648 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Vanadis

It's cold outside — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sahara who has 2 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oriana Argyros

OOC: Apologies to whoever joins. I'm feeling a bit rusty ^__^'

The weather was unforgiving. Ori wondered if the warmer days would ever return but was it too soon to start wishing for that now? Probably. Food was hard to come by and even though she was quite use to hunting on her own for the wolves of Woodhaven it seemed it was, some how, harder now that she was a lone wolf. Even now she couldn't understand how that was. It really wasn't any different and yet it was. Nonetheless she wouldn't complain because she was free from the prison she had been locked away in for what felt like and eternity. Everything was so new to her; the view, the smell, even the taste of the water. The shewolf was in love with her new life.  

Everything around her was white with rolls of snow created by the wind that tried to push her in a certain direction. The snow structures never happened  where she grew up so this was the first time she had seen something like that before. Silver paws moved carefully through the snow as she closed the gap between her and the mound of snow. Ori didn't even know what this was called and she wondered what would happen if she were to touch it. Would it fall apart? Was it strong enough to handle her investigation? She was about to find out.

Now inches away she carefully moved her muzzle closer to it in order to touch it gently. To her disappointment it just felt like a pile of snow but it at least still looked rather interesting. Oh well. She moved on walking rather slower than her natural speed while contemplating her next plan. This place, whatever it was called, was her temporary home though she hadn't quite explored all of it yet. Then again did she really want to do that? It was rather cold out; cold enough to make her motivation go kerflooey. There was a part of her telling her she should be curled up in a ball someplace warm but the rest of her was growing bored and doing nothing like that would only make it worse. "Ahhh...what am I going to do with myself?" She sighed softly to herself. Don't get her wrong. She actually had plenty to do, she was on a mission after all, but there didn't seem to be any wolves around and to venture out too far from her den hours before the sun started to set didn't seem to be the greatest idea in her mind.

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2016, 09:29 AM by Oriana. Edit Reason: Adding OOC message. )
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
apologies for this post ;__; it's almost 3am and i wanted to get a post in before i went to bed so excuse any errors <3

Lachesis was born of the snow and embraced the frigid temperatures with open paws. Aside from the snow covering up the plants he collected for his infirmary, the ghost wouldn’t object to its presence all year round. He knew that the majority of wolves in Relic Lore would disagree with him, but they were not as well acquainted with the snow as he was.

Once again the healer found himself venturing away from he pack’s borders. Maksim’s health was quickly on the rise, which meant that he would be soon returning to his throne—and that Lachesis had resumed his position as the king’s stand-in. Unless the agouti was completely incapable of leading the River wolves, XIX would always give Mak his position back and remain as his second. It was where he belonged and what he was good at. He never had any desire to lead a pack of his own—he might be older, but it didn’t mean that he still wasn’t as awkward now as he had been when he first arrived in Relic Lore. Much too awkward to permanently lead a pack.

The lake was one of the healer’s favourite escapes—snow or no snow. There had been a few occasions over the winter that he had arrived at the lake to find the edges completely frozen and he had attempted making his away across the water. Sometimes (most times) it didn’t work out so well, and he ended up going for an unwanted swim. Luckily, due to his Arctic fur, even the freezing water didn’t bother him.

However, today he wasn’t alone. Another had taken refuge in the tranquility.

XIX preferred to keep to himself whenever he wasn’t taking part in pack duties. (Another reason why he wasn’t suited for the role of leader.) As time passed, he was slowly realizing that he was becoming the pack’s hermit, but he was okay with that. When he went out on his excursions to collect herbs he typically went alone—especially since his apprentice had taken up a different mentor—and avoided confrontations with strangers like the plague. However, it was crucial to keep Hearthwood’s numbers growing, especially with the recent severed alliance with the Crest wolves. While Kjors was laying low the ghost was still wary of the dragon and how many wolves seemed blinded by his agenda. There was something not right about the serpent and XIX was determined to get to the bottom of it. He also needed to ensure that there was more of the pack that was on his side, not Kjors’.

“Lost?” He called out, despite his reluctance, as he approached the pale stranger. The healer was never good at starting conversations—or continuing them. Just conversations in general were not his forte. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Sahara who has 2 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oriana Argyros

OOC: Look good to me! Thank you so much for joining me <3

It was so quiet and since she hadn't seen or heard anyone around Oriana didn't expect to have company. Not that it was unwanted. In fact she would welcome it despite how she can be with those unfamiliar to her. She was growing tired and the constant nagging of hunger was starting to become harder to ignore so she was about to try and take care of that, with little hope by the way, until she heard the voice of a male who had approached. Ori stayed where she was but shifted so that she was now facing him. Already she was starting to feel nervous but she pushed passed that as she tried to figure out what she should say in return. Technically she was lost. She didn't quite know what the name of the place she was calling a temporary home nor did she know where the nearest packs were. Maybe this fellow had some information about that.

"Er, kind of?" She made sure not to leave too much of a delay in her response so that it didn't get too uncomfortable. "I'm new to this area and I sort of have a den here, though I don't plan to make it permanent. Do you perhaps know what this place is called exactly?" She added. There were more questions she wished to ask but she didn't want to overwhelm him with them. It would just make things awkward, right? She always was awkward at making conversations. In fact, she believed she sucked at them. It wasn't like she got much practice where she grew up. No one wanted to talk to her unless it was to bark commands at her. But let's not set those memories free from their cage. She'd much rather forget her past as much as possible or at least keep them locked away deep inside.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Once he got a better look at the pale female XIX inhaled sharply, his chartreuse gaze narrowing as he studied her. She was a delicate mix of his closest friend Anastasia—who had a horrible habit of disappearing and reappearing—and the girl, Capella, who had stolen his heart before disappearing, without a word. Her fur was the same soft, dove white that Ana had possessed,  and her eyes—her eyes were the same sunflower yellow that had haunted him long after Capella’s absence. Lachesis had a horrible habit of losing the ones he cared about the most. It was why XIX had chose more of a nomadic lifestyle and was no longer pursuing a ‘partner’. They had all left him, one by one, tearing him apart and leaving a gaping hole where his heart used to be.

His thoughts dissipated as soon as the girl spoke, responding to the single word he had left suspended in the air between them. A soft smile appeared over his lips as she dove into a lengthy answer, stating that she was only briefly residing here. How disappointing. Did this mean she was looking for a pack locally, or that she was going to expand her search to the rest of Relic Lore? While Hearthwood was thriving, XIX would never turn away the opportunity to recruit a new member—especially one that wasn’t sided with the dragon.

“Turtleback Lake,” he answered swiftly, the smile still present on his dark lips. “This is one of my favourite places to visit. Luckily my pack is just north of here so I can come here as often as I please.” Although he was a product of the Arctic, Lachesis was also exceptionally fond of the water, which was why he was often found lurking around the edge of the lake. With tight lips XIX avoided looking into her sunflower gaze; he was worried he would see the ghost of Capella reflecting back at him. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you