(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Google, Bing, Khalon

A Million Shards of Glass — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Did she enjoy it? A twinkle of mischief glistened faintly within the deep amber pools of her eyes before a handful of calculated steps were taken to place a small amount of distance between them, her back now exposed to him and her head angled in such a way to feign a methodical expression emphasized by the sparse rays of sunlight illuminating the dark colored hairs coating her face. Gaze cast out onto the neighboring horizon, a theatrical sigh of faux exasperation fell from leathery lips that reigned in the urge to smirk at the corner.

"I shouldn't complain knowing I have protection and a steady supply of food to fill my needs, but am I wrong for having thought of obtaining more?" Her voice held a mixture of tones, part of it entirely serving as a rouse for her dramatic charade, another genuinely curious to know his answer to a question she had time and time again asked herself during spurts of solitude to attempt coming to terms with unchangeable things in her life. Enoki let the silence linger between them for a moment after her statement before turning her frame around to face the shadowy brute, her lips now revealing the smirk they tried so hard to suppress only moments ago.

This was all too amusing as her tail lifted to wag contentedly at her flanks, another bout of easy laughter shattering whatever facade she possessed prior. Words couldn't express how grateful the piebald woman was to enjoy such a carefree encounter as this, the worries of the world long forgotten until reality would force the duo to part. Only then would her shoulders be weighted down by trivial burdens once more, but until then she would get all that she could from this.

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

He was surprised when her response to his question seemed to be running away, swift movements of her paws putting several wolves lengths between them before he had even time to blink. He was just beginning to consider whether to follow her, when she stopped, dramatically whipping her head around. The sly smile returned to his face at the skit she put on for him, ember eyes sparkling as she posed her question. He let it hang in the air, gaze lingering on her piebald figure, the contrasts of her fur adding an extra note to the drama, despise the diffuse light. The longer this encounter went on, the more interesting he found this woman, her sharp wit never struggling to follow his own. He was sure they could continue this game all day, forgetting whatever responsibilities might be waiting for them elsewhere; If only…

Her bright laughter rung out again, causing another breathy chuckle to erupt from his own maw. His ears flicked in the crisp air, tail swishing rapidly back and forth behind him. Once their voices settled again, he cleared his throat, readying for his turn in their play. What he enjoyed most about this type of banter was the quick thinking, the need to not only find the hidden meaning in seemingly harmless chatter, but also smoothly deliver his, similarly dual-weighted, responses. With a bright glint in his eye, he delivered a deep look, voice light, yet serious as he said: "We all dream of greater things. Of course, it's only the bravest who dare to seek them out." He nodded his head knowingly, then tilted it skyward, eyes searching the horizon as if he was able to see that grand future out there.

When his gaze returned to Enoki, he was smiling again, all seriousness evaporated as quickly as it had appeared. He was an actor, changing in and out of moods as if they were costumes, for every reply finding the mask that fit most perfectly. This role was his favorite of all, the chance to exchange ideas, hidden in jest, with someone who might be witty enough to know exactly what they were, but at no risk of calling him out; A stranger, for a moment acting your best friend.

Word count: 377

”Speech” Thoughts

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Sorry for short crappiness. </3

"We all dream of greater things. Of course, it's only the bravest who dare to seek them out." was the ebony coated man's final response to her question, Enoki's head offering a curious tilt while her mind contemplated such words. The Ashrelle woman was a skilled wolf at the dreaming such glorious adventures aspect, but she internally questioned whether such bravery to actually go forth and obtain them lived inside her. A soft hmm of thought passed over her lips before motion on his behalf recaptured her attention, smoldering amber gaze noticing his methodical glance toward the sky above while her dark hued ears pressed back against the scruff of her neck for the briefest expanse of time.

Following his gaze, her own settled on the gradually darkening sky that herald the coming of evening, the first twinkling pin pricks of white stars making their presence known upon the pastel pink backdrop. For a few minutes she kept enjoying the relaxing visual display before meeting Drestig's swarthy countenance with a grin of her own. "You are an interesting fellow, Drestig." She spoke in a casual tone, ivory dipped tail wagging quicker behind her now. As casual as this encounter was it would easily be one she would forever be grateful for, the weight that would rest on her shoulders for the trek home already lighter.
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Enoki so sorry for the loooong wait :/ - A last one from you an we can archive though?

His smirk grew wider as he watched her reaction, eyes glowing in the dissipating light. She seemed to grow thoughtful, and the Avalon was content to leave her to contemplate the words, instead turning his gaze skyward again. The sun had crept below the horizon, one last memory of its light lingering in the form of a golden-pink glow in the western sky. He'd never expected to make it back across the mountain this day, but he would need to search for a suitable place to bed down for the night; If I can find some shelter around here, somewhere… The open, snow covered fields weren't exactly an appealing bed.

Across from him, the magpie had turned her own nose upward, taking in the sight of drifting, grey-blue clouds, revealing hidden blinks of starlight behind them. Drestig smiled, a more genuine, kind expression than the mischievous grin he had presented before, patiently waiting for her to turn her attention back to him. When she did, there was a big smile on her face too, her comment making him chuckle. Bowing lightly in her direction, the swarthy wolf put on his best gentle-man's voice, swinging his tail high in theatricality; "We try, miss Ashrelle." Once he was back in a normal standing position, he winked at her, then added in a more natural, warm tone: "You are quite entertaining yourself." The evening chat had been a true delight, loosening some of his tensions, if only for a time. He would have gladly continued, but the light had already visibly diminished, and he was starting to feel tired, worn from his trek across the mountain.

Parting his jaws in a mild yawn, the elder man shook himself lightly, fluffing out his fur. Ember eyes drifted over the snow, resting for a moment on the silhouette of trees in the distance, before returning to Enoki; "But I'm afraid I must excuse myself now, I don't have a place to sleep for the night, and I should like to find one before it's completely dark." His tail waved high, a court nod offered in form of salute as he readied to turn. He only waited to see if the piebald woman had anything more to add before he was off, searching the nearby willow trees for suitable accommodations.

Word count: 384

”Speech” Thoughts

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

An amuse chuckle fell from inky lips as a pair of brightly lid eyes watched the equally dark coated man take a bow and comment on how they tried before returning the soft spoken compliment. A jaw splitting yawn then escaped Drestig and proved itself a reminder that the withering rays of sunlight would soon be extinguished by the top of the next hour; time to return home. Enoki's gaze remained unwavering from his dark mask as his fiery eyes scoured the snowy landscape and surrounding treeline for the briefest of moments before returning their attention to her.

Ebony ears pivoted forward when he began to speak, informing the piebald female that their encounter was at an end and a proper bed for the night was yet to be prepared for the larger brute. "I'd hate to keep you any longer than I already have although I have enjoyed this conversation and wouldn't mind meeting again sometime. Goodnight Drestig." With a nod of her own head in a farewell gesture, ebony limbs turned to begin trekking back across the path in the snow her paws had created earlier. The warmth of her personal den calling out across the distance like a siren at sea luring in weary sailors, tiredness of the day gradually creeping into her muscles. Pausing a few meters away, smoldering amber eyes caught the final fading silhouette of the man before his form disappeared altogether as they cast their gaze over an ivory clad shoulder. Content their encounter was truly at an end now, Enoki trudged the last bit of ground from home. Sleep would come easy tonight for once.