(See All?) Announcements
572 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo

Minimal Happiness — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Autumn who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Helaku Featherwind
Helaku had been traveling for a little over three weeks now, and he was beginning to tire of the constant movement. Eventually, he knew he would have to find a place to settle down. He may have been in his prime, but he didn't want to waste his best years doing this. No. In fact, that was a part of the reason he had left his father's tribe in the first place. Helaku had always been close to his family (and the rest of the tribe members), but he yearned for something more, something of his own. And while he couldn't quite pinpoint exactly what he was looking for, he did feel like he was drawing closer to it everyday.

The hybrid stopped, letting his hindquarters drop to the plush blanket of grass beneath him. It was midday, although the sun was obscured by the clouds that hung overhead. Still, the heat was enough to make him pant, his tongue lolling out of his mouth in a rather amusing manner. He stopped his panting only to reach his hind leg to his ear and scratch an itch that had been bothering him for a good ten minutes now. Feeling content, he resumed his panting and looked to the north, wondering what secrets it may hide.
Avatar photo by <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildphotons/230546479">Wildphotons</a>.
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
O O C | Hope you don't mind Angier creeping on in. :x

<blockquote>Feeling a bit more like himself every day since he had left that day with Elettra behind, Angier Lyall strode - no, <i>stalked</i> - through the dreary forest. For what seemed like hours, he swept under the curtains of leaves and underbrush to discover that at the edge of the wood laid a vast, uneven meadow. He scowled at the lush green terrain for a moment before shrugging and pacing forward. Perhaps he'd find a decent meal here... Just <i>perhaps.</i>

He lowered his ivory muzzle into the grass, trying to pick up any distinct scents of wolves or other wary inhabitants - foxes, lynxes, or otherwise. He had been walking along for some time before his nose was struck with the most peculiar scent. Someone who did not smell like Relic Lore was here. Rather than smelling of the familiar trees of Cedarwood or of willows and stone, this identity just smelled... <i>out of place</i> like he hadn't been around here for very long. He immediately lifted his head, glancing about until his eyes fell upon the small figure of a canine. He was scratching one of his auburn-hued ears, seemingly absorbed in his surroundings. A smirk slinked up his muzzle and he let out a couple of loud barks. <b><i>"HEY! I'd get out of 'ere if I were you!"</i></b> This... might actually be fun.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2011, 01:21 AM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Inactive No Rank
Helaku Featherwind
<i>Thanks for joining! Also, it's not a big deal, but technically saying what Helaku did or didn't hear is powerplaying. It's cool this time (and works out well for this thread), just for future reference!</i>

Having been downwind from the other wolf, Helaku hadn't sensed him right away. However, the barks and yelling were enough to alert him to the presence of another, and Helaku stood on his feet immediately, hackles raised and teeth bared. He may have been small, but he had learned long ago that size meant very little in a display of dominance (or in this case, defense). Helaku was certain that, unless his nose was completely broken, this land had been claimed by no one, and he was completely within his rights to be here.

Then again, he didn't exactly feel like arguing with a complete stranger... a hostile one, at that. Of course, it was in Helaku's blood not to simply cower at the first sign of somebody else's show of dominance, and he certainly had no intentions of fleeing the scene. He'd come here for a bit of rest, and this guy seemed to feel like he had to ruin all that. Besides, Helaku had done nothing wrong, so why should he be punished?
Avatar photo by <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildphotons/230546479">Wildphotons</a>.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
O O C | :x Sorry 'bout that. Edited my first post to take that part out; thanks for spotting that. <3

<blockquote>The stranger was quick to stand up and put up a defensive display. Angier, in turn, flinched but only just slightly; one could never be a bit too cautious when it came to meetings like this one. A low growl rumbled in his chest and he waved his tail a few times over his back. He waited for the rogue to speak, to bark back or even question his words. He merely frowned.

<b>"There's a... crazy rogue 'bout these parts,"</b> he explained rather simply, still keeping up his guard as he eyed. <b>"He occupies a territ'ry north of 'ere."</b> One side of his muzzle wrinkled in contempt before smoothing out. He had initially intended to chase him away but, on second thought, decided against it. Words, rather than action, would be enough entertainment for now. <b>"I 'ear that 'e victimizes small wolves."</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Helaku Featherwind
<i>No worries! ^_^</i>

Helaku's stance did not change, although his lips did lower to cover his teeth for the time being. Something was... off about the other's description of whatever was north. <b>"I can take care of myself,"</b> Helaku replied without a moment's hesitation. He'd made it this far, hadn't he? Then again, perhaps this place was crawling with looney bins like this guy who just ran up to a stranger with all the hostility in the world. If that were the case, Helaku would have to make somewhere else his destination.

But, of course, he couldn't make his judgement based on this sole wolf alone. There were plenty of crazies in the world, but in his experience, they were spread out far enough from one another that it was easy to avoid any harm that they might try and do. Besides, if anybody was a crazy rogue who victimized small wolves, this guy had just proven himself to be that very wolf he had described.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>The Lyall's brows rose slightly; his nose twitched and his tail swayed a few times before falling limp behind one of his hind legs. Alright then, if he could look after himself, then so be it, even if there were not many threats here outside of mountain lions and grizzly bears. <b>"You..."</b> he began, the fur along his spine slowly starting to lay flat now as he tried to come up with other things to spice up their conversation. <b>"You 'aven't seen 'im, have you? He 'as a dark mask an' green eyes."</b>

Truthfully, no matter how crazy he might have sounded about now, he had to admit that getting all this information out in the open felt nice... like the words could have melted on his tongue and tickled his taste buds. <b>"He even 'as a group o' ghost white ladies to do 'is biddings,"</b> he added. <b>"So... I wouldn't hang around fer long."</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Helaku Featherwind
The more this wolf talked, the more wary of him Helaku became. Now he was spouting about somebody with a troupe of ghosts. And this was the part where Helaku became more and more confused, and at the same time, he was more and more certain that whoever this was had some kind of mental instability. The hybrid did not stand down from his defensive stance, preferring it to one in which he was left vulnerable.

<b>"I'll keep that in mind,"</b> he lied, hoping the other would finish with whatever crazy rant he had going fairly soon so that Helaku could be on his way and find somewhere more proper to rest his weary paws. Then again, this might turn into quite the waiting game, so Helaku mentally prepared himself to be here for however long it took this stranger to leave him alone.