(See All?) Announcements
225 Users Online
Bing, Google, Matos, Reverie, Adelard, Archer

Scar tissue — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

He felt as though he were a slugabed -- worthless, wasting resources. Perhaps, he had escaped death narrowly that day, and now the Reaper was holding him here for payback. Bloody bastard.

Rolling from his uninjured side to his stomach, Maksim huffed a low whine, eyes darting around the den. He had been holed up within the dark space since his unexpectedly grim encounter with a starving bobcat, with far too much fight for such little weight. Boredom took to settling fast into the Baranski's bones, and, by the second night, he was already pawing away at the dirt beneath him, nosing it as he relished the scent of fresh earth ... but even that was starting to grow stale. He missed his patrol, missed the wind ruffling his coat, missed the sun on his body. Just how long had he been cooped up in here? It felt like an eternity.

Lachesis had left for a moment, to seek flora for the ache in Maksim's muscles. He was thankful for his healer's constant care, beyond proud that he could call the greatest medic in Relic Lore his. Hoisting himself to his paws, he hobbled free from the hole in the ground -- no doubt against the warnings the deer-legged medic had given numerous times. Testing his injured leg, tapping the ground with his paw, the tawny giant snorted. It still had a sharp twang of pain race up the tendons, but the wounds had scabbed over nicely.

It would not hurt to simply stretch his limbs now, would it?

Lifting his heavy head to the skies, he inhaled the cold air. Yes, that certainly tickled the back of his throat and brought moisture to his significantly brightened eyes. He filled his lungs with frozen wind and rumbled a low, soft chuckle. It was good to be alive, he realised, and that thought alone brought a smile to his features. Damn the Reaper; he would follow the spirit when hell itself froze over.

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
I have no business hopping in another thread, but these two were overdue.

She had passed by Lachesis only moments before – the pale wolf was off to seek something he believed would aide in her mate’s pain, and the honeyed woman was quick on her paws to the den. She visited him often, but attempted to stay out of the medic’s way as he tried to mend Maksim. Her heart yearned for her beloved – her body cold during the nights that no longer seen her wrapped in his warm embrace. Lekalta and Inna were growing quickly, and were prone to wandering further now. Their second litter were halfway to becoming yearlings.

She had not expected to see him poke his nose out of the den, and blinking, Kisla watched as the large king emerge fully, sniffing tentatively at the air and glancing up to the skies. Her paw falls slowed, her eyes fast upon him as she noted the wounds the predator had left. So close he had been to death, but they were not in the clear yet.. and it was very possible that Maksim’s injury would haunt him for the rest of his life now.

Snow crunched gently beneath her paws. Their home was dusted with it now, and she felt a flutter of nerves clench at her heart at the thought that winter was so quickly approaching and her mate was still injured. “Maksim,” she called softly, her ears splaying back to her skull as she made to move toward him. She could not be in this world without him at her side.

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2015, 07:04 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
blows hundreds of kisses ♥!

"Kisla?" He lowered his gaze, glancing in the direction the gentle hush had come from. Maksim smiled warmly once more as he gazed at his mate, his wife. He gave a slow wag of his tail and closed the distance between them with small, almost timid steps -- best not push it, though he could not help but want to hurry to her side. Kisla's voice was a siren's song to his ears, her figure shrouded by fog still as enticing as it had ever been. Her very scent released moths and butterflies in his stomach, even after all the time they had been together. Every time the king saw his queen, he was renewed with fresh adoration, admiration, and love. Without waiting a moment longer, he leaned into her, tucking her beneath his chin as he purred a rumble at her presence, at her touch.

For a moment, he was content to reel in the silence around them, the sound of snow clods dropping from branches at the wind mimicking the drum of his heart. Thump, thump. "It's getting cold, love," he breathed into her ear, nosing the soft tuft of fur lovingly. "I hope the chill doesn't keep you awake." It certainly does for me.

He paused, glancing around at the snow dusted landscape, before closing his eyes and thanking the stars for her warmth. She radiated love. "Are you well? ... And the others?" He swallowed thickly as his voice dropped to a whisper, "the children?" To say he felt as though he had let them down would be an understatement -- he had wholly tossed aside his responsibilities in a foolish act of pride preservation. He was to provide for his family in the harsh months ... how could he do that now, sporting a variety of injuries that he unnecessarily acquired. "And Karpos, is he-- ... ah. Forgive me, I should not interrogate you so, love." He frowned. How very impolite of him.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Her voice seemed to pull him from his thoughts, and her breath caught in her throat as his gaze met hers. Not a day passed when she did not feel a burning love for him – it might have felt like only yesterday that the two had met when he had practically tripped over her in a patch of long grass, but now, even years after, they had accomplished so much together. He was her foundation – the solid rock that she would lean on through the darkness in her life.. and he was the one who shed the light upon her.

As he made to close the distance between them, the she-wolf swept forward as well. She tucked beneath his chin like the perfect puzzle piece, and she inhaled his familiar scent sharply – noting the subtle changes of herbs that Lachesis had likely been using upon him. The hint of redwood was dominant upon him – and long gone were the traces of cedar that had clung to their fur.

“You will be back at my side soon enough to keep me warm,” she murmured quietly in to the nape of his neck, finally only pulling away as he seemed to pause. She longed for the day once more, and she worried that he would not rise once more to his previous position. What would become of the regal King and Queen of the river? “The girls are fine – they are eager to explore now, and are looking at the others for lessons,” she murmured, a small smile pulling at her lips as she nosed at his cheek gently.

“Karpos seems fine – I have not spoken much with him,” she admitted quietly, her tail giving a small swish through the air. He subsided on his questions, though she had not minded, and her gentle gaze would try to tell him as such as she looked to him once more. “I miss you.”

sparking up my heart

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

Her words stung his heart, left a bitter twang in his mouth. Of course, he missed her too -- he was not built for medicinal dens and staying inactive to wait for things to heal -- but guilt was eating him up. This was his fault, her loneliness, and he beat himself for bringing such ache to her soul. What kind of king did that to their queen? What sort of husband left his wife whispering "I miss you" into the cold November air?

"I'm sorry, love," he murmured quietly, "I miss you too -- terribly so." He nosed her cheek lovingly, offering her a smile as he tried to rally her spirits, to show her there was nought to fear or to miss; he was right here, in her embrace. And she in his. Shifting his crown slightly, he craned his neck so that his muzzle was beneath her chin, grazing the soft fur of her throat. "I swear, it won't be long before I can be at your side fully, to protect you from the vicious chills." Or so he hoped. Injuries like this could make or break a wolf, after all ... especially at such trying times.

The weather was not on his side.

"I'll do my best to keep you from waiting too long." He slowly lowered himself into a sit, gesturing for Kisla to join him in the paw-trodden snow beneath them both. "Heavens know I won't let something like this stop me."

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Maksim – her foundation. His presence comforted her far more than anything she knew ever could, and so her nose traced along the guard furs of his pelt, inhaling his familiar scent and relishing in the stolen moment they had together. He nosed at her, apologizing, and she gave an idle shake of her head. “You did what you felt you had to. To protect your family,” she murmured softly.

His promise was encouraging – but time would tell. Would he raise himself once more in the ranks? To be the powerful and solid male he had been when she had fallen in love with him at first? Hearthwood River lingered in doubt now – the tension between other packs only hindering them.. and she longed for the days to see their pack rise once more. To be as glorious as Cut Rock River had been.

She swept closer to his side, nestling herself gingerly against him as she too settled to her haunches. “I am tired of running from our enemies, Maksim. Of letting other packs walk over us,” she finally admitted – if she could not discuss her concerns to him, she could tell them to no one. “I would see Hearthwood River rise to it’s true potential.

sparking up my heart