(See All?) Announcements
550 Users Online
Bing, Google

You can't see the Wind — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
"Well, if you wish to join one, then my pack is a little further south of here." She offered, nudging the hare his way. "Just call at the borders for my leaders. I cannot give any guarantee or promise they will allow you in, but it surely would be better to attempt and possibly succeed then to keep on going a loner huh?" She had noticed the few surprised looks he had given her and the slight sadness he seemed to have clinging to him. If only she could help... "And if you do, I can help you even more with your pain possibly. Again, I cannot guarantee a cure but simply a relief at the least. Which reminds me!"

For a few minutes, she disappeared back the way she had come. She had spotted some lavender hyssop on her way here, only a few strands of the plant but it was just enough for what she had in mind. She snapped the plants away, leaving some for when she headed back to Grizzly Hollow. Then she made her way back to where she had left Icicle to enjoy his hare.

When the gray wolf arrived back, she placed the herbs down. "I noticed that some of your skin looks a little sunburned." She explained to him, nodding towards the herb. "I have seen this mostly used with burns from a fire but I guess they would also work for sunburns too. I just need to chew them up a little, in a paste of sorts, in order to put them on. I mean, only if you want me to." She quickly added. the healer in training did not wish to impose too much on the pale male. Her only objective was to help him and even then, only if he accepted it. She would not force him.
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Icicle Whitefang
Know me for who I am, not what I am

Icicle’s bobbed slightly as Lily confirmed what he had been suspecting. Though it seemed fairly obvious, it was always good to have confirmation. One think Icicle hated was assumptions, considering the sheer amount of them made toward him when someone first encounters the ghostly wraith.

Icicle was baffled, that was the only way he could put this encounter. This pack wolf hadn’t hated him, shunned him, feared him, chased him off, attacked him or anything. He couldn’t figure out where to place her in the categories he had made over all of his past encounters. She wasn’t cruel, she wasn’t rude, she wasn’t angry. Where did she fit? Icicle’s analytical mind demanded that she be sorted and placed somewhere in the circles and yet, she seemed to defy all logic he knew. Now she was offering him a shot at her pack? Not a guarantee of course, but a chance. This was something Icicle wasn’t familiar with and now..he wasn’t sure how to react.

As she moved off to retrieve something, Icicle focused on the hare. He shrugged aside the matter of where she belonged, maybe it didn’t matter, for now though he had more important matters to attend to. He reached down and tore into the hare, ignoring the pain it caused from the burns a she felt the delicious coppery taste of still warm blood.

Soon, Lily returned carrying some plants. Icicle looked up from the demolished hare, licking the blood from his salmon pink lips as he watched in curiosity. He listened carefully to her explanation of the plant and how it would be applied. That’s good to know.. Icicle took that information and filed it away, he never knew when it could be useful. “Please do.” Was his reply as he lowered himself, resting on his stomach and he turned his head away from her to expose his neck. There was random tufts of fur missing and the skin underneath was a bright red, running down from the base of his skull to the beginning of his shoulders. He paused for a moment, turning back to her before asking “What plant is that?”

Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
"Lavender hyssop. It helps to heal burns, which is why I thought of it." She supplies to him before she begins to crush the plants between her teeth. One way to make lavender hyssop useful was to moisten it enough to spread onto the wound and then cover that up, if it was possible.

Since she had not seen nor heard any river or creeks nearby, her saliva would have to do. Once it was done enough for what she wanted, the female gently and carefully applied it to the large man's sunburn on his exposed neck, or back of it at least. The patch of skin that was showing was a ghastly red and she could not understand how he could even bare to stand it for a moment. It looked horrible! Yet he appeared almost resigned to the fact he had it. Once it was covered with all the lavender hyssop she had gathered, she stepped away from Icicle. The mush did not looking very good but it would hopefully help with his sunburn.

"How does that feel?" She asked him. She had never been burnt, by sun or fire so she had no idea how well it would work. She knew it would of course, she would not have used it otherwise. .
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Icicle Whitefang
Know me for who I am, not what I am

A small groan escaped the colorless male as he felt the wet paste being pressed against his neck, it wasn’t a painful groan, but one of quite relief. Icicle had been dealing with this sunburn for quite awhile now. Light pink eyes closed slowly as Lily worked. This was a new experience for the large wolf. He hadn’t ever let anyone else get close enough nor ever touch him, and yet, here he was, completely trusting a wolf he had just met with administering something to his body and it felt..good.

As she spoke Icicle turned his head toward her, the burn still hurt but the paste already cooling the aching burn “Better than I’ve felt in a long time...thank you.” It was all he could say at this point. Lily had provided relief to one of the things that had been hurting Icicle, he still had the pain of the sunlight in his eyes and the blurry vision, not to mention the fatigue and joint pain, but this was one less thing he had to worry about. “Thank you..I mean it...I’ll look into joining you pack...what it called?”

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2016, 05:38 PM by Icicle.)
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
The healer smiles when he said it felt better then it had in quite some time. "That's good. I had hoped it would work and it appears to have done so."

When he asked the name of her pack, Amaryllis thought over how her leaders would take to this male showing up to their borders. "It's called Grizzly Hollow." Amaryllis offered the name of her pack freely after a few moments. She would have no idea how they would react. Hopefully they would accept him. Yes, he looked odd but Icicle seemed kind enough. She doubted he would ever do harm to those within the pack. "As I said, there is no guarantee you will be accepted, even if I turn up and put in a good word for you." Still, she didn't mention the fact their male numbers needed to be boosted. So far, there were more females then the males and though it was not a bad thing, it would be nice to bolster the pack numbers regardless.

"Well, I best be heading off." She told the pale boy. "I need to find the herb I originally came for and then I have to get back to my pack." It wasn't that she didn't wish to stay on Icicle's presence for a bit longer, just to make sure the paste was working but she did really need to find that wild ginger she came here for in the first place. "I hope the next time I see you, it is as pack mates."

With that, she backed away from him and decided to go a different path to find the herb. It wouldn't be too hard to find.

-exit and fade-