579 Users Online
Google, Bing

Would You Ever Rescue Me — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“A scout. Excellent!”

Clearly, they were in need of many roles filled – it only seemed they gathered medics among these woods. Ah, but diversity! Not for the first time, Veho found himself quite pleased that he and the female lead had opened themselves up to recruiting and accepting other wolves for Grizzly Hollow. Clearly, the variety was already beginning to pay off – more wolves meant more interests, and more interests meant more pack needs could be met without having to force anyone into a situation they were unhappy with.

The smile on the alpha’s face was a warm one as he bobbed his head, ears swiveling all over the place as his thoughts raced. While there was no one for Crystal to apprentice under, there were other ways for the young wolf to train, and prove she was worthy of claiming a role.

“If this is your wish, I have a few things you must do before I can award you the title in full. First, you have already started on – learn the borders of Grizzly Hollow, and strengthen them where needed. A scout knows the terrain like the back of her paw. Second, a scout must be very fit; you never know when you will need to rely a message to allies, or family. Finally, it is important to learn tact. You will gather information, without giving up too many of our own secrets. If ever you find yourself in doubt, you always come find me, yes?” A pause, and his brows furrowed for a moment. “And if you ever find yourself in harm’s way, seek me out then, as well. Kin and kith may always call upon me.”

He hummed, reaching out to nudge at the female. “Does this seem agreeable?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

OOC here!

Relief flooded throughout her body at Veho's affirmation of her choice. A lot of stress was relieved now that she knew at least one of the leaders was happy with the role she sought after. Having him be so... excited about it lifted up her spirits, and she returned his warm smile with one of her own, already eager to start working on fully earning the title of scout. Oh, the places she could go. The mountain had always tugged at her body as she grew up on very flat plains with not even a hill in sight. The idea of living on a large rock was preposterous, but intriguing at the same time. She'd be constantly afraid of falling off, though. Oh well, certain risks came with certain jobs.

Her tawny ears rotated forward as she listened attentively to the grey and brown leader's spiel, taking in everything and running the words through her mind. She nodded when appropriate, making sure to remember his terms and conditions to almost the last word, wanting to show him that she was a good fit for the role and wouldn't disappoint him. So far she knew the general area of the pack land, where the main things were and where the border should end, but it was definitely something to be worked on. As for being fit, well, growing up her days were spent running after prey or just for the fun of it, so she was pretty good there. Finally, tact. She had some tact; knew when to probe for information, where to draw the line and, most important, was very good at keeping secrets. At least, only if it was in her favour, but she would make sure not to reveal anything about the inner workings of Grizzly Hollow to an outsider. Yvly nodded again at Veho's query. Yes, more than reasonable enough for her. "I'll try my hardest to do what's best for this pack," she said confidently, eyes lighting up with a certain eagerness to begin.

338 words

Yvly Doramor

imagine we are higher than the arrows,
casually we're breathing with the pharaohs,
tragically we fall just like the arrows.
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
We could wrap it up here unless there was something else you wanted in this particular thread? I will start our next thread venturing up to SW. :3

As his own happiness grew, so did Yvly’s, and the alpha couldn’t help the wag of his tail. He stamped his paws across the ground, something bright in his silver eyes as he bobbed his head, most pleased they were of the same mind on the matter. It seemed their new recruit was not only resourceful and eager to prove herself a useful member of their pack, but the young female was also clever, and able to process all this without explicit explanation. His smile grew wider as he hummed happily, bobbing his head once more.

It seemed they had little else to discuss.

“I am glad you find this doable,” he murmured happily, ears flicking forward as the smile reached his pale eyes. “For I am most glad to see you taking the initiative. And while I regret drawing apart just now, I do have many things to attend to, unless you need anything else? Or there are any other questions?” Veho asked – no matter how busy he found himself, the medic gone leader would always have time for his packmates, no matter how novice or experience. But if Crystal was set, he would continue to his duties; an alpha’s work was never done.

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

OOC here!

Yvly shook her head at Veho's request. At the moment there was nothing else she wished to discuss, though maybe in the future she might have a few questions about what she would be doing. In her mind it consisted of mainly venturing out to other packs and attempting to ally with them, or at least stay on neutral terms with them. Maybe he would send her to Willow Ridge at some point? She'd very much like to see Wraith again, but of course, if she was on duty that would come before catching up with the large male. Though when she had finished her task...

She also understood that an alpha's time was very valuable, and so she did not want to drag this out any longer than it needed to be. He surely had something important that he needed doing. "That's all for now," Yvly said softly with a smile. "I'll let you get on with your alpha duties now while I finish my border patrol." And with a respectful dip of her head, the tawny female backed away from Veho before, with one last glance, turned around and continued walking along the heavy scent trail as she had been doing previously. It was a nice way to relax without having to worry about much, and as she walked she hummed softly, a gentle tune that she couldn't remember where she had heard it from.

237 words

Yvly Doramor

imagine we are higher than the arrows,
casually we're breathing with the pharaohs,
tragically we fall just like the arrows.

[Thread fade unless @Veho wants to post again]