(See All?) Announcements
297 Users Online
Bing, Google, atalietts2772

on the edge — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> It was eerie around this part of Relic Lore. A certain sort of freaky that even Inkheart felt was a little too strong and scary. Of course, he was not about to curl up in someone’s lap and cry himself to sleep but it made his hair stand on end. The fact that the wind was blowing at a strange speed and the weather was nice and warm, clouds drifting slowly in the sky—everything seemed far too calm to not be somewhat freakish. Nevertheless, he would admit that it was a beautiful day outside and perfect for laying under a willow tree with a blank mind.
After the discovery of Amelie’s disappearance along with the rest of her pack he had felt strange and had lost track of the road he had been taking to get her. Now that she was gone he still felt rooted to this place like it wasn’t her that left him here—he was here to gain experience and build something for himself. His first job was to round up the troops but how did you do that exactly? Hey you, bigfoot, you in a pack? It was not something you randomly said to someone and especially when you had no idea if they were in a pack or not or if they were looking to leave theirs for a better one.

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
<i> some time after meeting elettra. </i>

we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

Home. She wasn't sure where that was any more. The mountain still felt like home, but could she make it up there now? Would it seem the same once she got there, or would it feel empty? Would it hurt to see the place where the terrible event had unfolded? She wasn't sure, but she did feel a need to return there. Angier could have returned, or another member wondering where everybody was. She should go back, actually being there would help make up her mind -to stay or go. And maybe she could figure out what had happened to both of her white leaders. She highly doubted either had returned, but there was something in her mind that needed the idea to be a proven fact. That everyone was really gone, and there was no more Midnight Plateau.

Healing wounds upon her like telling tattoos, she had gained back some strength,and started on her way to the high peak. It would be a long journey, but she had nothing else to do. Sure she was tempted to find Angier, see what had become of him, but he was not a cater-cousin. Secondly she didn't know where to look, and didn't exactly want to howl openly for a wolf she barely knew. A part of her was afraid to hear Alexander's children were dead, and she did not need such thoughts.

A steady stride, slower than a normal trot she cut away from her healing site, and to the open lands. She didn't have to get to the mountain right away. The cinamon peppered girl was curious if she might stumble into someone. Of coarse, she didn't think she would stumble upon a familiar black wolf she'd met in spring. Yet when she found a nearbye lagoon, surrounded by the thin forest of drooping willows she did catch his familiar scent. Inkheart.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2011, 10:52 PM by Skylah.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> It had been some time since he had run across anyone that he had met before or had even had somewhat of a pleasant conversation with, so it was somewhat pleasant to sense the beckoning scent of a familiar face. His head lifted eagerly to welcome the ‘stranger’ into his humble vacation spot but with one single swoop of his head to invite her over he realized her somewhat injured stride. Perhaps it was his inclination and experience when it came to a woman’s appearance and the ways wounds affected a person’s demeanor but he could instantly find the changes physically.
It took a few seconds to correctly remember her name but once he did he did not hesitate to pick himself up and move towards her (half of this was because he had a need to protect while the other was because he had grown to care for her as a friend), <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Skylah? Are you alright?” Once he came a little closer and investigate the injuries she had gained he could not help but feel angered that someone (or something) had hurt her.

Inactive No Rank

Suprise alone had her cutting a few steps short. She had not seen the male in so long, she had thought he had dissapeared too. But here he was alive, and black as night coming toward her. Ears swivled upon the side of her silver mask, and her paw placed one more time in his direction. She was sure she did not look the same. She had cleaned up, and things were healing, but the long scars were evident in her hide where the skin was dark, and worn. First she opened her jaw to speak, but she knew not what to say. This was an unprepared meeting, and he appeared to be doing well.

Upon his question, a faint grin lingered on her black lined lips. "I'm alright, you should see the other guy," she replied in teasing tone, the end of her tail wagging feebly. She had certainly liked Ink upon first meeting, and had thought of seeing him again. Only not like this. The she-wolf had no intention of shying away, and hiding. She slowly reclined to her haunches feeling the rest on her worn muscles would be good timing. "What about you? I haven't seen you in awhile?" she inquired, with a raised brow.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> The whole that Amelie had left in her dying absence was large but yet he still knew that he was capable of feeling protective over some. It was through his hard upbringing that he had become so cold and distant, even to his sister, but now he understood that he did not always need to be like that. There were possibilities of friendships, relationships and even a future with a family though he knew even that was a lot to ask for. Sure, he knew he was a handsome hunk filled with promise and the desire to pleasure a woman and protect her but what more could he do for them? Sometimes he was insanely selfish and just sought to protect himself, feed himself and pleasure himself. With this single feeling where he no doubt wanted Skylah to be avenged for what had been done.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I’m sure you beat them to a pulp,” he chided with a grin though he had never known how well she would do in a fight but felt like he did not want to see her get injured much more, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“but these wounds are exceedingly deep, no?” From the angle he looked at them they seemed pretty painful and sore but it was her body that had been created on so it was her call. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I’ve been busy trying to find a place to settle. I’m going to create myself a pack somewhere but I have yet to decide where and finding others who are not already in a pack is tough,” perhaps if he was thinking clearly he would have concluded that Skylah had been a part of the now departed Midnight Plateau but that pack had only involved Amelie and now that she was gone, it made a lot more sense that there were more there than just her.

Inactive No Rank

A quiet laugh erupted from her lips. She wished she had beat the enemy to a pulp, but she was sure the mountain had done that part mostly. " Almost," she answered, unsure what to really tell him. He had been pretty knowledgable of the lands when she'd met him, so there was no telling what he knew. She wanted to shrug her shoulders at his comment on her wounds. The truth was that would hurt them, and she'd flinch with the stinging pain. They were healing, but they still hurt like hell. Instead her butterscotch eyes swept up to his fiery, orange gaze with a seriousness to their depth. "They are, and I have been under the watchful eye of a medic. But I can not stand to be still why they heal any longer, so now I"m trying to get home, and not rip them further best I can."

Maybe she should have stayed with the charcoal toned lady longer, but Skylah had gotten to the point of crazy not having news, moving so little, and especially not taking care of herself. It had just been time to get out of there, and let the world decide what was to become of her now. Ears swept upward at his smooth tone, it made sense what he spoke of. She couldn't picture him beneath another's rule. "I, well, that would keep you busy. You might have better luck now, I think the pack of the mountain is no more," she responded rather quietly, looking to the clear surface of the water, her tone either of weariness, or sadness. Both perhaps.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> In a way, she was charming and adorable but even the darker parts of him were still strong. Inkheart was materialistic and wanted a woman that was easy to look at—Amelie had been that woman but now she was gone and that left him with no fantasies of what life would be like as a couple. It had been years since he had been with any woman in any which way and since his return here he had wanted to experience what had been untouched but knew that the consequences would burn his chances of a future rule.
Though he was a solitary creature in every sense, he could not let her be alone. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I would like to stay with you tonight if you will have me though I understand if you are wary,” and he would even go to such lengths as, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I’ll even stay outside your den if you would like. I will be there simply if you need me.” For once, Inkheart was pushing the buttons of generosity without trying so desperately to please. With the topic pressing onwards (though still waiting on her acceptance or rejection) he could not help but pleased with the verbal news of the disbanding pack but he did curiously wonder aloud if that had been her home.
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“You had been a part of Midnight Plateau, yes?” It must have been hard to suddenly lose the pack because two selfish individuals ran off but then again, he felt confident that it was because his feelings for Amelie were too much for the two of them to handle. Inkheart was a strong individual and if he wanted something, he would take it.

Inactive No Rank
<i>sorry i read the description of the willows, and took it they were near the lagoon, so hope that isn't messing with ya :X</i>

Eyes clung along the edge of the peaceful water, doing best not to stare at him in surprise. She hadn't expected his offer, and pondered the value of it, if she should take him up on it. Expecting no one to be back on the mountain did have her aching for company, familiar company. She had been looking forward to seeing home, but seeing it empty? She'd tried not to worry to much about that. She supposed there was no harm in accepting his kindness, wasn't like things could get worse. She did trust him to a point, and what did she have to lose? Nothing. If anything she might least gain a friend, a new home if he managed to start one. Eyes closed momentarily while she took in the sweet smell of the lagoon, and the rogue's cologne. Black lined lips pursed, and quickly her eyes flickered to his. "I would appreciate that Ink, " she said in brutal honesty. Being alone was getting to be overrated.

"I was," she remarked, her tone indifferent. She honestly still didn't understand where Amelie had gone, and thinking Alexander possibly dead wasn't an easy thought. "But, sadly my female leader went missing, and a cougar came for her children. Her mate took the cougar down the mountain with him, and I pursued it so the rest of the pack could save the little ones." She swallowed the distate in her mouth, looking at her cream paws for a time. There wasn't much more to the story, it was clear what had put it's marks in her.

Carefully she rose back to a stand, and took a step toward the lagoon. Her head turned round, "I doubt I can make it all the way home today, but I'm sure I could reach the Heigths." She figured, she might as well state a goal, what she thought she could handle. She could see her former home from here, and it made it that much further instead of closer. However, she did want to try to get to the mountain range, where she was sure they could find a place to rest. She only wasn't sure when her body would cave, when it'd have enough of it's master's pushes. Her goal could take longer.

(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2011, 05:58 PM by Skylah.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
Not at all <3
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> Inkheart did hope that Skylah would be able to be on her own or at least welcome the idea of company that would readily take care of her. Even if he was a male with devilish thoughts sometimes he did want her to be safe and valued some sort of connection with her. Only his mind knew whether or not it was because he was desperate for numbers in the future or if he was actually seeking companionship like a real canine. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Then I will stay with you tonight and let no harm fall upon you,” because that was what a true man should do for a lady. Since he had been a rogue for all his life he truly had no ‘home’ to return to and never slept in the same place twice so it would work out with no flaws.
The story of Amelie and Alexander had him feeling angry and upset but his face showed none. The only expression he displayed was one of solid sadness but one thing he realized was that she had yet to mention if the children had made it out alive. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“What of the children?” Surely Skylah had saved them by sacrificing herself to the cougar and what was left of the pack must have helped out—either way, he would mourn their deaths or do what he could to father them if need be. Inkheart wanted to raise them because he knew, deep down, he should have been their father from the very start.
He felt strong in the act of companionship towards Skylah but also that she would prove to be a valuable asset if she sacrificed herself to save another. She would be a good addition thus, <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“if I were to make a pack would you join me?” It was a question he had wanted to ask since the beginning but the urge to ask was now strong. Skylah had proven her worth to that of a pack thus she should be rewarded well.

Inactive No Rank

If nothing had changed she would be resting during the day, and wandering at night. Her healing condition made it easier to travel with the sun as a companion. There was less animals traveling in the rising heat, and in unknown lands she could avoid nature's hidden traps much easier. She had tried best to rest in the night's blanket, but she hardly had a restful slumber. The cougar, whom she belived dead, still did well to haunt her dreams feeding off the corspe of a large white, gray stroked wolf. If only her mind would blank out in true darkness, like it once had. A smile lingered on her muzzle, "I may actually get some real sleep then," and she hoped her own words were true. Knowing someone was keeping an eye on her once more would hopefully put nightmares to rest.

She hadn't thought he'd wonder of the children, or she'd hoped he wouldn't. She wasn't sure what the world had in mind for them, and her face became blank thinking of the best way to answer. She was sure Angier had done what he could for them, and the white lady she'd briefly met. Lips tucked in a tight frown, she let out a rather quiet sigh. She might as well get it out, maybe it would rid her body of the poison worry was. "I know the wolves who remained would do all they could for them. But they were only a day old, and in great need of a mother." It seemed by saying it aloud, their fate was sealed, they hadn't survived. Somehow she belived Angier would try to get them to a new home. Surely another pack would have had to have pups? She shook her head, not sure what to believe, what to let herself. "I plan to find out for sure, I just want to go home first." The word home hung in the air, almost like a question. Of coarse home was the mountain, and half of her hoped Angier would be there. She could kill two birds with one stone, and decide what was next.

Upon his question, skull titled slightly, blinking as eyes looked him over seeing how serious he was. She had not thought far into her future, struggling now with the present, but she didn't really need to think it over. "I would,"was her simply reply.