(See All?) Announcements
589 Users Online
Jethro, Google, Bing

sail on silver girl
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Her concern regarding Naia’s words about another potential threat was rising – and she gave a light shake of her head. “Avoid these wolves for now. If they prove to be a threat.. Let’s just say I am not willing to be ousted from my home for a second time,” she began, her tone darkening. Kjors might have started the fire, but she would more than put it out – especially if they chose to continue their attacks. She held no doubt in the strength of her pack.. nor would she stop at anything to maintain their safety. Even if they had to chase out their new neighbors.

But she allowed that topic to slide for now – instead, she focused upon Round Stone Crest and what Naia had to say of them. While she was glad they had found a place to settle, she found the Scout’s words to be true. Whatever affiliation or alliance they held with them, it had become quite obvious to the River Queen that thus far, only the Crest wolves had benefited from it. They had never come to the aide of Cut Rock River. They had done nothing for them that she had witnessed – and she would make a point to ask @Maksim further details toward them.

“From the sounds of it, Kjors has done a fine job of adding to our enemies list all by himself,” she mused, partly joking, and yet knowing it to be partly truth. “Whisper Caverns and Grizzly Hollow were of our own doing – but I can’t recall a time our allies have ever.. aided us in any manner, though we have offered them food and shelter.” There was a pause as she considered Naia’s words. “I’m not sure it does, either. I will see what Maksim has to say,” she determined then, unwilling to make any true decisions without her mate. “Thank you, Naia. You’re more than a Scout to this pack – you’re an Advisor.”

sparking up my heart

Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
The weight of Kisla’s words was not lost on Naia, and she nodded solemnly. Had she or Kjors or any of the waterfall wolves been hurt in the encounter, their little scouting trip could have easily plunged the River wolves into another war. Naia glanced toward the opening of the den where the pups had been playing moments ago, but the little ones had vanished inside. Their disappearance was a sobering reminder of the consequences of such a war. Allowing their neighbors space was best for now, and Naia knew that any business she would conduct in the future she would do so without Kjors.

By Kisla’s comment she seemed to agree about Kjors. Perhaps he was an asset in other areas—Karina had certainly changed under his tutelage, though if it was for better or worse remained to be seen—but Naia knew she would never trust such a volatile personality outside the pack’s borders. The River Queen considered Naia’s advice carefully and agreed to bring it to Maksim, for which Naia was grateful. It had been embarrassing enough telling the story to one leader; Naia knew she would never recover from the shame if she had to recount the disaster of a scouting trip to Maksim as well.

“Thank you. I’m honored,” Naia said as Kisla dismissed her, her eyes lighting up with surprise at the compliment. She had always thought scouting and advising were similar professions, and the most effective way to do one was to also do the other. Wasn’t that the role of a pack wolf though? To do whatever was required in each moment.. Naia had been a hunter, a teacher, a guardian.. even a leader in Kisla’s absence, and she would continue to be whatever Hearthwood River needed, whenever  she was needed.

[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Kisla offered the woman a gentle smile, her muzzle reaching forward to nudge her once more before she pulled back. There was much to take away from the conversation – but nothing she was willing to act upon without the wiser words of her mate. Maksim was not a fan of Kjors, and the knowledge that the one-eyed wolf had put Naia in danger would not be received well.

The dark wolf was treading thinly upon the ice, and there would be little she could do to protect him should he continue his ways. There was something about him that lured her to him – she enjoyed his company, despite what the others said.

But she was not so blind as to place her pack mates in danger – especially ones that were like family to her. With the conversation drifting to an end, the golden she-wolf would slip back in to the den site after casting one more glance and nod to Naia, hoping to curl her warm body about the tiny forms of her two little ones, who had at least conversed slightly with one of their pack mates, albeit at a distance. Nudging the girls, Kisla gently laid down, pulling them both to her, reveling in their size and smell and knowing it would not last much longer.

sparking up my heart