569 Users Online
Bing

One Last Time — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
@Nina

Usually the woman couldn't be found in one spot within the thickets. She loved to traverse the dense growth, finding herself walking along the borders and even going outward to hunt for the pack. A scout at heart, the habit to explore was hard to squelch. But though the woman knew that her heart was in the mission of exploring and mapping new discoveries within her mind, she couldn't bring herself to truly be a scout again. Yes, she had enjoyed her time of being one, but it was time to begin a new chapter within her life. It was time to think of doing something new.

She had been a scout for so long now, that it was hard to think of doing anything else. Forcing herself to think deeply over this, she came to a  realization. Her first love had always been of scouting. As a child, it had been her dream to become a scout when she came of age. But as she grew older, she had come to realize another love - her love for children and seeing them grow. It was auch a wondrous process, to see these tiny beings become adults with their own thoughts and talents. Maybe she could become a teacher...

The scarred woman was brought out of her thoughts when she noticed a familiar figure. Her tail wagging and her blue gaze warm, she called out to her friend. "Nina!"

"speech"”Speech”
HermitCrabStock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The golden brown graying woman had been cautious of Inali for the very first months, determining if she was truly going to stick with Secret Woodlands or once again go behind a pack’s back. The creamy woman had since proved that she was capable of remaining loyal to her pack. Of course, Nina was still weary of sending Inali on any scouting missions, especially on their side of the mountain. Secret Woodlands had many allies and during its reign, so had Whisper Caverns. Inali could easily have a target on her back and the Hervok alpha did not want any more casualties, especially after losing Daniel.

She was quick to answer Inali’s call when she summoned her, finding the positivity in the woman quite refreshing. Over the few months that Inali had been with them, it had been quite noticeable how close the woman was getting with the children. At first, Nina had been suspicious but then, over time, she became more away that the woman was just a nice lady overall. Perhaps, instead of scouting, Nina would be able to offer her a different position, one she knew she wouldn’t have to worry about intel running into another pack.

She greeted her friend with a smile, her single green eye immediately taking in the physical condition of the woman. She was trusted now and since Nina was getting older, she knew she couldn’t make a journey over the mountains herself. Plus, Oak Tree Bend was days away and she would not have the energy for such a journey. Inali, however, was younger and would be able to do exactly what Nina asked. Of course, she wouldn’t jump right to the point, which was rude. Instead, her inquiry was concerning, "I hope all is well, Inali. Are you enjoying your time here?" Her tail swayed casually above her back. Now a days, Nina didn’t even realize she did it. The motion was automatic, as if she were born to be in the role. Her posture, however, was relaxed and her smile inviting as she waited to hear what the young woman would have to say.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Sorry I took so long <3

Her tail wagged lightly and her head dipped to show respect for her queen and friend. After all, Inali had always thought highly of the Woodlands matriarch, and now seeing daily as Nina went through her duties, her respect was well-grounded. Smiling, the woman opened her maw to speak. "Everything is splendid!" For how could she not be happy? She seemed to be on good terms with Nina, Bane brought her his ever-present comfort, and she was surrounded by growing children. Still, there were some things that always pricked at her heart. Though, her brief stints of sadness were just that - brief. Her fractured heart was slowly mending by the loss of Naia in her life, and though it would never be the same, Inali knew she had to somehow move on with her life.

Bringing her thoughts back onto the present situation, the woman's blue gaze watched Nina. She wanted to ask the matriarch what she thought of Inali's new revelation concerning the children, but her mother had raised her to be polite. And she truly was worried over her friend. The woman wasn't getting any younger, and the thought brought sorrow to the gentle subordinate.

Inali sat, wanting to make Nina comfortable and opened her maw to speak of her concerns. "I hope everything is well for you too?" Her concern over the woman was obvious with the soft furrow of her brows and nervous flick of her tail. How was Nina truly fairing?

"speech"”Speech”
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Inali had been more than polite since she had joined the pack. Despite her past problems with loyalties, she had proven herself more than capable of keeping her head straight within the Woodlands. She hoped that this was true because the task that she needed the woman to complete relied on that. It pleased her greatly to find out that Inali was happy within the Woodlands. Even if Yuka had left for his mission, Bane remained and it made her happy. The children were what made her happy and the notion had not been lost on Nina. But one last time, she needed Inali to go on a trip for her.

Her ears flicked forward at the Wayha woman’s inquiry and Nina have her a slight smile. She spoke softly, "I am alright. My joints a bit stiff…old age and all." She spoke casually, trying to make it seem as if it didn’t bother her as much as it did. She knew it was only a matter of time before the end of her reign. Nina continued, "That’s actually why I need you to do something for me… My allies…and a friend of mine, Triell Tainn live on the other side of the mountain in Oak Tree Bend. It is a hard journey for me and I’d like for someone to make a journey over there. Would you be up for it?" She pinned her single-eyed gaze on the woman, waiting patiently for her answer.

sarah note all hail lightning who is the first person to reach 1000 posts. this is the magic.
(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2016, 04:55 AM by Sahalie.)
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

Inali nodded, taking Nina's words as truth. The crease in her brow cleared, but there was still concern in her orbs. Nina was downplaying her discomfort, for she had seen the woman walking about and her gait was not as smooth as it once had been. But she was speaking truth - old age escaped no one. Her blue eyes cleared of their worry and were replaced with their usual warmth. Nina did not need Inali smothering her, for the matriarch knew her limitations. She would not press more on the manner. For now.

It took no time for Nina to jump right into things, and Inali couldn't hold in her jolt of shock. Unlike many of the Woodland wolves (it seemed) her nature was not a closed one. Her emotions were always on clear display, and Inali was in shock. Was Nina really trusting her with this? After all Inali had done? Blinking slowly, the woman mentally shook herself and recovered, her tail wagging happily. "Of course!" The scarred woman's joy was beyond words and it took a moment to realize what Nina was truly asking of her. Physically, this was a feat that would be of no issue. Emotionally...

Her shoulders seemed to droop, and Inali's tail slowly came to a halt. How could she explain? "But.." she spoke hesitantly. Rarely, the ex scout was speechless. This was one of those times. How did she explain to her queen, the woman who had given her a second chance, that this was not at all what she wanted to do with her future?

"speech"”Speech”

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina always loved when others were compliant with her wishes and offered no complaint. The woman, however, sensed a slight hesitancy and remained where she was, her single emerald eye fixated on the woman. After all, that wasn’t the only thing that Nina had come to speak of Inali about. There were other things on her mind and she had the intent of speaking with the creamy woman about them. Nina had been correct in assuming that there was a but in the situation. The lead woman remained silent, waiting for the other woman t elaborate.

Generally, Inali was always a woman of many words. Nina had always shown patience with the woman’s monologues and now that the other woman was speechless, the golden brown alpha could only offer her own prompting. "What is it, Inali?" The woman made her voice soft and open, making sure that her facial expression showed the same openness.  If something was bothering the other woman, Nina did want to alleviate her worries. After all, that was her job. Hopefully, it had nothing to do with the trip that Nina was sending her on. The trip to Oak Tree Bend would need to happen as soon as possible.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

Nina's openness was genuine, and Inali ached to spill out all her feelings to the wise matriarch, but Inali needed to think smart. Though Nina was trusting her with this mission, it didn't mean that Nina was at the point that she fully trusted her. Breathing out a shaky breath, the woman opened her maw. "Scouting has always been my passion. But, the position has also forced me into making extremely painful decisions." Not directly, no, but in a way. As a scout, she was the pack's messenger and, at least in her case, the position had aided her in becoming close with her leaders. Inali had always known she was an emotional woman, but as a scout, you couldn't become too emotionally involved. Not really. At any moment, something could go wrong - alliances could be destroyed, friendships would have to be forgotten, and promises would have to be broken. It was too much, too painful. "I don't ever wish to be in a position again where all my choices leave both parties pained." Shutting her eyes tightly, Inali took a moment to regain her composure before speaking again. "I will do this mission, Nina, but I beg that you no longer see me as a scout. I wish to be anything but."

She lowered her head slowly, knowing she was in no position to ask this of her queen. But she needed to say it. Inali only hoped the woman understood.

"speech"”Speech”

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina did not have a problem with allowing the other woman to take her time. She understood how life-changing decisions could be difficult, as she had made many in her lifetime. When Inali did speak, however, Nina's ears arched forward, curious as to what the creamy lady would say. Her words made sense. The Hervok alpha was no stranger to the Wayha woman's past and the decisions she had made because she had lead too much with her heart. It was not a decent quality to have in a scout and it was not often that the golden brown woman encountered one with one. It was impressive that Inali had lasted so long without losing the love within her and growing cold. Nina would at least give her that.

One of the reasons the wolves of the Woodlands were never unhappy was because Nina never held them to something if it was not necessary and most of the time, they understood that. Her laws were not unreasonable and if they were followed, then everyone within the pack could live in harmony. Her single emerald eye sparkled at the younger woman, "If that is what you wish, then it is done. Do you have another role in mind though?" The older woman tilted her head in curiosity, wondering if Nina could knock more than one of her tasks out in the matter of a day. After all, while she was still the reigning alpha, she still had many things that she had to take care of.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

Her tense shoulders sagged with relief at Nina's words, her heart singing with the warmth and understanding she saw in her queen's emerald gaze. She was so happy Nina wasn't angry with her. As the matriarch continued, Inali's tail began to wag lightly and a soft smile spread across her maw. Oh yes, she had a role in mind! Scouting had been her first passion ever since she was a child, but a close second was her passion for children and the chance to pave their way through life. Being surrounded by the little bundles of joy had always warmed a special place in her heart, and now she had the opportunity to do something that could possibly involve the future of the Woodlands.

Lifting her gaze to Nina's, the woman spoke eagerly in her gentle voice. "I would love to try and become a teacher!" She had high hopes there would be pups this coming spring, but either way, she still aimed to become a teacher whenever pups did arrive to the Woodlands. Hoping that Nina would realize the truth in Inali's words, the woman waited with bated breath to recieve Nina's blessing in what she wanted to do with her future.

”Speech”