(See All?) Announcements
553 Users Online
Jadon, Google, Bing

waterbed — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Auta who has 12 posts.
Inactive
Autumn
Watching the wolves converse, fear slowly creeped around Autumn. Even though the two pack wolves may not be intentionally intimidating, the young wolf couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. The grey wolf started talking, and introduced herself as Ayla StarRiver, and explained like Autumn and the and her dark companion, why she was there. The cream girl smiled slightly. "My name is Autumn." Then, her ears pick up another sentence, about...Oh!Food! Ayla asked if anyone wanted to join her eating a moose, and momentarily Autumn perked up. "Moose?! Oh yes, I'd love to join you!" She chirped, excited and the idea of food. She had not smelled any moose, but that was probably because she had water up her nose. Reorganizing herself, she glanced sheepishly at the other wolves. The black male then told them about being aware of trespassing, but then asked the ebony girl about her den. Sadly, Autumn wished she to had a place to sleep at night. It was hard for a loner like her to find shelter, and with her milquetoast personality, she wouldn't even try to join a pack. Yet. The male addressed the pack female, and Autumn turned to the the black girl. "So, what's your name?"
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
The ebony girl looked at each of the strangers around her. The two pack wolves were to her right a safe distance downstream, the other two were slightly to her left with the crème wolf the closest and the silver female not too far from her. Moonshadow’s tail grazed the water behind her causing the girl to realize that she was backed in with nowhere to really run. This didn’t bother her too much for the encounter seemed to be going alright, but she always kept an escape route in the back of her mind just in case.

With the mention of her den a ways in the forest the dark male’s interest seemed peaked. His ears perked at the comment leaving Moonshadow to begin to wonder if she was possibly close to pack borders. She had traveled from the south and didn’t recall any borders nearby. “Well it isn’t much of a den, more like a hole I dug under some roots” the girl said with a slight nervous laugh. “But it’s about a 5 maybe 10 minute walk max from here. Far enough where you can’t hear the rushing water” she said with more conviction in her voice keeping the male’s stern gaze. She had noticed that she had come across as MILQUETOAST. She did have a tendency to be timid around those she did not know but it wasn’t a ruling personality trait.

The dark male had mentioned that running about was dangerous and he was right. Moonshadow needed to find a family and fast since winter was closing in. The youngster took a deep breath and a leap of faith. “If the offer still stands” she began with a pang of hesitation in her voice. “I do actually need some help with finding a pack…” she trailed off unsure how to finish her request but hoping that they understood what she was asking. She looked between the two pack wolves before her with hopeful eyes but was ready to hear the refusal. It would do any harm really if they said no for she’d be right back to where she was now, alone.

The two lone females besides her had introduced themselves. The silver one was Ayla StarRiver and the crème one was Autumn. Ayla had said that she was looking for food and was going to scavenge a nearby moose carcass. “Ahhh so that’s what that delectable smell was” the dark youngster thought to herself. The silver female also extended an invitation to any who would like to join her, which Autumn excitedly accepted. Moonshadow decided that she would go back later on her own so that she wouldn’t intrude. “I'm Moonshadow” responding to the crème girls question with a smile and flick of her tail. “Nice to meet you both” she said also looking at Ayla.
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Steph who has 279 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kite Tainn

Nightingale listened to all around her speak. Her focus drifted to the scent of moose, and at the mention if it her ears perked. Nightingale knew the lone wolves needed it more than she, they were lone wolves, after all, and such opportunities could save ones life. Particularly with the impending winter. All introduced themselves, and as they all shared names, she hummed her own: Nightingale! And listened on. Only one of the three admitted interest in joining a pack, and she peered to her male companion. Truth be told, he might be of more help here than she; her own standing in her pack was new, and while the leader she knew was fair and great, well, she wasn't sure what was in her bounds.

Still. I live far from here. I'm new in my own pack, so I do not know that I can promise your acceptance; the leader I know is fair and kind, and should you speak with her I think that she would permit you to run with us, so long as she finds your interaction to the standard she upholds her pack. Nightingale looked at the raven she-wolf, ears perked atop her head. Nightingale felt if the other could pull her weight and do as any wolf could do, she would be alright. The other—Moonshadow, she would soon learn—seemed like a good wolf, and Nightingale knew she could learn plenty about her on the long journey home if the other wished to join her. She glanced to the male who lived nearer. He might be able to promise more than she, and more than that he lived nearer. It would be more convenient for Moonshadow, but Nightingale would have felt rude not extending the opportunity when the other had asked.

This Autumn woman was content to listen, for the most part. She seemed sheepish and anxious, and Nightingale tilted her head. What about you guys? Girls???? Not interested in pack life? Winter approaches. It's a fatal time, for those on their own. Surely they knew that, but if not, Nightingale was unabashed in informing them, her tone the furthest thing from jocular. It was said not to be cruel, but to assist; there were two pack wolves here who might be able to help them, if they, too, were willing to ask. But maybe they did not desire it; she, in the beginning, had not after all. But it was a smart decision she made; her belly was full, her heart filling around {but not into} the strangest void she had ever known, and her soul—while still stuck in its search—content.

Played by Tori who has 25 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ayla StarRiver
Ayla's face split into a beaming smile at Nightingale's JOCULAR comment. "Well of course I am in search of a pack, a family. I hate being alone and you are right, with winter approaching I should make a greater effort at finding a family. I have not been a loner for long maybe a month or two. I would appreciate if either one of you would give me the opportunity to try to join your family." she said politely. She did not want to push herself onto the pack wolves but the conversation had taken a turn in a direction that was dear to Ayla's heart. 'A family? Oh I wish I could have a place to call home...a place I wouldn't have to watch my back all the time! Could I really be part of a pack again? Would they like me, or even accept me? I think I would like to run with the female. She speaks highly of her leader and truth be told the leader sounds so much like my mother. Yes, I think I would like to follow the female if permitted.' she wondered as her tail began to wag at a steady pace.

The smell of the moose was becoming unbearable. A whimper escaped Ayla's ebony lips involuntarily. She hadn't noticed how hungry she was until that moment. Her stomach growled angrily at her unwillingness to turn and feed it. But she kept steadfast and her silvery green flecked eyes stayed watching and waiting for a response. She knew she could fend for herself and she was a rather fast female and had no problem catching small prey if need be. But in her now pounding heart she hoped she could join a pack. Her snowy fur danced slowly as a light breeze reached her but did not penetrate her now thickening pelt. Ayla knew that she would try her best to benefit a pack, she could hunt, she knew basic healing but nothing more and she had stamina. She could be a healer with further training, a scout or even a hunter if given the chance. Being the sole pup of Alpha's had given her an edge that she was not beginning to understand. Ayla was deep in thought when suddenly she snapped back into reality. She looked at her ink dipped paws slightly embarrassed of her wandering mind. She looked up with a sheepish smile as if to apologize for being rude and not paying attention. She wanted to make a good impression pack wolves of not. Even if one of the loners decided to keep her company she would not object. They seemed level headed enough and though alittle skittish, they were kind. Such kindness went a long ways for Ayla and she was beginning to trust these strangers, though she didn't not know them. She felt comfortable with the wolves around her.
(This post was last modified: Dec 17, 2015, 06:37 PM by Ayla StarRiver. Edit Reason: Laptop Glitching )
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
  sorry this sucks

Kajika had worried about the youngest den location and its proximity to the lands that belonged to Fallen Tree Cove.  Though he could understand the mistake if she had in fact made her home too close to the territory that belonged to his pack.  However she had not and indeed it wasn’t too far from where they stood then and a few hours away from Fallen Tree Cove, “Good,” was all that he said in regards to that, he would hate having to make her move it.  She also seemed to grasp the fact that he was trying to help them and had asked for help with finding a pack.  The dark pelted girl was the one that he worried most about she was barely a yearling but he would be willing to take her under his wing.   The girl Ayla had also expressed interest in joining a pack as well.

Kajika allowed his companion who he now knew her full name to speak on the matter of packs first.  He found out that she was new to her pack and wasn’t sure if she could promise them a place in her pack.  When Nightingale had finished speaking he spoke, “My pack isn’t far from here and my alpha's are kind and fair. If you are willing to pull your weight I think they would be willing to allow you join.  At the very least Moonshadow I can speak to them specifically and then come to find you if you would like me to do that? I’m Kajika by the way,” he added so that they would know his name if they came looking. 

“As for  the rest of you should you change your minds you can come to the borders of my packs lands and call for me I will come,” he added just so they would know what to do since he did understand the decision that they needed to make.
(This post was last modified: Dec 17, 2015, 07:32 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Auta who has 12 posts.
Inactive
Autumn
The other two females seemed intent on joining packs,but Autumn wasn't as sure she wanted to. "Well, I-I think that it isn't worth the risk.. if I entered their territory..they would probably rip me to shreds..." But wait. Would that really happen? Were all packs as gruesome...how did she know she would be slaughtered? How did she know they they would never accept her? She didn't. Maybe joining a pack wasn't as bad as the had thought. In a pack she could have loyal friends, and...a family. Wolves who wouldn't cast you aside. Abandon you. Slowly, the cream girl changed her sentnce. "But still, I would like to join a pack too." Felling more confident now, she looked at the pack wolves. "So, what packs are you from? If I even join a pack, I want to know of some options." She glanced back over at Ayla, who she could tell was desperately waiting to eat the moose. She could understand how she was anxious to eat, for even now the inciting smell was reacting Autumn's nose too. This wasn't helping the gnawing hunger in her stomach. Leaning over towards the hungry grey wolf, she whispered "Once we figure all this out, we can eat."
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
The tawny female stated that she was new to her pack and was unsure if she’d be able to offer any place. This was completely understandable for the ebony girl. With a slight loss in hope she expected the same from the other pack member, but she was gladly proven wrong. Her ears perked up more than they already were at the possibility of being able to join a pack. The dark male, who introduced himself as Kajika, would still need to discuss it with his alphas but the idea excited the youngster. It had been a long 9 months since she was around a pack. “I would like that very much” she replied to his question, which sounded far from JOCULAR much to her relief; while trying to hide a beaming smile but unable to stop her tail from wagging. Nothing was official, no more than a mere idea, but the girl couldn’t help herself. “It’s nice to meet you both by the way” also speaking to the tawny wolf who said her name was Nightingale.

In the corner of her eye the youngster could see Ayla fidgeting with hunger, zoning in and out of the conversation. Her own tummy rumbled, to remind her that it was empty, as if she would forget. Autumn whispered to the silver female that they would go eat right after they were all don’t talking. That wasn’t a bad plan Moonshadow thought. She would eventually do the same but would try to catch some fish first so that they could eat in peace.
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Steph who has 279 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kite Tainn

Autumn's comment brought a quirk to her brow. Ah, what? The songbird took a {mental} step back and licked her chops, elaborating in case the other hadn't understood. I wouldn't take you into the territory; we'd wait at the borders, for sure. If you ever entered a territory alone, yeah, probably that would happen... I mean, it's trespassing. The other had to understand that that evil alone was a necessary one; and it was not evil, truly, as the wolves were protecting their land, their caches, and if any were had, their young. There was no greater cause for violence than that. It went against everything in her to wish to trespass; those mistakes more often than not were fatal. But if you're on the borders for a fair reason, like, say, joining or sent on a scouting quest or something... that's not trespassing. It all truly depended on situation, too. Enemy packs might not be so keen to not attack said enemy on their border.

At the others admittance, 'Gale nodded. I'm from a River pack, and that was the extent of what she would say. The Caldera had instilled in her the idea of less is more when it came to giving out pack intelligence. More often than not, they pressed, others could use it against you. While the songbird believed the best in everyone she could appreciate that mindset; better to not even chance putting her pack at risk. She looked to Kajika and smiled fondly, her tail waving. Whatever you guys decide is cool with me. But I think everyone should eat first, lest the bears catch the same wind, nevermind other carnivores. With that the songbird turned toward the moose; for good reason she did not pause. Already the bears seemed to catch whiff of this interesting thing, and eagles had descended upon it to pick at it.

Played by Tori who has 25 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ayla StarRiver
Ayla nodded to the pack wolves in understanding. She knew the dangers of trespassing, she had seen her birth pack dispatch a trespasser on more than one occasion. Life was brutal but such things were necessary for survival of ones pack. At the mention of finally eating her whole body perked up. "Oh that would be wonderful!" she barked joyfully. The promised meal had a eudemonic effect on Ayla and her steps became springy and her tail waved rapidly above her. She followed the tawny pack wolf and looked back momentarily at the crème girl and smiled warmly at her and beckoned her to come along with a nod of her head. She looked at the dark wolves and smiled as well. Sometimes she thought she was TO friendly but she couldn't help it. She was raised to be respectful and give everyone a chance at befriending her. The silver female was confident in herself and caused her to be optimistic in this crazy ride called life.

Trotting behind Nightingale she noticed coyotes had began to pick at the old bull. A growl bubbled up and through her lips as the watched the mangy dogs. She quickened her pace and erupted into a full run, ramming one of them in the side causing it to yelp surprised by the sudden pain. The others stopped what they were doing to see what was wrong with their companion and stepped back when they saw the female. Some scattered while others stayed to try to defend to meal they had found. Ayla stood stiffly as her pelt bristled and her growl deepened. It really was a transformation from the happy go lucky wolf she was moments ago, but hunger and past experiences had made her hate coyotes. They had tried to kill her when she was a pup, stealing her away from the den only to be killed just as they almost got away with the mewing pup. They had taken her small meals that she caught as a loner many times as well. So a hate had developed in her heart for the ugly creatures. She snapped viciously at the one nearest to her but her teeth clicked loudly as she barely missed the yote. "Nasty ugly disgusting mutts!" she growled out loud with venom plain on her tongue.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Kajika wasn’t really sure what to think of Autumns image of what pack wolves were like and he worried that that might make it difficult for her to gain entrance into a pack however Nightingale took care of it by explaining the circumstances by which a stranger could be attacked. “Like I said before as long as you stay aware of the borders and respect them by not crossing over them you should be fine,” he reiterated so that it was made clear how they could keep themselves safe. He’d had a pretty good lesson when he’d first arrived and thankfully had made it away unscathed. It seemed that not only did Midnight want to join a pack but Autumn as well so he made a decision there and then. “The two of you should wait near Moonshadow’s den and I will come for once I have spoken with my alpha’s." He hoped that conversation went well but he knew they needed more wolves in the pack and though these two seemed to need some training there were plenty that could help them.

The question about his pack was one that he didn’t answer too lightly since he didn’t want to share too much information about his pack with anyone. He could however share its name at the very least, “I’m from a pack called Fallen Tree Cove,” he told, “And I think that is smart, weighing your options,” he added looking directly at Autumn. He was starting to wonder that perhaps this girl might not be as bad off as he thought, “It is after all what I did when I was in the same position as you.” He gave Moonshadow a nod in response to her stating it was nice to meet them.

Nightingale brought the moose up once more stating that she thought that they should all eat before one of the other predators took advantage of the carcass before they could. He returned her smile, “We should get going then,” she said to her before starting off in the direction the scent had come from keeping an eye on what the bears were doing and his other on the rest of the wolves with him. He wanted to make sure that they all had a chance to get something to eat before he left them.

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2015, 08:52 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.