breathe me back to life — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
@Sylva

Mid-Late February ish
Just Past Midnight

Soon spring would begin sweeping across the lands, melting the snow and feeding the rivers and lakes but for now winter still held them in its grasp. The snow crunched beneath Draven's paws as he walked so he chose to remain still, the only sign of movement was the billowing mist from his nostrils. He had grown to his adult size though he had yet to fill out as he would during his yearling time. He would eventually be long and lean, built for running and endurance but now he seemed lanky and his paws still disproportionately large.

The woods still felt as if eyes were on his back at all times like they had when he had accidently ventured too far into such a ghastly place. The trees were gnarled like their branches reached out to catch him and drag him deeper into their trunks to never escape. It was a place of nightmares, and with his pitch black pelt he looked as if he belonged here regardless of the fear he felt in his soul.

He had become one of them, one of the eyes that watch every movement in the dark, it was easier this way. If he stayed up all night he could be alert and aware until the daylight when the woods seemed slightly less threatening, only slightly so.  So he stood his post, waiting, watching. For what he did not know, but he waited and watched anyways.

Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
@Draven ! this is Sylva when she -first- entered Relic Lore! been wanting to do a thread like this >.>))

A small shape was moving along side the Heartleaf creek. Brown tipped ears pricked as the Yearling hugged the bank of the water source. She had been following it for days now, ending up in this strange region after the months she had spent alone surviving. Somehow the river had found her, the very river she had grown up beside far to the north. it had sought her out and brought the young wolf to this new area, and now it was guiding her past some fairly creepy trees. Trunks twisted and gnarled like the very overhanging branches, blotting out the weak moonlight.

“T-thank you..” Sylva murmured to the frozen creek as she looked off into the woods unaware of exactly where she was. “Guess this is home for now..” She needed shelter for the night, the trees...no matter scary they mays eem, would provide it, they would provide the shelter She’d need for who knew how long.

Slowly, she stepped away from the safety of the creek and moved over the threshold into the Ghastly Woods. The small ebony and chocolate mixed wolf kept her ears pricked as she moved. The snake like tendrils reaching out to grasp at her fur sent a tingling shudder down her spine. “Please don’t….”“Please don’t….” She whispered as she tugged herself free from a particularly  persistent branch. Returning her attention to her surrounding , Sylva suddenly stiffened.

What was that!? she was infact referring to a small decision she had caught out of the side of her eyes, it highly resembled breath being expelled from something and it had the young wolf terrified that she had awoke some vengeful wraith of the forest. The only noise the female made was a small but loud squeak of fear as she froze.

ThoughtSylva’s dialogue

Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh

His waiting and watching had not been for naught it would seem. His eyes had long adjusted to the dark of the night so as the small wisp of a wolf tried to manage her way through the forest. Mossy eyes surveyed her in silence, she appeared to be around his age older than him maybe but not by much though much smaller than he was. Her own pelt was dark enough that she too could have easily blended into the night if she hadn't been getting caught on trees and....talking to them?

Tilting his head slightly to the right the green eyes narrowed as he continued to stare at the strange woman. Suddenly realizing it may not have been the tree she spoke to the black fur along his spine rippled until it stood straight.  Draven did his best to stand perfectly still while his eyes strained to look about the area, was she not alone?

Breathing in as deeply as possible he tried desperately to find the scent of the woman's companion.  Perhaps this was why she saw his breath, the deep but practically silent exhale's caught the moonlight and shimmered around his nostrils and face before dissipating.  Her reaction caught him off guard and the already defensive pup's muscles clenched in panic, would her companion come and attack him then? He had smelled no one else but surely she had to be talking to someone.

Fangs flashed in the night as the pup barred his teeth, hopefully this would be enough to warn her off and if not perhaps the demons of this forest really had come to claim him. Would that be so bad really? Maybe then he could see his mother again, maybe she had sent him this so they could be reunited. But... that didn't sound like something she would want, she wouldn't want him to die in a place like this. With renewed fervor a growl rippled through his throat, he had to make it through the night.

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
OoC note: Sylva doesn't actually recognize Draven, since they hadn’t actually met, I tried to write it from her POV as much as I could)))

The small ebony shape sucked in a breath as ivory fangs suddenly manifested into the air near  her. She hastily scrambled a few steps backwards as a low growl cut through the silence between her and the forest wraith. The young wolf’s imagination started to work into overdrive as she suddenly pictured those fangs digging into her skin, but at the same time there was something familiar about that demonic noise, at least, something seemed familiar in the Sylva’s somewhat unstable psyche and the yearling started to become lost in a nightmare of her own.

Soft brown eyes squinted through the dark space between the two wolves and Sylva could have sworn that what vague features she could see, Ivory fangs and a snarling growl were familiar. There was a sharp intake of breath as her heart started to bead quickly. She recognized those fangs.

“E-Eluvin..?” She squeaked in both fear and disbelief as she took another step backward. It was at that moment that the dangling tendrils of Ghastly Woods brushed against her fur and Sylva panicked, here was the vengeful spirit of her old friend, here to kill her in revenge for causing his death all those months ago. Would he tear her into smithereens? Would she end up a spirit in this dark and despair filled forest?

“I-I'm sorry! I didn’t mean for you to die! P-Please don't kill me! I-Im sorry!” She stammered quickly as her tail curled between her legs , her already small form shrinking even more against the ground as she closed her eyes.

<I>Thought</I>
<B> Dialogue</B>
(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2016, 11:21 PM by Sylva.)