(See All?) Announcements
581 Users Online
Google, Bing

dying historic — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable
Perhaps it wasn’t his intention to offend, but the young woman had come forward offering her assistance.  In his state, it wasn’t wise for Craw to be offending those wishing to give aid in a time of clear need.  After all, he rarely bled spontaneously.  The redhead took a moment to herself, schooling her expression into a careful neutral as she bit back an acerbic remark.  She was the one with the ability to leave at any time, though given the most recent information, she’d feel a bit more poorly for abandoning the other loner to fend for himself while a hungry cougar prowled about.

So she remained where she was for a moment, quirking a wolfish brow as she considered the crass, selfish man.  “I have to wonder what you did to gain the cougar’s ire,” she murmured, one ear swiveling backwards in a general scan for anything large and predatory.  Still, Isuni did not move, begrudgingly obliging the injured man not because she cared for him at all, but because it was against her nature not to care for someone in dire need. “Though I suppose I will stay.  I’m not heartless.”  With a soft sigh, she twisted her head, trying to get a closer look at the man’s wound.  “Hopefully we won't have any visitors for the rest of the night."

Fade.
(This post was last modified: Nov 27, 2015, 10:30 PM by Isuni.)
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
@Isuni, just so you see it <3

Acutely aware of the cooling blood congealing in his fur, this little pseudo-combat with the uptight red woman was rapidly diminishing in importance. He would never satisfy her, never say the right thing, and in another time and world it might have mattered, but Craw's priorities this night were one and one only; endure. He let her mutters be lost to the wind, wanting only confirmation that she would stay. When she did not move away, he assumed that Capable would relent - and then she confirmed it.

The pale beast let out a long breath, and slid his paws forward to slump to the ground, still fighting the urge to succumb to his exhaustion. There would be no sleep for him this night; he neither trusted Capable to hold to her word nor attack him herself should he let his guard down. But he had come through worse than a restless night in the past weeks, and this one would not defeat him.

Mind dulling as the pain throbbed and the wounds bled and the many strands of thought he had been holding on to started to come loose, Craw discarded the now-superfluous and focused only on what was necessary. "Thank you," came the quiet, rolling response, done with the futile attempts to impress, with their verbal combat. All he needed was her presence, and then the wretch could be forgotten.

The night would be long, but they would see the end of it. This wasn't the end.
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]