541 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

in with the new — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 31 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

Teach me how to fight; I'll show you how to win

Two strangers had filtered in after Katariina had made her presence known and greeted the young Lyall child she found quite interesting as well as the two who appeared to be heading up the call for the pack. The familiar young pup she’d met a while back also made an appearance, albeit a little late which Katariina did not pay too much mind to as she focused her attention on the words of the leaders. Rook and Quil were taking time to grieve. Both were well spoken, placing their words and getting to the point with little filler which caused a soft smile on her maw. Yes, she could see these two leading the pack in the absence of the king and queen.

Wacipi said something that did catch her attention, however. Questions or concerns. It was something that she would surely seek one of them out about after the meeting, to discuss her assignment she had undertaken under Rook’s leadership and if she should continue to follow in the plan, which she intended to get rolling soon, hopefully with the help of Veho and his herbal knowledge. Merlin had requested that she bring herbs, and herbs specifically, to the borders of Willow Ridge… but she supposed that was only if the current King agreed. And if you see Skoll, get out of there… it’s not worth it just turn and run. She reminded herself casually of the king’s words, still quite confused at what danger one wolf could cause to a diplomat trying to achieve peace.

For now, she kept her peace with a smile for she had no questions she could address in the presence of the entire pack, since she was not quite sure what to make of the situation presented to her.

[Image: the_hashtag_collection__katariina_by_nig...976uss.png][Image: LMrosette01.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
Next round to end on 1/15. Please inform the leaders which role you'd like -- you can chose more than one, or remain unsure! After this, we will close out the meeting. (:
@Tomen @Nineva @Jynx @Katariina @Titan @Hocus

“Anything you can offer would help a great deal!” Veho informed Tomen with a bright smile, quite pleased to see the youth of the pack stepping up into a role. That the lad was uncertain was no trouble – who wasn’t a bit nervous, when moving from the role of childhood to a participating member of a pack? Ears flipped forward, he glanced around the others, trying to keep his tail from wriggling. Leaders didn’t get that excited, he tried to convince himself, at least not in such a public venue.

Once the others had a chance to say their piece, the man cleared his throat to speak back up. “I am glad, then, we are all of the same mind.” He was aware other questions may come up later, in private, but nothing was so pressing as to bring up in a public forum. Tipping his head to one side, he hummed. “Then we will continue as we were. I am aware Titan has been honing his skills as a medic, but if any other wolf wishes to specialize, I would encourage them to reach out to myself or Wacipi. Likewise, Tomen and Nineva are old enough to take on tasks themselves, as well. If any of you have ideas of roles you’d like to fill, please speak up now, yes?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

The heat of her self-appropriated shame began to fade as the conversation moved on, leaving the trigger behind in the dust. It wasn't until @Tomen raised his voice beside her, however, that she was fully urged to sit tall once more and act with more maturity. After all, that was what she wanted, wasn't it? To be an adult, knowledgeable and strong and dependable. Her friend led the example by offering himself up, yet the hearing the Woodlands mentioned so much caused her skin to crawl. By now, she had reached an understanding with @Nina, but she couldn't know how much Ash and the rest of her family knew of her location. Were they angry with her? Okay to leave her be and figure things out on her own? Or would they still try to snatch her up if they saw her?

Confused and out of the seat of control, Nineva could only fake her own confidence as Tomen did. She found it admirable that he had stepped up so easily, and felt drawn to do the same regardless of the risks to her own comfort. Afterall, was that really what she planned to do for the rest of her life? Avoid the problems? That was what she had done by running away in the first place, and while she and Kenelm had formed a plan back then when they had first met, she felt that it had disintegrated by now.

I um, she spoke up at last, the lack of words until now forcing her to take a moment to find her voice. I don't know what I want to specialize in yet, but there's nothing I dislike doing, either. Whatever needs to be done, I want to help. I learn quick, so... please keep me in mind, if anyone has time.

Unbeknownst to those around her, her heart was racing as anxiety continued to creep further and further down her spine. This was her interim, being a good pack member, attempting to be accepted by the adults as someone equally capable. Yet she needed to speak with Kenelm about the next step, and possibly about facing the grave mistake she had made in running away in the first place. Her gaze slipped momentarily to Tomen, watching his gold eyes from her peripheral vision. Part of her wished to tell him what she was thinking as well. Wanted to tell him everything. But how could she be that brave? And how could she tell someone something that she herself wasn't sure of?

Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark

Oula mulled around in her thoughts as Veho mentioned the possibility of specialization, filling any needed roles within the pack. She'd never planned to stay here long, and at first she had been hesitant in letting her roots grow too deeply here. She had been wary about committing herself to any promises she couldn't keep. Yet as time went on she was coming to realize that her stint here was turning into a more permanent affair. There was no point in putting her life on hold on the off chance she'd ever be able to exact her revenge.

The time it took the silvery cub to speak gave Oula just enough time to gather her thoughts and come to her decision. "Veho, sir," Oula said clearly, her spine straightening slightly and pale chin lifting. "If I may, I would like to begin training to become a guardian of the pack." It had been her dream before she left home, and she might as well pick up where she'd left off. Her sage eyes flicked between the two leaders, gaze sliding momentarily towards the hesitant girl who'd spoken just before her. "Nor would I be opposed to any greenhorns coming to practice with me. It's never too early to start."

[Image: oula_by_becuffin-dbafpqr.png]
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
@Jynx @Oula @Nineva @Tomen -- this thread is now concluded. Feel free to post an exit. The thread will be archived in one week, on 2/10.

While only a few wolves among them spoke up, Veho was pleased that any of his pack members seemed willing to dedicate their time and effort to specializing their talents towards a useful role. More so that one of their yearlings seemed willing to begin to learn, and he offered Nineva a pleased nod, his tail wagging gently behind him. That she was uncertain still didn’t bother him in the slightest – what better time was there to learn than in one’s youth?

“If you would like to spend some time learning about medicinal plants, you are more than welcome to spend some time with me at my cache. As for the other roles, we can discuss which wolves you might work with, so that you may sample all your options.”

Offering another warm smile, the alpha turned his gaze to Oula – despite himself, he held a special place in his heart for the fiery young woman. Perhaps it was her tenacity, or maybe just her ability – but this was not something to dwell on, especially not at this moment. All the same, he thought her choice an excellent one, especially given what he knew of his subordinate. “Excellent,” he murmured softly. “We can speak individually about it, Oula – but know that we would love to have you as one of Grizzly Hollow’s guardians.”

When no one else spoke up, Veho cleared his throat, and lifted his head. “With this, I believe our meeting is adjourned. Go in peace, friends.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Reach for the stars

While the meeting continued, she felt pride begin to swell in her chest, especially with the confident voice of @Tomen pitching in. The dark heir was offered a small, grateful smile, before she allowed Veho to continue on with his speech. Both of the pups were old enough to start training for a task, and she would help them in any way she could. Perhaps one would wish to become a hunter, and with her own experience in tracking and taking down prey, she could lend a hand. 

@Nineva  and @Oula seemed to share some enthusiasm in working their way towards a task. With Willow Ridge always as a potential threat, the Hollow wolves could use a well trained guardian, eventually. "I appreciate your eagerness...both of you." She nodded towards the two females. "And I would be happy to help you out, in any way I can." She added, expressing her willingness to assist. When no one else spoke up, she glanced to Veho one more time with a tilt of her head. Seeming satisfied with the progress of the meeting, the others were free to go. She hadn't realized it, but she had been holding in a breath. One which she released in a sigh of relief, now that this was over. Was she really cut out for such a job as this? Time would tell. Rising to her paws, she bid them a courteous farewell. "Take care. Find me if you need anything." She said, before disappearing into the trees. What she needed now was time to think.