(See All?) Announcements
547 Users Online
Morven, Nori, Google, Neva, Bing, Aven, Sophrosnia

Let's not fade away — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea

Join thread! @Veho and/or @Jynx, and @Yvly please :D others welcome if they wish.

Amaryllis carefully followed after Crystal as the tawny coloured wolf lead them towards the borders of her pack. The rabbit dangled in Amaryllis’ jaws, limp and swinging as she walked a bit behind Crystal. Due to the rabbit being her her mouth, not a word had been passed between the two during the short trip and before she knew it, Crystal was turning to her. Amaryllis paused a few steps behind Crystal, waiting to see what she would do.

“We’re here,” Amaryllis nodded and placed the rabbit down, stepping forward and lifted her head, careful in making sure not to step over the borders of the other’s pack. She made an clear, inquiring howl, alerting the leaders of her presence and asking one or both of them to come. The rabbit was still at her feet, laying as still and quiet as it had been since Amaryllis had snapped its poor bones.

Amaryllis studied the area around her. It was in the depths of a Cedarwood forest, the strong smell of the trees overflowing into her nose. She did not mind the smell, it was quite nice actually. It was a change of pace from her old pack’s position. She turned to Crystal, curious.

“So this is where you live? It is interesting.” She commented, eyes darting around and still taking in the tall trees, the ground covered somewhat in snow but otherwise relatively clear, thanks to the canopy of the tree tops. She wondered what it would be like to live in a forest like this. They had passed a creek earlier and the trees were spaced out enough that large animals like deer and moose could pass through with little trouble, so it could prove to be fruitful in hunting.

And there were many herbs that grew in the forest so if he wished to pursue being a healer of some sort, which did interest her. But the role of scout did as well.

Well, I suppose i shall find out soon enough what they might need. Amaryllis thought as they waited for the leaders to arrive.

Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

Permission was given to Silvia for the PP of Yvly. Also, reminder for me, this thread is set directly after Misty Memories

Neither of them said a word to each other as they neared the provenance of Grizzly Hollow's borders, the world around them slowly turning into a forest filled with looming cedarwood trees. When the finally arrived, the strong scent of the border washing over her with its familiar smell, Yvly turned to Lily with a simple, "We're here.". When she had done this with Squeak she had had to howl for the leaders as her companion didn't have the ability to speak, but the greyscale female currently beside her could speak and so she stood back silently, dark amber eyes watching her as she let loose a call for the leaders. The day was still bright, and so it shouldn't take too long for one, or both of them, to arrive.

"I joined in the beginning of winter," Yvly replied, eyes scanning the area beyond the border for any sign of Veho or Wacipi, or even any pack member nearby. "It's usually quiet," she continued in a soft tone, "But you should be wary of bears once they come out of hibernation. I had the unfortunate luck of coming upon one scavenging for food." And that memory had stuck with her since, reminding her to have constant vigilance whenever she was out exploring. Lily would soon come to understand once the large creatures were thrust out of their hibernation period and began roaming around. But as long as she didn't stray too far there would always be a pack member to help.

252 words

Yvly Doramor

imagine we are higher than the arrows,
casually we're breathing with the pharaohs,
tragically we fall just like the arrows.
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2016, 09:29 AM by Yvly.)
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

On this particular day, Veho had been out and about on his boarders, strengthening where he found it needed, investigating the comings and goings otherwise. It was important to know, he thought, make sure everyone came back if they’d left – the nature of Cinder’s disappearance still ate at him, the trail of blood, that she seemingly vanished into thin air. With that said, it seemed Titan had disappeared from the pack, but he’d become very withdrawn in the past months. Something had happened to the other healer, he thought, and an ear was kept to the ground for the large male. When he ran into Crystal again, he would have to inform the scout in training to keep a look out –

-- ah, but think of the devil.

A slow smile curled across the king’s muzzle as he found the new recruit on the boarders with a stranger once more. An excellent addition to Grizzly Hollow, he thought, that she was able to bring in more members. Strong, capable wolves would never be turned away, and he offered the pair of females a low chuff in greeting before altering his direction. With his flag high above his spine, Veho jogged down to the two woman, nodding to Crystal as he halted a few lengths away. “You’ve been busy,” he noted with a wry smile, his pale eyes turning to the stranger now. “Welcome, friend. What brings you to my borders?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea

Amaryllis listened carefully to Crystal as she spoke a warning about bears waking up from hibernation. “I shall keep an eye out for then then. I would bearly be able to fight one at all, regardless if it had just woken up or not.”

Their attention was brought to another wolf arriving, the greyscale she wolf easily identifying him as a leader by his stance. Amaryllis bowed her head and lowered her tail in, as he first greeted Crystal before turning to herself and presented her with a question.

“My name is Lily, I wish to join your pack.” it was best to be forthright with what she wanted and let him know exactly why she is here, instead of dancing around the subject. Taking a few steps back, she gathered up her kill and offered it to the other grey wolf.  “A gift for you and yours, to do with as you wish.” Her tone was gentle and passive but strong as she spoke, her body settled in a relaxed yet submissive posture, to counter act the pack wolves around her. “I have some knowledge in healing and herbs, and I would like to learn more if I am able to. Otherwise, I am happy to help out overall, in whatever is needed to be done.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2016, 03:01 AM by Amaryllis.)
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

OOC here!

Yvly lowered her muzzle dutifully at the grey and brown leader's praising comment, a small smile appearing on her maw. It meant a lot, coming from him, and she felt... honoured that he noticed she was doing her best for Grizzly Hollow by bringing in possible members. She had yet to be sent on a scouting mission, but knew Veho would only give her a task to do if he deemed it important and, whatever that task was, she would do it without a second thought. Though she hoped it would be soon, she was eager to go explore the area around other packs when, under other circumstances, she wouldn't be able to.

As Veho turned to Lily, asking the same question Wacipi had asked her when she was at the border seeking acceptance. It seemed so long ago. The greyscale female was short and sharp in her response, earning an inner nod of approval. Dilly dallying didn't help anyone, and it only prolonged the inevitable end. It was best to be straight to the point with important business, and this definitely was. The tawny female watched silently as Lily offered the rabbit she had caught to Veho, and with the offering came words of having knowledge in healing and herbs. In reaction Yvly slightly raised her wolfy brows in astonishment. Not only was Lily a good hunter but she was a healer too. Most definitely a promising member. But she didn't say anything, wanting to keep the limelight on Lily until it was necessary for her to speak.

259 words

Yvly Doramor

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Lily, the pleasure is mine. You may call me Merlin – I am the residing Lord of Grizzly Hollow.”

The gift was met with an interested hum, and eyes briefly flickered to where Crystal sat. Was this her idea? It seemed all the wolves she brought to their borders had excellent manners, as well as the wherewithal to bring an offering to hint at both skill and subordinance. Moving from his spot, the alpha took his time sniffing at the offering, dark nose wriggly before he gently took the rabbit into his maw. The male turned and back stepped a few paces, putting the fresh kill down beside his paws before he settled back in, gazing shifting between the stranger and his hopeful scout.

She’d proven herself quite useful, Veho thought – he would take her out on a run soon. But first, there were more immediate matters to see to.

“Well, I am a practiced healer myself, though I would not balk at an apprentice,” he hummed thoughtfully, Titan springing back to mind. He’d really have to ask Crystal to keep an out for him, as well. “But our pack is a family, even if not bound by name. What does family mean to you, Lily?”

Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
(Ooc notes: I'll put this in a table later, once I get on a computer.)

Ears flicking forward as he introduced himself, she bowed her head as he inspected the rabbit before takking it and placing it near his own feet. He turned back to her, once doing so and asking a question that would most likely define whether or not if she was accepted or not.

"It means love and loyalty," Amaryllias replied without missing a beat, the words rolling off her tounge with ease. It went without question, to her at least, what family meant. "It means helping each other, whether towards their goals or just in general. It's not leaving anyone behind, not if you can still help them and most importantly, they should mean home." she did not care if Merlin found a fault in what she said. What she said is what she stood by and she was not going to change it for anyone or anything.

"And I would not balk at being an apprentice, to be able to learn more about healing is something I really wish to do, so I may help those injured or sick." she added, licking her lips as the sudden feeling of nervousness over came her, her insides quivquivering slightly. But she kept an air of calm about herself on the outside. It would give the others a weakness to cling to and use against her. And she did not want that to happen to her. 

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2016, 06:32 AM by Amaryllis.)
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

Forgive me for my lateness @Veho and @Amaryllis. School's kept me very busy :x

Yvly met Veho's gaze as it flickered briefly to her, hint of a smile on her maw. She figured since she was a pack member none of that looking at the ground stuff was needed, but at the same time she didn't want to seem disrespectful. Dark amber eyes watched as he made his way to the offering Lily had brought, sniffing it for a few moments before taking it in his powerful jaws and returning to his previous spot. He seemed happy enough with it. The tawny female reclined back on her haunches, knowing that these situations could take some time. At Veho's question of the meaning of family, she glanced at Lily, interested to know the greyscale's females thoughts. She herself had been asked this very same question, but as always, others had a different way of viewing it.

The tawny female internally nodded her head at Lily's words. Yes, she thought that too, though in her birth pack there had been less of the 'helping each other's goals' and more making sure they were up to the task in the first place. That was most likely the reason why she liked being alone all the time; from a young age she had had to figure things out by herself or watch another do it. Her pack didn't believe in teaching the fundamentals, thinking that it came naturally, and if it didn't, then it wasn't the role for them. Yvly looked over at Veho when the other female finished speaking, knowing that he would now announce his verdict.

260 words

Yvly Doramor

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

A poker face was something Veho had not yet developed in full since his rise to leadership among the ranks of Grizzly Hollow. While his mask remained generally neutral, if friendly, the flag high above his haunches began to wave back and forth as the woman defined family and kinship in her own words. While it wasn’t the answer he was looking for – or perhaps simply not the one he had been expecting from the stranger – it pleased him to hear her description, and such happiness was evident. He would have to have a word with Yvly later, perhaps offer her an encomium for her hard work despite being relatively new to the group – this was the second wolf she’d brought for his inspection, and he hadn’t been disappointed with her findings yet.

“Very well,” he hummed softly, tipping his head to one side as he glanced between his training scout and Lily. “I am pleased to offer you a home within the borders of Grizzly Hollow. Henceforth, you will consider us family, and we will see you in the very same light.” His lips tipped up into a smile as he dipped his head, stepping forward to brush his cheek against the newcomer and mark her with his own scent. “Yvly will show you to the pack cache, as well as the den. If you are interested in training as a medic, I suggest you come seek me out later.”

Exit.

Figure the two ladies can exit and we can make it a wrap? :3