(See All?) Announcements
467 Users Online
Bing, Google

the ghost of you — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 56 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila
RE: One of your pack mates is acting oddly, as if they were possessed.  
For @Vitani

Gilligan continued to struggle to make pack life work, and life worked around him, as it was prone to do.  That one yearling couldn’t seem to find his place was of no importance to anyone else, save perhaps his father – even life at Silent Moon Plateau continued to churn onwards without regard for the life of one red Aquila.  In the time since he and @Datura had joined the pack, there had been three leaders.  The first, killed accidentally during a rank dispute.  The second, disappeared without a word to the rest of a pack, in what seemed like only a few days after she’d won her position as alpha.  Now, the female lead was Vitani – a wolf he didn’t know, and one he wasn’t sure he wanted to meet. 

The white creature seemed intense, if nothing else. 

Of course, the same could be said for Phineas, which was perhaps the reason he generally sought to avoid the Argyris patriarch after the discovery of one of the Fallen Tree Cove pups near their borders.  That another ghostly baghest would slip into his place did not give the young Aquila any comfort. 

With a heavy sigh, he dropped the meager squirrel into the pack’s cache, staring for several moments before pushing the dirt over the animal’s cooling body.  Maybe, he thought, they tricked us.  Tricked Dad!  Maybe they were really ghosts, possessing bodies and trapping living wolves!  It was something out of a tale the older pups would tell him back at White Goat, but they were all white, and they were all creepy too. 

“I’ve gotta tell Dad!”

Played by Becca who has 43 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris
She had been roaming about the lands, content with the things that had been shifting about in the Plateau. Part of her new once the big things settled she could focus on smaller details. Meeting others, making friends, remembering names. While she certainly had time to do those things Vitani was becoming well aware she also had to be prepared for the winter coming on. But circling in to check the caches she heard someone, male and perhaps younger, call out.

"I've gotta tell Dad!"

Interest struck the woman and she turned the corner to see a vaguely familiar, likely from the meeting. "Tell dad, what? If you don't mind me asking." Of course she had a right to ask and know things now. Being a leader made her felt as though she needed to know who was whispering what to who. Vitani herself had always been a secret keeper but this was different. She knew that if the creatures she called family kept secrets and couldn't trust her she wouldn't last long. The crown would weigh her down if such things happened. The Lieris woman was seeking to find acceptance from every member. Having Erebos support her fully she decided that maybe gaining the trust of this young odd male would be even better. Youth did have a strong impact, didn't they?
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila

Speak of the devil, and She shall appear?

Or…he didn’t actually speak about her, did he?  Gilligan’s sunset eyes widened as he whirled around, tripping over the recently upturned dirt.  All he did was think her name – was that actually enough to summon a ghost?  Or a spirit?  Or maybe the she-wolf was a psychic, with the secret ability to read minds?  But if she could, then she wouldn’t ask what he wanted to tell Datura – she’d probably silence him before he could spread any rumors.

It took the yearling several moments to realize he was staring at Vitani owlishly, not so much as blinking as he watched the white wolf.  Only then did he swallow hard, the knot in his throat bobbing as he dipped his head and gave a gentle wag of the tip of his tail – Gilligan might be prone to exaggeration, but he certainly wasn’t stupid, and even Datura didn’t have to teach him to be respectful to an alpha, however new they might be to the job.

“I, uh.  Yanno.  Was just thinking, yo?” he tried, fairly certain the woman wouldn’t want to hear that Gilligan was speculating possession among her ranks (much less that she herself might be hosting a spirit behind her face). “…you…d’you believe in ghosts?”

#R28-9
Played by Becca who has 43 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris
It seemed she had startled the poor younger male. His eyes seemed ablaze with shock as he stared at her like some sort of bird. Was something on her face? Perhaps her fur was a bit to dirty? Realizing she was overreacting, again, the pale Lieris listened to the ginger male before her.

Had he said yo? What the hell even was that? A bit taken back she decided to not fully take that part of his talking and move on to his question. Which seemed to be on a rather strange topic. Ghosts. "I don't know." Her voice was soft and truthful ringing out to him. "I've never been given a reason to believe so, but I assume anything is possible." Shrugging lightly she took a few steps closer let her tail wag in a more easy relaxed manner. "What about you? Ever had any spooky happenings?" Her pale hind touched the ground gently as she chuckled. This was what she needed. A good laugh about something that seemed utterly silly in her mind.

Yet she also wondered what might cause the boy to ask such a strange question. If he was some sort of strange wolf that believed in the odds of voodoo, possession, etc. she might have to have a more serious talk. The last thing she would want was some weirdo putting that sort of impression on the children.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila

“I don’t know.”

Was that code for ‘I’m a ghost and I’m not telling you’, or did the female honestly not put much thought into it?  The yearling furrowed his brows, lips twisting to one side as he tried to piece it together.  One could practically see the gears turning behind his eyes – if he thought any harder, smoke might start rising from his triangular ears.  Said ears were out to the side as he huffed heavily, shoulders falling by a fraction as he lifted his gaze, focusing back on Vitani’s face once more.  “…I guess,” he supposed, rolling one bony shoulder in a half-hearted shrug.

That she laughed as she sat hinted she didn’t take Gilligan’s distress seriously, and his ears slid a little further back, his whiskers out to the side twitching slightly.  As concerned as he was about the strange happenings of Silent Moon Plateau, it paled in comparison to being mocked, much less by a lady. Huffing again, the boy shook out his coat, and wondered idly what @Datura would do in such a situation.  Surely not play his hand?

“I dunno,” Gil decided on after a few moments.  It dawned on him then that this casual speech was probably not appropriate, and shook his head.  The language that followed was much more thought out, clearly, for it was littered with paused and frowns.  “Sorry, uh…I…don’t know.  Not spooky.  Just…strange?  Things have been…strange here…lately.  I was gonna…going to…ask my dad about it, yo.  I mean…you know?”

(This post was last modified: Nov 29, 2015, 01:44 AM by Gilligan.)

#R28-9