(See All?) Announcements
507 Users Online
Bing, Google

we bury the sunlight — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
@Darrah I hope the powerplay is okay, if not than message me. <3 We needed a thread.
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

Home was different since his return. There was a lot of quiet change no one really talked about. The man had come to face facts they all had moved on, and it was time he continued his life in the present as well.

The strangest for him was was the fact he had not reclaimed his title from Drestig. It had been a long time since he had just been a member of the pack, and it was a little liberating. Why his care did not waver, he didn't have to answer calls, and constantly patrol. He wasn't sure for the moment if he would or if he should attempt to gain it back. Or if he wanted to. His friend had done fine in his absence, and his head was probably more straight on than his own. Maybe, it was time, maybe it was just better to leave things. Without a firm decision he would address the issue later.

A loud huff he continued south, feeling the sudden cool air press around him, the oncoming white fog making him slightly nervous. Flame colored eyes wandered from the dark trees to the white puff, feeling the need to be cautious. At some point he glanced to his companion, hoping it went unnoticed. Darrah held the mark of his mother, but Triell still saw a mini version of himself. How much he had grown in both mind and body. The father wondered many a thing, but as they trotted he found himself unable to begin. He felt no subject was safe.  So they traveled in silence through the shadowed wood. All along Triell was looking at the bigger picture, and the Tainn had other concerns than just leading the Bend. Where had Zera gone? Was she all right? He assumed so. She had wandered away and returned in the past. Like a worried father he felt the need to look. But, this time he had dragged Darrah to come with him to check these woods.  This wasn't just about Zera, this was about him. The remaining darkness in his son cut at his heart, and he felt their relationship was priority over all the rest.

"So, how were things while I was gone?" He began with this question, forcing himself to keep all the others back.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2015, 04:32 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
It's been so long! :,D

Darrah limped alongside his father, though tried desperately to hide that anything was the matter. It'd been a long time since the pair had been together like this, the last thing he needed was for conversation to completely center around what had happened with that damn.. moose.

His father spoke, though the Tainn didn't know how to respond. Would the man feel disappointment in knowing that the Bend had operated fairly well without his ruling? Nevertheless perhaps it'd be worse to hear otherwise. "Decent I suppose.." he remained vague, sure that someone had already filled the former-king in on their little mishap with nature's creatures. The rest would only be unimportant coming from his son's muzzle. 'I'd ask how his escapade went, but isn't that already pretty obvious?'

As things fell a bit silent, Darrah remembered the offer he'd been given from his 'uncle'. "Drestig thinks I'd make a good guardian, what do you think..?" though they weren't exactly as close as they'd previously been, Triell's opinion still meant the world to the raven yearling. His expectations had high hopes of receiving some blessings on the matter, but perhaps if his Father felt the title to be worthless to his son, he'd think about reconsidering. "...And are you gonna take you're spot back...? as alpha I mean..." after all, the young Tainn hated not being a prince.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
@Darrah <3

This walk probably felt like cutting teeth to the lad, but just because it felt that way to Darrah didn't mean Triell would easily give up. If it took baby steps to rebuild gabs, it would be worth it. He dearly missed being with his boy. The once care-free cub whose eyes were full of question, with a steady voice for reason.

The man bobbed his head at the comment, black face thoughtful. For things had gone all right, and did that mean things needed to change? The Tainn couldn't help but throw in a comment about the incident. "Hmm, minus one angry moose?" He murmured, but the crooked grin proved it was only a jest. "I'm glad you looked after your siblings. Sahalie told me about the moose, though it was @Spieden who told me the whole story."

"I see why Drestig would say that. You seem fit for the task after all that has happened,  and it was what I use to do for Serach's mother back in the day when I was only a little older than you." The father was beyond proud to think Darrah would follow in his footsteps, one day leading a pack. It was how his son had said it, Drestig thinks, that made him wonder  was it what he really wanted? Triell had always wanted to be a Guardian. Big and strong like his brothers, his father. Protector of the borders, and fighting rogues. Eventually, becoming a reliable second command for one of them. When Corinna had bestowed  the title upon him, it had been one of the greatest moments of his life. A memory he cherished. "What do you think? Scouting doesn't appeal to you as it does Drestig? Or medicine?"

They continued their stroll it felt easier  to converse as they had once before. "I've thought about it," he began, not sure how much he wanted to share. The same time he realized he couldn't keep his son in the dark, and Darrah was a young man now. Like the terrible habit it was, he let out a rough sigh. "It doesn't feel right to make Drestig continue to carry all the responsibility. It was meant to be temporary. But," and it felt like a big but. It wasn't the strangest thing leading with Spieden, as he had done beside Cori for quite some time, he again wasn't sure what he should do. How he should do it. "I want to do what is best for the pack. More importantly I want to do what's best for you, and your siblings. I was waiting if that meant taking up my title again or not." Words hung in the air, clear like Darrah he was struggling with the next chapter in his own life.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2015, 08:06 PM by Triell.)
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Long story short, I lost my laptop charger and getting on the internet had been extremely hard for me the past month or so. Found it today. It's been in my messy car the whole time and I'm extremely disappointed in myself XD. I won't ever take that long to respond again, especially with this being such an important conversation to my lil man here. I'm so sorry Dx.

Triell brought up the 'incident' after all, and the yearling couldn't help but groan. 'Stupid wild beast,' he snarled. 'Should of killed him back there.. If only I were a little stronger.' though not even the other members of the bend wasted their time diminishing the mammal, perhaps it's strength was just too overbearing for a wolf to take. "Ha, it was nothing." Darrah shared a warm smile with his father. "I wouldn't be able to call myself a big brother with confidence, if I didn't have their backs. Between you and me, I like being an older sibling.." His words were laced with a sense of sincerity. Without the newly produced kin, he'd still be border-lining chaos. They gave the boy something to care about, and a reason to hate his mother just a little less. They brought him sanity, if anything perhaps his father should be thanking them.

Darrah hadn't the slightest idea that his father had once claimed the same title he sought so badly for. In a way, the news was a boost of confidence. It brought missing pieces together, giving the Tainn more hope toward actually ruling the Bend one day. "Mmm, I don't think so.." he frowned, pausing to collect his thoughts. "I've already been spending a lot of time patrolling the boarders, and that's just for fun! So I think it'd be a bit more natural to me, becoming a guardian." alongside giving him further purpose, something the boy had desperately needed for some time now. "But he said I'll probably have to wait until my second birthday.. Maybe we could spar together sometime? You know, for practice?"

"Well, have you talked to him about it yet?" Darrah couldn't know for sure, but there was always the possibility that Drestig wouldn't even want to step down. It made the yearling a bit uncomfortable to think about, though. If a fight were to break out on the matter, he wouldn't know who's side to be on. They were both so important, though the likeliness of violence between the two was extremely slim. 'But I'm not so sure I even hold a claim to the throne anymore, and that bothers me..'

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<3 It's okay I figured you would when you could. @Darrah

He studied the young wolf, seeing parts of the boy he had missed. The confident, and caring side, upbeat. "You are a great older brother," he praised, glad he had taken on the role so easily. Triell had feared Darrah would hate the idea of more siblings. They may just be the only ones he got.

Topaz colored gaze settled on the damp path ahead, giving an ear to Darrah, but also checking for signs of Zera. "Glad you'll enjoy it." He had always done so in his youth, even when he wasn't much to scare off an intruder. It didn't stop him from trying. "Yes, it's better to wait till then so you can be certain, practice other skills too." Now, he had no doubts it was what Darrah really wanted. "Definitely, it's a Tainn family tradition," he remarked with a crooked grin and wink.

"No, honestly I figured he would find me and step down after some point. Since that hasn't happened I'm a little reluctant to do anything. He's a great friend to me, and as time passes it gets a little harder. But, I'm giving him a little more time, then I promise we will settle the issue. It does feel odd being second." He felt his son may be on his side to return to leadership,but  Triell couldn't help but wonder why. Did anyone else care over the issue? No one else seemed awfully worried about, and it was another reason for his hesitation. After all Spieden had remained since he had promoted her, becoming the mother his children had lacked. Since no one had mates in the pack it made the natural order all sorts of confusing. Who should be leading them into the future?

Triell Tainn
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity