(See All?) Announcements
539 Users Online
Bing, Google

as good as his word — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Sorry for the wait guys. Yes, I think we've covered everything for now - would be nice to do another one (@Yvly) maybe once the pups are born? Also you're up :3 (And @Miccah if you wanna get in a third post for wrap up)

While his reply was guarded, Merlin seemed optimistic about the future, and Aideen nodded with a soft smile; Winter always seems to be tough… But now the cold season finally seemed to be waning, and what better way to meet it than with this new connection between their packs? Crystal's quiet voice offered support of the suggested arrangement, and Aideen met her smile with her own, thinking that the two of them might end up seeing a lot of each other in the future. The silvered man seemed favorable too, prompting further nodding from his petite friend as he laid out the details. With Nina's stiffening joints, and herself soon to take on the responsibilities of leadership, Aideen would be happy to see a steady supply of herbs coming from habitats she would otherwise need to travel to reach. Frankly any small help would make her happy, and she hoped the Hollow wolves would be happy to accept plants from the thickets in return; We do have many things in abundance…

She simply smiled reassuringly as the herbs were presented, understanding that any cache would be low by the this time. Though when Merlin mentioned raiders, her brows furrowed, a frown replacing the pleasant expression. "I'm sorry." She said, looking down at the offered bundles of herbs; "I hope you haven't drained any supplies for my sake." She wouldn't accept the last of their stock, even if it was something she sorely needed. She was curious though, what they might have brought, but it didn't seem proper to start looking through it now. Besides, Her friend appeared anxious to leave, no doubt wanting to get back to his pack before the storm that seemed to be approaching came down in full force. So she hurriedly pushed forwards her own package, a fresh smile on her face; "I'm sure whatever you've brought is just perfect! I think you know just as well as I what grows in the Cedarwood and not here. Meanwhile I've got what we spoke of last time, and do too let me know whatever else you need, I think between the two of us we can manage to keep a few infirmaries well stocked!" She blinked cheerfully at Merlin, then turned her eyes to his tawny companion; "Three, with Crystal to run back and forth for us." She gave a warm smile to the girl, hoping that she surely was not bothered by this task; Though, I suppose that's up to him… Merlin was her leader after all, though Aideen did not believe he was the kind to force a subordinate into something like that.

Flicking her own eyes across the darkening sky, the fox-like shewolf glanced over her shoulder, meeting her mate's eyes to seek approval for everything that had been said, and see if he had anything to add. Then she turned back to their visitors, nodding in a finite manner, to show that she understood their rush and wouldn't keep them. They had covered anything necessary for now. "I'll see you soon then." She saluted the young scout, giving her herb bundle a reminding nudge forwards, lest they forget it. Yes, she would be very pleased with this arrangement.

Word count: 535

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

Yvly stayed silent as the two leaders conversed, letting them exchange pleasantries and such, but kept a worried eye on the sky above. With every passing second it became more ominous, sending her ruff standing up on edge. Storms could be dangerous, especially in wide open spaces, such as the one she and Veho would have to cross to return to their pack territory. But she did not want to be rude and interrupt them, so worried silence it was. However they seemed to also sense the oncoming storm and Aideen swiftly said her goodbye. "Very soon, I hope," the tawny female responded with a smile.

As the black and russet female padded away Yvly slowly lowered her head and grabbing the bundle of herbs carefully in her jaws. As she was the budding scout she figured it was her job to carry the desired object back home, and unless if Veho voiced his want of taking them she would do just that. Glancing at her leader, the tawny female nodded to show she was ready to make the trip back home, and was simply waiting on his command to set forth. It would be nice to return to the thickets every now and then to help out a fellow pack, and also to stretch her legs. At some point she would ask Veho if she could scout out further to the east, where the mountains lay, and see if there were any other packs close by that Grizzly Hollow could make arrangements with. Allies were a good thing in this world, especially considering their relationship with Willow Ridge seemed to be on thin ice.

275 words

Yvly's fade post/for the thread unless @Miccah and/or @Veho want to post again
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
@Veho @Yvly @Aideen If you guys have an issue with the fade, just tell me. <3

The dark king was content to stay in the background of things for now, paying attention to the flow of conversation before him.  It seemed the Hollow pack was not fairing as well as the thickets, for at the mention of raiders Miccah’s brow furrowed slightly. He did not know where the Hollow wolves resided, a question he would ask his wife later, but from Merlin’s words his subordinates had come to no harm. Making a mental note to keep an even sharper eye on the borders, the man ears flicked forward attentively as the conversation before him easily came to a close.

Looking up at the sky before him, it seemed the dark clouds were soon to bring in a storm and no wonder the Hollow wolves were eager to leave. As he heard talk of alliance, Miccah nodded to his wife in short agreement for it was a good idea. It seemed beneficial to both packs to have each other as allies, but before anything was set in stone Miccah reminded himself to talk it over with Nina first. Though Aideen was soon to rise as leader, and be a capable one at that, Nina was still officially his partner. And he wanted to know what she knew of this Grizzly Hollow pack before the Woodlands became too friendly with them.

The burly male stepped forward as the Hollow wolves began to finally take their leave. At his wife’s farewell, Miccah did not hesitate to add his own as well. "Safe travels,” he spoke to them in his rumbling baritone. As he looked up at the darkening sky, the man’s muzzle wrinkled in distate as the first water droplets fell on him. Nudging his wife’s muzzle affectionately, he led them back into the safety of their kingdom.

{Fade}

"speech"
Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief