(See All?) Announcements
517 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

that James Dean daydream — Sierra Hills 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
This would be her first time actively recruiting a wolf. Sahalie honestly was not sure how it was done, and was not even aware of how she had somehow attracted so many wolves to Oak Tree Bend. Everything seemed to happen as a result of pure accident, just the chaos of molecules bumping up against one another until they finally ended up deep in Spectral Woods. But now Sahalie wanted to give it a try: this wolf seemed a little odd but overwhelmingly genuine. And even though this wolf talked himself down, she was sure that there was some sort of knowledge or trait that this man-boy possessed that was otherwise absent from her home. Some quality about him. She could see it in the methodical way he dunked and examined his paws, an eye for detail, precision. There were some gears, some apparatus whirring in his head that were either dormant, broken, or missing from her and her other pack mates.

The incredulous humility made her smile, and she bobbed her head neatly with a smile on her face. She was unshaken by his disbelief. Sahalie knew what she had seen in his sharp amber eyes rimmed in dark markings as they scanned over his injury. With infinite patience she gave another nod when asked if she was for real. There was no more laughter anymore, and she hoped that now he was giving the idea some thought. Behind her, her plush dark tail moved anxiously.

Since he seemed so preoccupied with his injured paw— and Sahalie would not have pestered or pressed him for anything in the world—she was not expecting him to speak at all and completely unprepared for the counter-offer to be placed on the table. Her ears strained forward and her bright golden eyes bulged and sparkled. "M-m-me?" she stammered with some effort. No one had ever taken a serious interest in mentoring her before. And certainly not in such an arcane an art as medicine. "I...I'd be, oh my god, I'd love to. That would be like. Awesome." Words jumped off her tongue before they could be thoughtfully prepared, some tripping over the others as they rushed to escape her mouth. She stopped abruptly, shuffling and straightening. Her head lowered, acknowledging her potential sensei, "I mean— I would be honored."
(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2016, 08:30 PM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Grey who has 29 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
i'm not sure what you're looking for
Quentin Connor
really, i'm just the boy next door

She seemed just as surprised as he had been, the difference between them being that she did not second-guess herself or even have to consider the offer at all. It was in this instant that he realized that he did not know her name. A sense of sheepishness encumbered him as he took in her enthusiasm. Not only did she think that it would be awesome, but she told him that she would be honored to be something of an apprentice.

"Well then," he began, mirroring her now that his paws felt much, much better (refreshed, even, for the time being). He gently put pressure on each forepaw at first before finally standing up. "I guess the next order of bus'ness is introductions; if we're going to begin this partnership of sorts then I s'pose we can't be strangers. Right?" He smiled openly at her now and giving his tail a swish through the air. "My name's Quentin. Quentin Connor." As soon as he had relayed his name, the nervousness nipped him at the tip of his tongue and he felt like he had to add, "My mother used to call me just... 'Q'. I was named for my father an' it was jus' easier to shorten my name to somethin' similar spare everyone the confusion."

His grin softened upon remembering his family, missing them while also acknowledging how glad he was to have met this quirky little lady. Perhaps she was the one who would help in herald in the next chapter in his life.

[Image: iWnkFAb.png]
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
so uhm... wanna fade this one and maybe.. have one at the borders? if quentin wants to join that is. wouldn't.. think too much about backdating because then my head will break. Also not sure why Sahalie wanted me to spell his name out phonetically. She just did.

The man was brightening now, testing out his treated paws with precision. Her ears twisted a little when it became clear that, somehow, neither of them knew each other's names. Though, how surprised could Sahalie be when she was always putting the cart before the horse. She knew introductions, by nature, were meant to come first. But in the end they were always slack left for her partner in the conversation to pick up for her. Sloppy. Luckily, the dark-faced once-stranger did not seem so bothered, more amused. He wasn't cancelling their partnership.

Kwen-tin. The name was articulate, sharp. It sounded just like him, she wasn't sure what harried him so, and why he or his family felt the need to explain or shorten it. Her tail wagged absently behind her. Kyoo. Well, time would tell if she would prefer Kyoo or Kwentin. Certainly there was no other Kwentin or Kyoo around for her to confuse him with. "I like it!" she barked, her tail arcing wider. 

Sahalie liked everything, though.

"And you can call me Sahalie. Or Halie. I'm named after my grandfather, but— but he wasn't Sahalie, too. His name just sounded like mine. He's not here though...obviously." She shook her head, trying to keep herself on track. Now wasn't the time to dump the whole family history onto the poor guy. He had paws to worry about and places to be. Maybe. "So how is this partnership thingy gunna work? D'you wanna come back and see Oak Tree Bend? D'you wanna set up a schedule? A den? A secret pawshake?" She had no idea how these things worked. Her head twisted side to side on her neck like a confused puppy.
Played by Grey who has 29 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
Phonetically spelled name makes sense... I just might have to use that. :o But, um, as for the thread, I'm def' game for one when Quentin "comes back" a second time? Or...whenever in present-time? Unsure if this is all set up for a fade or not, though.

i'm not sure what you're looking for
Quentin Connor
really, i'm just the boy next door

"And you can call me Sahalie," she told him. "Or Halie." A few seconds more and she readily made sure that Quentin knew that she was named for her grandfather - who was not a "Sahalie" - and that he was no longer with her (or her family... which Quentin opted to assume that the old man had perished. How long ago, however, was none of his business.). There wasn't time to linger on such a thing, though, for as soon as she finished with that little tidbit about herself, she moved onto what she considered as more important things.

"Well.... hmm..." he had to think about how exactly their little partnership was going to work... to progress and grow. She was quick to lay out her curiosities: if he wanted to see Oak Tree Bend, an actual schedule, a den, a secret pawshake... For the first time, in what seemed like a very long, long time, Quentin felt his smile reach his eyes. "That all sounds awesome. Let's get ye back home then, so I know where to find you. We can do everything and anything you want, but I will gather some materials first - herbs, sticks an' the like. How does that sound?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2016, 01:30 AM by Quentin.)
[Image: iWnkFAb.png]
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
sorry, short<3 be on the lookout for a mushroom thread soon!! :D

Sahalie's head bounced up and down as her body went into full wiggle-mode. Home. Home sounded good. She hoped he would make it his home soon, as well. It felt a little strange, to hear that he was basically at her disposal, ready for "everything and anything," that she wanted. But it was a good strange. It was all a good strange. 

But of course Kyoo would need some time to prepare—alone. It would not do for her to be breathing down his neck as he looked at twigs and herbs without having any lessons prepared. By no means did the girl wish to rush or ruin her education. Her excitement was strong, almost overpowering, but the desire for their partnership to go smoothly, for her to be a good apprentice and learn all there was to learn, generated a patience that was stronger than unbridled excitement. "Sounds great!" she beamed, her body already turning towards the misty woods that had been at their backs. "Hope you don't mind the darkness. But the forest should be a great place for all the plants you need. I mean, I don't know how plants work but I assume it's better than out on the red hills," she laughed, sure that Kyoo would be happy to leave the painful, packed clay behind him.

"Onward!"