514 Users Online
Google, Baidu, Bing, Hazelnut

kiss me hard before you go — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
late is better than never

"Rook," his name came again and the Lyall had to pull his eyes away from the Lagoon, interested now in its peculiar coloring. Without even having to look, he knew Veho was going to close the gap between them and, without fail, the warmth that radiated through that silvery pelt touched him wherever the Medic came in contact with him. Rook's ears fell back but he was still listening; in fact, he, himself, was also relieved to find that perhaps his recurring nightmare was only just a dream. Nothing more and nothing else. Veho's face had already healed, Quil was still with the family, Titan had kept to himself, and Beren was still out of his life... Veho was probably right and Rook was neither "sick" nor "wrong" to allocate his heart to those he loved.

For the time being, he stood still, just drawing a sense of security and reassurance from his companion's closeness. Apart from staring at the water's edge some feet away, he pressed his cheek to Veho's side. Unsurprisingly, Veho had spoken to @Quil, not recently, but he at least had the chance to get to know her. From this encounter, though, (and perhaps a few other meetings in passing while Rook was preoccupied with Tomen or Borden or otherwise), he was able to draw the conclusion that he and Grizzly Hollow's leading lady had a bit in common.

In any other mature male, envy might have sprung up and an aggressive sort of possessiveness might have overwhelmed him, but with Rook... Rook plainly looked at Veho with a tilt of his own head. What he proposed had obviously piqued his interest, if only for the fact that while Veho wasn't asking Rook to share him, he did want to entertain the idea of Rook sharing Quil and sharing himself openly with the both of them. The Leader's heart skipped a beat; if he had to share Veho with anyone else, he supposed he could share him with his significant other. The "tryst" itself would be traded out in lieu of what Rook had yet to realize was a polygamous relationship - something he had never really heard of at all during his upbringing.

"This is what you mean, yes?" Veho had asked, calling to darker male's attention now. Rook blinked and his eyes focused again on the end of the Macieo's nose. "I don’t see why it would not be possible, if…” The Lyall's skull righted itself and one of his whiskered brows rose up in curiosity. "If what?" he asked, wanting to coax and pull the words from Veho's mouth. "If the three of us... If we..." A sense of excitement over the idea seemed to have seized his lungs and fluttering heart. "If we become one another's... mates?"

As soon as he had said it, it all struck him as taboo, Kiche's and Bishop's remembered words daring to tear apart all that he had just thought of. His gaze lowered to the ground as he took some time to let his abandoned faith sink into his mind one last time to remind him of where he had come from - he was in Relic Lore now, no longer truly bound to Renegades Reach, and he had already come so far for Veho and the love they shared... His religious background couldn't matter anymore, for all he was aware of, he was going to go to hell for it all anyway. No amount of offered prayer or atonement would save him now. All that mattered these days was his capacity for happiness and to live without having to constantly repent for misdeeds and transgression into what was an instinctive and wild existence.

"Yes," he sounded out, the single word a little more than a breath between his teeth. "That is exactly what I mean, what I want, but..." His mouth shut with a click of his teeth as he stole a second to quickly reorganize his thoughts, "But, what about the others, if they abandon us?" A fleeting sensation of panic zinged him and he met his lover's gaze, "Say, if Quil did approve, would we still be all right? What about Tomen?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“If…”

Veho hadn’t meant to keep the other wolf hanging on the edge of his cliff. As a matter of fact, he actually had more to say but someone failed to copy the last paragraph, but it seemed the words had gotten stuck somewhere between his mind and his mouth, leaving the younger male to fill in the blanks with whatever his wild imagination could provided. Indeed, the medic’s own mind was whipping in four directions at once, providing him with countless possibilities and paths this could lead. His ears continued to flex forward and back, mirroring his inability to settle on one line of thought as he tried to process exactly what was going on, what was being asked of him…or perhaps, what he was asking to be a part of.

Fortunately, it seemed @Rook had given the topic a considerable more amount of thought (and for this the medicine man was grateful, at least one of them was wise enough to think of solutions rather than wallow in his own self pity). With a soft huff, he finally lifted his face from the other wolf’s thick ruff, ears settling on a forward pivot as the alpha explained what Veho himself could not form into a coherent sentence. Perhaps it was easier that way, hearing it from someone else instead of being the one to suggest he insert himself in a relationship already formed, but he bobbed his head, indicating he was finally on the same wavelength his lover had been on all this time. Maybe Belladonna had been right all this time – it seemed a lot of anguished could have been spared for all parties involved if he’d simply spoken to Rook about it instead of making assumptions and expecting only the worst.

Mouth twisted in to a wry smile, he tucked that little life lesson away for later. He could examine it when emotions were not running so high they were practically palpable in the air.

“If @Quil finds this arrangement agreeable, then so do I. I am, after all, no threat to her rank, nor her status as breeding female,” he hummed softly, mind rolling over the traditions they were smashing through. In reality, unless the pair invited it, he was of no threat to pass his genes on at all (no matter his own interest in procreating and growing the Macieo family to the next generation). Veho was not an ambitious man – already, he ranked as beta, to be close to Rook, but he would be more than happy to extend his advising efforts to the Queen, as well. The unit might even function better, were it more cohesive, but everything still rested on the woman’s opinion. Would she mind sharing some of Rook’s affection, now that she knew where it had gone? Would being doted upon by two instead of one be enough to keep her satisfied, happy, and feeling like she was loved?

“It matters little what the others will say, though I do not think this should give cause for abandonment. We are not running a kakistocracy here, after all. Nothing will change – we will simply stop sneaking around like naughty children,” Veho hummed after a moment, turning his eyes back towards Rook. “Grizzly Hollow is a haven – do no harm. If we are happy, and respectful of one another, I see not why it should be shunned. As far as Tomen goes, I think we should be honest with him. You are his parents. Nothing will change that. I would not dream of interfering with whatever you or Quil intended.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
telephone wires above all sizzlin' like your stare

There came the certitude again, that comfort that Rook was lobbying for. Veho readily lent that if Quil agreed, then there would have been nothing to fret about. All they would need was her concurrence to such a proposal. As for the rest of the pack and family, the Medic was right once more, in saying that there shouldn't be any need for animosity or ostracizing. The three of them, after all, held the highest positions in the hierarchy and their word would be law if they so wished it. Nothing would change... but the manner in which he and Veho moved about and worked around the pack.

To this, Rook couldn't help but laugh, the last of his nervousness finally gone. "Naughty children?" he half-chortled, his tail waving about. "Please. The rules never applied to me." He shot his lover a small smile, obviously feeling a little better now, "Honesty will do, I'm sure and Quil and I can handle him if anything else."

A sigh fled from his chest. "I'd like to have a family with you," he quietly admitted, embarrassment smoldering in his ears and cheeks as his eyes dropping down to where the mushroom caps still laid on the ground. "With Quil or without..." The tips of his teeth poked out from beneath his upper lips, suddenly all too conscious of himself and what he was saying, "I just- I just want to and I'd like to think, maybe, fatherhood might suit you too." It could have been an offer for something in the distant future some couple of seasons away, but as it stood, Rook presented the idea as an ultimate sign of trust, devotion, and the sort of loyalty that could only be forged through familial ties.

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

There word would be law, but Veho felt certain the trio had given the wolves of Grizzly Hollow no reason to doubt them, individually or as a unit. No one had been favored or outcast – even now, when emotions were high, the other members of their pack had not felt the repercussions. If the medic felt that any of them would be unable to separate work from their personal relationships, he’d not have agreed so readily. So he only hummed and sighed, a tired smile settling on his lips as he leaned against the younger wolf’s shoulder. He wasn’t wrong – rules seemed to mean absolutely nothing to @Rook Lyall. Perhaps that was what made him such a fine leader, that he was able and willing to break tradition when the situation called for it.

“I do think honesty is the best policy, in that regard, or else you will spend the rest of your life explaining to Tomen why you hid the truth from him in the first place.” Such was the nature of children, the medic thought wryly, and Tomen was no fool. The son of two clever wolves, he was already developing a sharp mind of his own, and even if the trio attempted deception, he was fairly certain they’d be unable to keep at it for long. The same could be said for Borden’s death, and he could only hope Rook and Quil handled that situation the same.

On a more selfish level, the medicine man did not wish to earn the prince’s ire, not when he cared so deeply for the boy’s father…and when he was willing to open his heart to the boy’s mother, as well.

The next statement, however, hit Veho in the chest like an elk’s hoof. All the breath was knocked out of him in a single wheeze, and he was left to stare at his lover blankly, simply unable to comprehend what the man had suggested for several long moments. “A family?” he parroted dumbly, mind reeling as it tried to put the pieces together. “But that-- How would we--?”

They were both males, he thought wildly, making that very suggestion utterly impossible. And while he found the idea of raising a pup with Rook (and with Quil by default, though how intriguing the without was stipulated – preparing for the worst?) intriguing, even appealing, the feasibility seemed well and beyond the pair of them. They would need Quil to have any puppies – to invite another female to breed in their pack seemed utterly disrespectful, and not something one would bring up with their alpha.

After several moments (and much longer than the man actually cared to admit), he huffed a soft sigh and fixed Rook with a crooked smile. “Warn a man before you propose something like that,” he teased softly, arching a tawny brow. “You’ll kill me with shock, if you aren’t careful, and then where will we be? As pleasant idea as it is, I fail…to see how that would properly work, between the two of us. Adopting a pup without parents, perhaps? If you mean for me to actually sire a child, well--”

Well, he loved the idea, the medicine man realized, the very revelation stealing his breath away. But hadn’t he just promised not to threaten Quil’s place? He’d not let his own personal desires become a barricade to working out this triumvirate peacefully.

“—I believe that may prove to be much more difficult, given pack dynamics, don’t you agree?”

Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
late is better than never

Rook leaned against Veho in return, continuing to listen, even as the Macieo pulled away in response to his admission and proposal of sorts. The tips of his bearish ears burned, realizing just how sudden it had come to light. He gave an apologetic smile.

Twice over he thought of how he would take to sharing Quil, and, twice over, he decided that he would be okay with it all if she was open-minded enough to the idea. As for explicating the whole "without Quil" part, he supposed he would only get mildly jealous of (and not lash out at) any woman who might find herself entangled with the three of them. Again, Rook's eyes looked over his partner's ashen face.

"Ohh," he half-teased. "You'll live." His nose playfully bumped into the Medic's own sniffer. "We'll think of something. If it was meant to work out, it'll... work out. Now, I didn't come all this way just to do all that then leave you to sort yourself out." He slowly stood up, eyeing the mushrooms once more; he even poked at them ever so tenderly with a digit on his left paw. "Are these the... mushrooms you were talking about before?" Yet another smile came to touch those mismatch eyes, tugging at the corners of his lips and those dark triangular markings on his face, "Could I help you bring them back maybe?"

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“I suppose so,” Veho sighed indulgently, leaning over to return the nudge. Perhaps it had been a bit dramatic, but didn’t such a statement allow him room for a bit of melodrama? One shoulder bumped into another, and for a moment, he was content to enjoy the silence, as well as the bit of warmth radiating from the other wolf’s body. That they didn’t need all the answers at that moment was a bit soothing, he decided, and allowed the questions to filter slowly from his mind. Rook’s reassurance was rewarded with a smile, this one much more solid than the ones earlier, and he hummed as he bobbed his head.

Ah, yes. The mushrooms. He’d almost forgotten about them!

Leaning down, he began to roll the little caps back to his leaf, tipping his head as he peered up into those mismatched eyes. “Yes, they are. I thought to store some away for the winter, since the porcupine…ate most of our stores.” It probably would have been stoned out of its little mind, or perhaps even poisoned, had it lived long enough to leave the medical den. As it were, he bobbed his head again, making way for Rook to pick up the parcel if he so wished. “I would like that. Let’s…let’s go home, Rook.”

It was said with a heartfelt smile, crown pressed to crown as he hummed softly – happiness was here with Rook Lyall.

Fade.