Seems pretty stable
at the time being."
She goes to speak more, but she hesitates. She was just like her half-sister Chantille.
They enjoyed talking when they were comfortable. The woman still had no idea of her sister; she likely
never would, and such was better off that way.

Her hesitation came when she almost slipped up about her old pack. Yes, she could tell this man about
her old pack, but what would she say if he asked her why she left? She didn't want any misunderstanding to
occur if she told him about her brutally attacking her own mother. Her nose scrunches mildly as they
pad along the cold stone surface. Deciding she shouldn't care as to how she was to be perceived by others,
she concludes it wouldn't matter if she told him. They were still packmates. The monochrome woman speaks
again, her voice rather flat as she does so, "I didn't like my old pack. Especially my mother. Familial
relationships were certainly not there."
Rika's wet dark nose straightens as her scrunched muzzle relaxed
itself.
(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2015, 09:19 PM by Pharika.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As they traveled the borer side by side she asked him if he thought that Fallen Tree Cove was his last stop. He glanced over at her considering her question thoughtfully before answering. When he finally did he said, "I hope so but it is hard to tell what will happen in the future." That was perhaps why he'd spent so much time trying to decide if joining Fallen Tree Cove was the right decision when he had first come to join the pack. Kajika didn't want to go bac kout in search of another pack and he believed that he was in the right place. He offered a smile as she spoke about making it the last place for her, "I think that it is a good place," he agreed, "Our leaders are fair and understanding and I think that is important. It would be good to meet everyone for sure," he said, "I think that if you truely want it to be it will be your last place," he added. It was something that he believed and so far that belief had worked for him.

They both grew silent as they continued to patrol the borders, Kajika spotted momentairly a few times to refresh some of the markers but caught back up with Pharika easily. Then after some time had seemed to pass she spoke about not liking her old pack and once again he found himself looking at her. "It's the same for me," he stated, "Only was my father," he added. After all it had been his father that had forced him to do the things that he hadn't wanted to do. "I suppose that is why we are here now, searching for a place that does feel like home," he said quietly. His last pack had no longer felt like home but Fallen Tree Cove had become that. "Family doesn't have to be blood," he told her.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2015, 10:25 PM by Kajika.)