(See All?) Announcements
445 Users Online
Bing

Time Before the Storm — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

It was unusual for the king to not be at the borders and it was downright rare for the him to be outside the territory. He could truly only recall a few times he left the territory on non pack buisness. One of them was when he went left, due to a feeling, and found Aideen after her months long dissapearance. Now, due to a feeling, his paws had led him away from his thicket sanctuary. What was he doing here? The only reason the man had was because he felt something, and that something was bad. Something was wrong. Though he couldn't quite put a paw on what.

What the king did not know was deadly boars were raiding all around Relic Lore and steadily closing in, and it was really only a matter of time before they appeared in Northern Eden.

Yet, the Woodlands alpha was unaware of this and could only be as watchful of his surroundings as he always was. Feeling unsually paranoid, the man slowly walked through the orchard now quickly becoming covered in snow. His deep blue gaze roamed the land, and his muscled form could not relax. Something was wrong, the guardian could feel it. But what?

"speech"
Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Kydnt who has 4 posts.
Inactive
Coyotl
@Miccah

Coyotl had left behind the dusty east, the misted forests, and the treacherous mountains to find herself within a grove of trees somewhere on the other side. To her dismay, nothing in this land was being handed out on a silver platter. Even the ravens didn't want to share with her, though she supposed trying to eat one of the black birds as they picked at a carcass hadn't helped. The thought of having to actually work for something filled her with dread and dismay, how boring. And a waste of her time, really.

She sniffed around the trees, cursing their lack of fruit this time of year and hoping at least a mouse might be found between the snowed in roots. But as soon as she caught the scent of another wolf on the wind it was as if a switch had flipped.

"Ohhh... Help... Please... somebody... Anybody.... Heeeeellllp....." Coyotl moaned and groaned, occasionally punctuated by a pitiful whine. Her steps were aimless, perhaps a bit over the top as she staggered and swayed, wracked by some invisible ailment as her head bobbled side to side. There was nothing wrong with her, of course. Unless one counted the empty belly and scabby, patchy coat as anything particularly wrong. Just as she rounded a small hill she saw her target, a black brute who looked like he knew how to feed himself. Coyotl unleashed another pained groan turned sob.

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
@Coyotl

Pained cries snapped him out of his thoughts, and the Woodlands king looked up to see a slight, older looking she wolf. Her steps were wobbly, and his first instinct was to go and aid her. But, he stayed rooted right where he was. Miccah remembered that right as he entered the Lore so long ago, there had been a disease that had quickly spread, but he believed it had been eradicated. The pack that had brought the fatal disease had been slaughtered. Could this woman be carrying a strain of it? It was a far-fetched ideal, but Miccah would not risk the pack's well being if he somehow became infected. So with wary steps, he drew a little closer to her. Still a few wolf lengths away, he spoke to grab her attention. "Ma'am?" he called out in his rumbling baritone.

Maybe if she told him what she felt, Miccah would feel less weary. His blue gaze running over her form, he made a quick assessment. She had clearly been a loner for quite a bit, for she was verging on her body seeming unhealthy. A thin, small woman, her coat unkempt, he wondered what could ail her so badly.

"speech"
Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Kydnt who has 4 posts.
Inactive
Coyotl

As soon as she noticed he was paying attention, she stumbled and fell to the ground, cushioned by the snow. She lay there, trying not to watch as the male cautiously came closer, closer, like a fish towards bait. She couldn't be too hasty, she couldn't pull up the line too fast. With a deep voice he acknowledged her.

"Ohhh..." She groaned, rolling from her side onto her belly, her chin settled onto the ground between her outstretched forelimbs. Her sharp yellow eyes, large in her gaunt face, slid up towards him, taking in the thick, dark winter pelt. He was keeping his distance, but she could smell him and the mix of others in his fur. He was not alone. He would work.

"Please sir, you must help me... I've got nobody, nobody out there. Toss out their old gramma, why don't they. Said if I couldn't hunt anymore, why keep me?!" Her big ears folded down alongside her head, a pained sob leaving her bony muzzle.

"Sir, I'm beggin' you... You gotta put me outta my misery, I got nothin' left to live for. You can't leave me like this... I haven't eaten in weeks." Her body shook, emphasizing how very cold her little frame was.  "If you don't finish me off, the winter will!" She cried, dramatically throwing her paws over the bridge of her muzzle and squeezing her eyes shut.