(See All?) Announcements
304 Users Online
Bing, Google

By water clear and cool — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Caroline who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Şivan
For @Iopah specifically, so if anybody else wants to hop in, please let her post first. Dated November 2, 2015 unless the date needs to be moved.

The sound of rushing water had drawn him onwards for quite a while now, and when the falls finally came into view Sivan couldn't help but feel a bit relieved to see them. He had become rather thirsty over the last hour or so - long walks, especially unbroken by any stops to rest (he was not tired enough to really warrant stopping, after all,) could tend to have that effect on a wolf, even one as used to long travel as Sivan. The drink he would find here would undoubtedly be bitingly cold on this crisp fall morning, but that was a reality he couldn't change by bemoaning it.

Indeed, the first few gulps he took slid down his throat like liquid ice - which, he reflected with an amused snort, was in fact exactly what the water was, albeit barely. A few degrees or so chillier and the water would turn to solid ice. Still grinning at himself, the man dipped his head again and took another, longer drink, his attention only placidly trained upon his surroundings as he quenched his thirst. His dusty-colored ears swivelled idly about at each new sound that overcame the rushing of the falls; his golden eyes flickered up now and then from the ripples created by his tongue to the trees gathered all around him, surveying them calmly.

He didn't plan to linger here very long, perhaps only the better part of today. Certainly he would move on by dawn tomorrow; this place was pretty, but he could not detect anything here that was new. The falls were like many other falls; the trees were the same silent sentinels he had seen for many, many months. With nothing and no one here to catch his attention, Sivan could see little reason to remain. It was a shame, but it was the way things had to be.

Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
using this as a reference for the scenery, just imagine her on one o' them taller rocks

She was overlooking the Falls, listening to the water crash and watching nothing in particular. Despite the noise and turbulence of the cascades, it was peaceful here. It was a good place to come and sit and think. Iopah let a gray-tipped tail curl about her paws and thought about all that happened. She had not expected Narime and Yuka to turn up at the Pines' borders, and -despite the current calm- she still felt as if something else had yet to happen.

But, she could not prevent what she did not know was coming, and so she sat and watched water tumble over the falls. Frost was still etched along the water's edge. The river was far too fast to ever freeze over, but every surface nearby was coated in a fine layer of frozen water every morning. Iopah glanced at the sun, squinting through the cedar canopy for it's meager warmth. It wasn't yet noon; she still had time before needing to return. She still had time to sit and watch the water.

And, for many long moments, she watched the other wolf as well. Just as with her last encounter with Naia, his presence was not noticed immediately. She simply looked away from the entrancing water to find him standing there. It was unusual to see another here; a brow quirked from her perch above him. "Are you lost?" She called down evenly. The Falls were isolated and there seemed no other explanation, or... "Are you lookin' for someone?"

BROKEN TIMBER PINES
Played by Caroline who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Şivan
Hover over Şivan's name when he introduces himself to see how it's pronounced!

The lady's call startled a flinch from him, though the man didn't jump away from the water or toss his head about as others may have. Ah, apparently there was someone else here with him. Odd that he hadn't seen her right away; she must be native to this area, then, or at least she must know the land here very well. Then again, it would be arrogant to claim that Şivan was so expert at keeping an eye out on his surroundings that he couldn't simply have missed her approach. Arrogance served no one, and in any event this newcomer didn't seem dangerous at the moment. Şivan put the issue aside in its entirety and lifted his head to smile up at the pale woman."Not lost, no," Şivan called back. "Out of place, perhaps, and not knowing exactly where I am going, but I wouldn't say that I'm lost. Neither am I looking for anyone in particular - or anyone at all - but I won't chase away company as long as the company stays friendly." He tilted his head and allowed his tail to wag gently behind him as he added, "My name is Şivan. I apologize if I'm intruding too near to pack lands; it isn't my intent to make anyone uncomfortable, only to pass through and encounter those I may."
(This post was last modified: Nov 11, 2015, 05:58 AM by Sivan.)