615 Users Online
Google, Bing

So I Called This Therapist — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor
~~370 words

Yvly noticed the saddened expression that appeared on the piebald woman's face as she asked who the wolf was that she had defended from the wolverine, but she pretended not to notice, unsure if it was for her sake or for Enoki's. But almost immediately the neutral look that she herself often had returned. It was easy to hide behind a neutral expression, to not show any of the emotions that were bubbling up inside. She did it so often it was almost as if she didn't show any emotions, whether they ben on her sleeve or not. Showing an emotion to another always ensued in a resulting expression; often pity, annoyance or joy. The tawny woman would rather not have to deal with that, and so she kept her emotions to herself. It was better that way.

When Enoki began to tell her tale, Yvly listened attentively, unconsciously lowering her rump until it was seated upon the icy cold snow. Though she could not relate to growing close to the young sired by the leading pair, she could understand why Enoki had. Maybe it was just her bad experiences with being tormented by her fellow siblings that she veered away from having any sort of relationships with younger wolves, particularly those under a year old. Not to mention they could be so boisterous at times which could be unnerving, and frankly she just didn't have the patience to deal with them.

The smallest of smiles adorned the tawny females' maw at Enoki's mentioning of wanderlust. Yes, she could relate to that. It was the very thing that had lead her to leaving her birth pack and making her own way in the world, carving out a path for her to walk along. "And I," Yvly agreed, tail thumping gently on the snow beneath her. It wasn't often that she agreed with another wolf, but there were instances that it happened, such as now. "I left home days after my second year to see what was out there." It was rare for the tawny female to reveal such information, but she felt like she could somewhat trust Enoki with it. She seemed nice now that everything had been cleared up.
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

It would seem she too, Crystal, had been blanketed under the effects of wanderlust as did most wolves early on that strove for more, or to go their own way through life. Enoki was no different having decided to leave to follow the call of wanderlust in her ears and the scratching in her pads shortly after her first birthday. She wanted to see what the world had to offer even if it meant saying heart wrenching goodbyes to those she grew up with. "Wanderlust found me early in life too. I was but days into being a yearling when I left my beautiful mountain home." How truly magnificent the Calarosa mountain range was now that she could appreciate what it had to offer.

"What was your home like? If you don't mind me asking since we did only just meet." A lighthearted chuckle fell from her lips, the ease of conversation with the tawny woman making itself apparent by the sudden and potentially personal question. Enoki never meant to pry into the lives of others; some finding they wished to escape their past rather than recall it, it was pure innocent curiosity that provoked her to ask such questions. It was all fascinating hearing the backstories of others and the similarities she could pick out as they wove their tales as well as trying to picture what they were like then in comparison to the wolf they had become now. If one knew her story would they have thought her to have changed over time? Was she any different now than she was then?

Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor
One more each for a fade? =)
~~336 words

A mountain home, eh? She had crossed many mountains, yes, but she had never lived among them herself. Her home had been nestled among the short grasses and expansive plains to the far north, not a mountain nor large hill in sight. She had grown up running along the flat surfaces which she had called home for the first two years of her life, which was why she was built with a very lean and lithe body shape. It was best suited to flat plains, after all, but here there was much more hills, and even an enormous mountain to the east. There was a possibility that she would visit it someday, but for now she wanted to stick to finding a pack to stay for the winter, or longer, if she chose to. However, she didn't want to join a pack with many members which she would then have to compete with for food and shelter, a small pack would do nicely.

"I grew up on sprawling plains, the closest mountain being many miles away, at least a few days travel," she said softly, memories resurfacing after months of burying them. Not once had she ventured out with her age mates or fellow pack mates to go explore the mountain, rather choosing to stay behind by herself where she knew the area better than her own family. For another it may have been a lonely existence, but she rather enjoyed being among the small prey that bounded out of her way as she ran across her homeland, the wind catching the tips of her fur and breezing past her face at high speeds. Often she would dart around smaller herds of larger prey, but never dared to get too close and risk an injury.

"Do you miss your home?" Yvly asked quietly, dark amber eyes raising to meet Enoki's own dark amber gaze. Sometimes she did, but she knew she couldn't go back now. Now was the time to make her own way through life.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Go ahead and fade this off with them eating them parting ways if you'd like <3

The lifestyle Enoki and Crystal had growing were two very different ways. One was exposed to the rough terrain of craggy slopes, the peaceful bleating of mountain goats and the awe inspiring blossoming of wild crocus and Harebell flowers that transformed the mountainside into a sea of purple come spring. The other a different scenery all together. One that was an unmarred flatness perfect for sprinting with ease to the extent of a heart's content from what the piebald female could gather by listening attentively. Not a mountain in sight? The mountain bred wolf couldn't fathom living life without the sensation of some form of slate or granite clicking beneath dull onyx nails.

Her imagination would have ran rampant trying to imagine life on a plain had Crystal's voice not interrupted her senseless daydreaming, an ear cocking to the side briefly at the question. "I do." Smoldering amber irises meeting those of the other for a moment before drifting off into the distant fog as if she could see home now. "My youngest brother had found me here and told me about back home. There isn't much to go back to now, but I do miss the smaller things about it like the flowers that grew and the animals. They are so different than those found here." Turning her head back towards Crystal a small shrug was produced. There was no use missing somewhere she'd never see again, this was her home now.

A tantalizing odor began to permeate on the air that quickly caught Enoki's attention, her sensitive nose twitching at the unmistakable tang of blood and deer. Granted it wasn't the freshest scents of blood, but from what her nostrils informed her it was still early enough to be considered safe to eat. A rumble in her stomach reminded the magpie pelted woman that she had skimped out on breakfast today. "Hey, I smell deer if you want to grab a bite with me before I let you go. I think I've kept you long enough from your journey." Perhaps this woman wouldn't mind sharing a meal before parting ways?

Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor
Thanks for the thread Ash <3
~~369 words

A full smile slowly emerged on the tawny female's maw at the response from Enoki. It seemed they were more alike than she had first thought, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe in the future she'd come back this way and see if the piebald woman was still here so they could share their experiences. Maybe. It was a nice thought, but not one she could see coming to life any time soon. Perhaps after winter ended and she felt safe enough to leave the confines of whichever pack she had chosen to settle in. An ear twitched at the mention of a brother, but at least hers seemed concerned for her safety and wellbeing. Yvly's own siblings weren't too fond of her, though it wasn't as if they hated her, more like looked down upon her for not being as large and capable as them. But she had her own strengths, and she didn't need their blessings to do what she wanted. If they wanted to make everything up to her she wouldn't turn them away, but they would have to work to get her trust back.

Noticing Enoki lifting up her maw, nose twitching as she inhaled the air around them, Yvly followed suit, breathing in the odour of old blood and deer. A kill nearby, maybe? Her gaze glanced at the piebald woman, nodding at her words. "Yes, I'd like that very much, thanks," the tawny female said as she and her new friend made their way to the carcass. By the looks of it, it was still fresh enough to eat, and as she had only been eating the small prey that she was able to catch, she welcomed the thought of eating something much more filling. Sniffing the body as an extra precaution, she was satisfied that the meat hadn't become rancid, and took a large bite, thoroughly enjoying the metallic and meaty taste that filled her mouth.

Once she had had her fill, Yvly turned to Enoki, and with a thankful dip of her head, bade her goodbyes and turned around to pad in the direction of the lagoon she had spotted earlier, the freezing fog clinging still to her tawny pelt.