566 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jadon

Used To Play Pretend — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
t'was there that we parted in yon shady glen

To hear that she hadn't seen Veho for nearly a full moon's coming and going was a little unsettling, but, on the brighter side, he took it as a sign that Crystal was keeping busy (and, perhaps, not giving the Grizzly Hollow Leaders any trouble or reasons to worry). Upon being asked if Rook had any business with Veho shouldn't have caught him by surprise. Either way, it still prompted him to clear his throat, and - as usual - wonder and debate and think twice about his answer. Again, the imagined Borden seemed to scowl and Rook took a deep breath, inwardly and mentally bracing himself.

"Veho is my partner," he ground his molars together as he said it, his voice wavering in mid-sentence as he returned his gaze to Crystal. He had learned his lesson by now that tip-toeing and honey-coating things or bluntly stating things out in such a confident manner only made things sour or even worse. At least his tone had improved; not only was it somewhat humble, but it was also genuinely honest. It was his hope that she was able to receive his answer as he had intended it to be heard. He was merely a young man who had gone away and had now come home to return to his sweetheart with news of his travels. "My companion, @Quil, and I should have been home sooner but things went a little awry. I'll need to let him know that she's still out there on our search."

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.