(See All?) Announcements
657 Users Online
Google, Bing

Here, at the turn, I must leave you... — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<i>O O C | Set this whenever it's convenient, I s'pose - today or when the puppies turn three weeks old... jus' wanted to get Arlette and Theo settled in and taken care of. I can edit or rewrite or delete this... just let me know. <3</i>
<blockquote>Days had passed since the tragedy that occurred on Mount Dire and Angier Lyall was silently eyeing the invisible but prominently marked border of the pack that resided in Cedarwood Forest. The scent curled in his nostrils; the musky odor of the dominant male signalled his brain to step back... and <i>stay away</i>. The dust-covered puppy in his jowls wriggled and he had no choice but to set her down. She (and her brother) had grown so much in the three weeks they had traveled and the tawny brute couldn't believe how fast they were picking up on things. He hushed her in a soothing manner, and gently placed his paw on her lower back to make her settle down on her haunches.

He cast a glance over his shoulder to his dearest friend, the ivory wolf who endured the poignant journey here. Truthfully, he was glad they made it - Alexander's precious cargo and Vlar... He tried to smile, but when he couldn't, he merely wagged his tail. They would be alright now and this was where he would leave them. Warmly looking down at the small girl at his feet he briefly nudged his large nose to her forehead before giving a nod to Vlar. One of his beige paws rose from the ground in gesture before he turned around. <i>I'll see you around...</i> it simply and wordlessly said. <i>Good luck.</i>

As he wove his way through the forest, he swallowed and stopped in his tracks. He wanted to go back... to be apart of the band of wolves who made their home here, but he couldn't. Something just wasn't right. He didn't feel welcome here, but he hoped with all his might that Alexander and Amélie's children would have a family again - with proper parents and caretakers - as Vlarindara was taken in with open arms. Angier let out a small whimper but with fighting off the temptation to head back the way he had come, he continued on his aimless wandering by following the river northwest.

<i>[Applause.]</i></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2011, 01:38 AM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

Having visited with the wolves of Swift River, Vlarindara had started the path back towards the edges of Cedarwood forest. She led at times with Angier watching their back trail.. And at others, she let Angier lead and kept her own eyes peeled fro danger to the small pups they carried with them. With the assistance of her ...strange chance to care for them - the pups were able to make it across the lands..As they grew - she had noticed they took more and more interest in the things going on around them. Vlarindara knew that if the pups weren't.. 'settled' with their new parents soon - they might begin to think of Vlarindara and Angier as their parents, and that certainly wouldn't do any good to anyone.

Arriving at the pack borders, Vlarindara turned after setting Theo down, frowning softly at Angier as he moved to leave, her amber eyes returning to the two pups as they began toddling about - rotting at this stick or that dirt pile.. They'd be okay for a few moments.. at least. The white female forced her feet faster until she had come up alongside the large male, an audible whine escaped her muzzle as she reached out to try and brush her cheek against his shoulder. He'd cared for the three of them on the journey - care she didn't simply want to ignore. A glance back at the two pups showed they were still alright before she returned her attenntion to the male in front of her.

Angier seemed intent on leaving - and she wasn't sure how to keep him there - or even if she could, so instead she whined again, stepping forward in an attempt to brush her nose against the underside of his neck...to press her head up under his chin...A silent goodbye...though she knew that if he walked away -s he might not see his bottle-brush tail again. Another whine escaped her as she did her best to convey to him what she was feeling.. Be careful.. The white female knew that if she could have cried - she would have... and perhaps yet she would somehow manage to do such an impossible thing. Watching Angier leave tugged on the heartstrings of the white female.. almost more than they had when she had left Grizzly Hollow.

Vlarindara knew that if she followed Angier - the pups would come to harm left alone as they were.. so after having said her goodbye..she pulled away quietly, stopping just long enough to see if he'd continue on his path or stay. When he didn't, she returned to the pups before settling down as their watchful guardian - moving this way and that to re-corral them into a small, cleared area that she deemed safe for them to play in...Where she could see all around them. Finally - after giving them some time to get to know the scents that would be their new. home.. she lifted her head to the sky and warbled out a message - a call to three of the Grizzly Hollow wolves. Two.. the alphas.. and her younger brother.

She hoped that this time, Jaysyek and Borden wouldn't wait long to respond - but in knowing that Raigo was still within the borders.. perhaps he might respond before Kiche. Could it be that the white female was a bit scared of the packs omega? Yes.. yes she was. She hoped that he wouldn't come out and attack the pups - or her in an attempt to run them off. The white female waited a few moments after calling, her message ringing out a second time before she got to her feet and began pacing around the two young wolves restlessly. Her pelt had filled out with the help from Angier - though still thin, she wasn't as much of a mangy mutt as she had been. With time, and care, she had cleaned the dirt and muck from the white strands, leaving them once more the shocking ivory color to match that of the pups fur. Like the two siblings, however.. her fur was also dusted with travel - but she looked much more like the wolf that had left Grizzly Hollow the first time, instead of the ragged creature that had left the second.

user posted image
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i>O O C | derp. /armflail.</i>

<blockquote>When a familiar howl rang through the air, Borden couldn't help but to question it at first. He had been on his way back towards the den where his darling and his children were nestled and had not expected such a thing; he had had a fairly quiet day away from his family and had anticipated coming across a rabbit or hearing a wary owl as it woke to greet the evening hours, but not the distant voice of another wolf. Swiftly, he carried himself through the forest, his long strides kicking up pine needles here and there wherever he bounded. He eventually came to the border but did not exactly find the caller at first. Placing his large nose to the ground, he checked to see if the visitor had been trailed his string of marked trees.

He trotted about before coming across the scent of a male, a distraught one who had been exactly where he stood only a few minutes prior to his arrival. The leader took a step along the fresh scent trail but was stopped by the soft rustle of paws along the forest floor. He went opposite of his initial path, stumbling upon a small clearing where Vlarindara and two ashen puppies stood. His head tilted and his ears pressed back against his skull before returning to their normal upright position. The dark-tipped tail at his hind legs arched over his back for a moment before straightening out behind him. He raised a paw in question, opening him mouth to address her but not finding his voice.

All sorts of newly-sprung ideas started running about in his mind as his gaze went to the whelps before her. He drew a breath, instantly detecting the male's scent in the area, prominently surrounding the trio. His muscles tensed and he quickly glanced around before looking back to the white lady. <b>"Is he coming back?"</b> he starkly asked, his voice heavily laced with unspoken suspicions.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2011, 01:07 AM by Borden.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

The arrival of the russet alpha from Grizzly Hollow brought the white female to a halt, pausing in her steps as she watched him...though she did carefully place her legs on either side of the two puppies. Vlarindara was giving a silent warning... telling Borden without words that she was protecting the pups - even if she had brought them to the borders. Her tail remained firmly between her legs, her head lowering, ears tucking back despite her defensive stance over the pups. "He? Oh...no..he's not coming back...He just.. helped me get them here.." Vlarindara let a soft whine escape her muzzle as she turned her attention away from Borden, glancing at the pups between her legs. "They....need a home..And I can't..give it to them..."

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>The Lyall mulled over her sentence, attempting to figure out whether or not the last part about him helping was true. For all Borden could assume, the male might have decided to loiter around his territory, potentially becoming some kind of threat if given the chance. He furrowed a brow as Vlarindara braced her paws on each side of the puppies, and remained silent as she stated that she couldn't give them a home. A soft growl emitted from his muzzle; his mind was still caught on the idea of the rogue male being near. Given the timeframe and how both he Vlarindara had spent some time away from home, Borden couldn't help but to start drawing some parallels.

<i>Perhaps this male had gotten to his Second and enchanted her when he had gone to the mountain. Then by the time Borden had returned, after having an unfortunate exchange of words with Makita, Vlar asked permission to not search for Raigo but instead seek out her secret sweetheart...</i>

His mind made an attempt to figure out the timeline of it all... to figure out if it made sense in the least bit. The pups she was prepared to defend were both <i>white</i>, for crying out loud. If he and Jayse's genes had produced a fine, ivory son, what could possibly argue against his current presumptions. <b>"Are they... yours?"</b> he asked in an even tone, looking at the youths before gazing up to their guardian.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

The growling made her crouch lower over the pups, bending her front end down farther than her back as she watched the male with something...akin to fear in her eyes. She couldn't let him injure Alexanders pups - but he was growling...would he try? When Borden spoke after the long silence, asking if they were hers, the white female blinked as she stared over her wounded muzzle at him. HErs? How could he... Oh....*OH*...The white female whined, shifting slightly until she held the pups protected against her soft, warm underbelly before sitting around them...then lowering herself yet further still. In essence, the white wolf had sat down, tucking the wriggling pups between her paws, then crouched her front end over them..in preparation for being reprimanded.

"Mine? ..No..they're not mine...Their names are Arlette and Theo...they're....Alexander and Amielles...pups..." There was a hint of sorrow in her tone as she spoke of the two leaders, but that had told of where she'd gone - to Midnight Plateau. "I know...you're not on good terms with the Mountain wolves..but..please...you can't...leave these little ones out on their own...AMielle disappeared..and Alexander was fighting a cougar from the den...he...they....they went over the cliff...and another wolf and I...we..brought the pups away from there.. here..where they might find a home..If..you wish to send me away, I understand - I...just please...don't leave the little ones..I've..cared for them as best I could - but I can't...support them alone..They need a pack." There was a begging hint to her words, ending in a soft whine in the end as she looked up beseechingly at Borden - praying.. that he'd understand.

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>He watched as Vlarindara readily braced herself around the puppies. Sternly eyeing them, one side of his muzzle wrinkled as he listened to her defensive reply and ensuing plea. The mention of Alexander and his pack made him shudder, but as she slowly revealed that his previous leader had fallen and met his alleged demise by the means of a cougar attack, he eventually softened. He let out a sigh; his stance loosened and his tail drooped. As much as he wanted to keep hold of his grudge and simply ignore Vlarindara's imploring request for him to take the pups, he just... couldn't.

He let out another breath of air and looked down at her. After the misunderstanding on the mountain and how words were often lost in translation, he should have been quick to dismiss her words, but this... this was his friend, not a disgruntled leader or a distraught yearling. No, this story was coming from the one wolf he trusted and held above all others, just like he had deemed Jaysyek. He wanted to believe her. <b>"Aww, Vlar,"</b> he murmured, his ears lowering as he saw now how she had lowered herself before him. <b>"You know I couldn't do that... send you away... You're always welcome here."</b>

<i>You should know that...</i> he wanted to add, after lowering all his guards. While he had a hankering to call her out on her story about the accident, to truly solidify the belief that Vlarindara had indeed fallen in love and such, he brushed his accusations away. Either way, he simply hoped the male would not return and that Vlarindara would not lie to him <i>again</i>.

He stepped forward and pressed his nose gently to her temple, lapping at her off-white fur before pulling away. <b>"I'm sure Jayse wouldn't mind having the three of you,"</b> he said quietly. <b>"Come on."</b> Slowly he took a step backward, wondering if she would allow him to carry the other puppy.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

A soft sigh of relief escaped her as she lowered her head to gently lift Theo in her jaws, her protective stance over the pups having relaxed. Borden wouldn't hurt them now - she hoped... and even if he did, they weren't hers to care for.. they were his now..The white female kept her feathered tail tucked between her legs, her overlarge ears folded against her neck while waiting for the Alpha of Grizzly Hollow to lift Arlette from where she was settled on the ground. Vlarindara would follow him then, without question deeper into the heart of his territory.. When he told her to stop and hand over the pup, she would do so without a word. Afterall.. If he wished to keep a traitor from getting close to his mate - she would listen without complaint.

OOC: Call the thread finished after you post? Not sure if you want to go somewhere else with it or whatevers.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Borden quietly plucked Arlette from the ground and after gazing to Vlarindara, noting her submissive stance, started walking off towards the heart of Grizzly Hollow. Evening was quickly settling in and every now and then, he stopped to glance in the direction of rustling twigs or scurrying paws. When nothing would emerge or reveal themselves, he carried on not just with walking but with thinking. The pup in his jowls was quiet for most of the way there which helped with his decision. Being suspicious of the white lady and the male who had obviously been lingering around her and the puppies would only weigh him down and question his choice of allowing her to return to his pack. By all means and for Raigo's sake, he would drop his overprotective streak and treat Vlar just as he seemingly always had... as an old friend. The verdict was this: he would simply and straightforwardly tell Jaysyek of Vlarindara's story - how something terrible had happened on Mount Dire and how Alexander's son and daughter were orphaned - and simply hope for the best.

<i>{Presto.}</i></blockquote>