Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia

autumn's the mellow time — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 123 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marianna Leigh
For @Kova -- late afternoon, not far outside RSC

Everyone was so sad.

Marianna could not stand it.  Oh, she missed her mother too – but what right did @Raela have to be moping around when she had no relation to Minka?  Where did @Calanthe think she got off, skirting and shuddering, when she’d barely been a part of the pack at all?  It was her momma who’d died so suddenly, without a single warning.  It was her mother those subordinates were supposed to save – what good were they, if they couldn’t preform the most basic of duties?  

With no interest in anyone outside of her inner circle, Ari’s sadness almost appeared to be indifferent – her mourning was different than the others, and she could not place theirs.  Unable to offer comfort or support in the ways they needed it, she often avoided the others when they seemed down.  It was becoming a bit much for the young princess.  Even @Gent was dodged when he was particularly moody.  It was not anger.  Just frustration.

Trotting outside of Round Stone Crest, the girl had no intention of straying far outside her home.  All she craved today was a bit of space to breath, and then she’d venture back, seeking out one of her brothers to play, or perhaps hunt.  Doing something was better than just lazing around and being sad.  It would never get better if she just sat around all the time.  Finding a large, dry rock, the puppy scrambled onto the flat surface before circling a few times.  Deciding the lichen was soft enough, she settled with a huff, flat against the stone.

“I just want things back,” Ari sighed to herself.   “I wanna go back.”
Played by TABs who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
(Note that he hasn't gotten to her just yet)

The young male wandered rather aimlessly through Round Stone Crest territory. He'd been one of the few wolves who didn't want to move Black Thorn Downs pack farther north. Kova alone had felt like the place would not hold happiness for them, and now look. Both of his parents had graves in these cold northern lands. Despite the enemies they had had down south Kova could believe that their pack had done better there. He understood the reasoning for leaving, but not a day went by that Kova wished that he could be back at the Downs sunbathing on his fathers favorite boulder. All of his good memories were there where the blackberry's fruits and flowers coated the landscape.

Thoroughly depressed with life in general Kova meandered through the tall timbers until the scent of his sister crossed his nose. He had carefully noted how each of his siblings were grieving after the death of their mother. In fact, Kova had wanted to speak to all of them on their own time, separately from one another, so as to avoid any fighting between the three of them. Things were tricky with how Ari, Kino, and Draven interacted, and Kova didn't want to make things worse by talking to all three of them together.

So he hopped at the chance to hang with Ari since it smelled as though she were alone. Besides, he wasn't so sure if Gent would be okay with the young Lagina princess being alone outside of the borders. If he had found her without Kova there would have been hell to pay that was for sure.

“Ari can I visit you?” He let out a low howl calling out the question to her gently. If she didn't want him around then he might take his time getting to her, but Kova too needed somebody to lean on. Especially since he had no one else he particularly liked right now to lean on besides his younger siblings.

(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2015, 02:22 AM by Kova.)

Inactive No Rank
Marianna Leigh

Indeed, the young girl would find herself in quite a bit of trouble if anyone caught her beyond the borders of Round Stone Crest. While she didn’t typically advertise her blatant disregard for that particular rule, Ari did little to hide that she often left pack grounds. It wasn’t so much that she sought a rule to break, after all, and she didn’t tend to roam far beyond the reaches of the territory. Often she’d find a quiet place to curl up – perhaps she’d sleep, or she’d simply think. Other times, she’d find something interesting to play with. Perhaps it was a babbling brook or a shiny rock, whatever would keep her mind off of the events at home.

Today was no different, and the howl sent a bolt of fright down her spine. For a moment, the Lagina thought herself caught.

Realizing a moment later that it was @Kova, she got to her feet, tail wiggling a bit when she realized it was someone she actually wanted to see. Ears cupped forward, she answered him in turn. “I’m here!” the girl called, her grey eyes much brighter than they were only moments ago. “You can come to see me!”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by TABs who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
Yay Kova can teach her how to hunt rabbits!  :D

He slowed to a stop listening as Marianna's call cut through the tall timbers. Kova's tail wags happily glad that she wanted to spend time with him. He only barely notices the strong scent of a rabbits nest as the youth jumps forward running towards the young she wolf's call. The trees blur past the strong form of the young wolf as he leaps through the forest. He jumps over rocks and logs while weaving between the tall thick timbers. Eventually Kova spots her red colored fur in the distance and begins to slow his pace.

Quickly Kova slowed himself down to a stop causing the leaves to flutter upwards around his paws towards Ari's face. Then his head drooped a bit while an apologetic look spread across his maw. A wagging tail greeted the young she wolf while Kova head butted her side affectionately. He stepped back then and smiled before turning to look at the woods where he had just come from. 

“So watcha doin?” Kova asked quickly wondering if she was doing anything interesting or needed help with anything. He remembers the scent of the rabbits he had passed earlier and made a mental note to ask her if she wanted to go after them with him.

Inactive No Rank
Marianna Leigh

Once she released her call to the sky, Ari sat upon her rock and did not move. She’d learned, at least, that it was much more difficult to track a wolf who departed after sounding off – she also had an excellent vantage point from where she sat! The former princess settled with her front paws together, looking the picture of regality as she waited, scanning the trees until her brother appeared in the distance. Her bushy tail swept the patches of lichen behind her as she waited for him to arrive, jumping down once he was within a few wolf’s lengths away.

Kova greeted her with a gentle head butt, and she offered a playful nibble to his jaw in return. Her flag waved easily behind her as her ears pricked forward, smoky eyes bright as nibbles turned into a few fleeting licks. It was clear as day that she was pleased to see the eldest Lagina, shaking her pelt out once the hellos were out of the way.

“Oh, I was just gonna nap,” she explained, looking a bit sheepish. She’d travelled all this way outside of Round Stone Crest, well aware it was against the rules, and all that was for a bit of peace and quiet while she slept. “I just…dunno. Don’t like how sad everyone is. It’s weird. Makes me feel weird. I just…don’t want to be around it?” the girl admitted, smile fading into a grimace. “You aren’t gonna tell on me, are you?”

Sounds good to me!