(See All?) Announcements
448 Users Online
Bing, Google

this is what it feels like — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Prefer fish over deer? No way they were that delectable. Surely the Willow Ridge wolves would have mentioned catching fish before... Maybe they didn't know either. This stranger must certainly come from far off to know such a secret. Curiosity had Wraith wanting to give a shot at trying to catch one for himself, though perhaps it was best to get a few pointers from the expert before he drowned himself. The agouti female's easygoing nature appealed to Wraith's own relaxed temperament and he had half a mind to invite her along if she had interest in joining a pack.

However, that idea was nixed when he heard the familiar voice. Wraith squeezed his eyes shut as he turned around, hoping against hope that it was not who he thought it was. Ah, but of course it was. Her yip and sudden appearance in front of them had the large brute wanting to reach out to snap at her for coming so close uninvited. But he was in polite company and forced himself to behave. Without pause, words tumbled from Sylva's mouth like an endless babbling brook he'd hoped never to come across again. Already, he felt the nagging itch behind his ears that always seemed to manifest whenever he was particularly annoyed and forced to not act on that frustration.

Wraith lifted a hind leg to scratch quickly behind the ear, struggling hard not to wrinkle his lips at the female. Never had a wolf so easily driven him to madness. But he caught the fisher's expression out of the corner of his eye and bit back a grin. "Have any more interesting conversations with trees?" he asked of Sylva, though without interest and more to be snarky. His mother would have been horrified by the behavior he very well knew, but found himself unable to help it.

Wraith, be nice. x3
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow

Sylva cocked her head slightly as she settled down onto her haunches. FIrst her attention was drawn toward Niq’x as she told her to call her wolf “Ok?” Sylva asked, her head tilting just a little more at the weird name “Nice to meet you!” Her ears twitched slightly as Wraith spoke and the Yearling ‘s head jerked toward him as he inquired about any recent conversations with trees.

is he really curious or…? Sylva pondered as her tail thumped on the ground behind her before she responded “Not really no? I mean I’ve thanked them still, since they did help me, but beyond that I’ve been busy as our pack is preparing to move.” She bounced a little at the exciting prospect, unaware that Wraith truly didn’t care. The bouncing gave away to an excited quiver ass she opened her maw to ask her own questions.

“So..hows your pack? and how's Greer? I met him a little after you left, he seems like a good guy, his eyes were stunning too.”Her nose twitched slightly as she gave ‘Wolf’ a experimental sniff “Huh, you smell interesting, but is your pack fairing well too?” Sylva hadn’t recognized what pack Niq’x was from, but she had detected the scent of more than one wolf, so she assumed that she was apart of a pack.

ThoughtSylva’s dialogue

[/color]
(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2016, 03:53 AM by Sylva.)
Played by Arla who has 55 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno
@Wraith @Sylva sorry for the wait you two! haven't been feeling too good this week :c 

The sea wolf glanced over at her male companion for his reaction to the chatterbox’s appearance. Clearly he was not as excited to see her as she was to see him. A coy, lop-sided smile fell onto her lips easily as she returned her attention to the young female, amusement glistening in her bi-coloured gaze.

A question rolled off the male’s — Wraith’s — tongue smoothly, his snarky tone filling the empty space between them. However, it was the question, not his tone, that nearly caused a snicker to escape her; she had to bite her tongue to keep her composure. Surely Wraith couldn’t be serious — the girl talked to trees?! Niq’x cleared her throat in an attempt to keep the laughter from bubbling out, her black-tipped ears cupped forward in curiosity. The girl answered quickly, her excitement dripping from every word that fell off her tongue. She… she actually believed trees spoke to her. What kind of herbs was she sniffing — and where could she get some? Her eyes widening, she glanced over at Wraith with an expression that clearly read are you f-ing kidding me? Who was this chick?!

Without warning, the girl rambled off a second time, asking Wraith how his pack and some Greer were doing. Then, her attention returned to the sea princess, much to her dismay. She stiffened, as though the girl had smacked her, with her nose wrinkled in annoyance. “I smell of the wild,” she retorted sharply with a venomous glare. “And we’re super.” This girl was lucky it was her she had run into, and not her brother — Blitz would have much less patience for this naive girl (if any). “Tell me Wraith, she cooed, her attention focusing on the male once more: “Do the trees speak to you as well?” Her coy smile had returned as the words rolled effortlessly off her tongue. 

[Image: niqsig2_zpsa7puxlxp.png]
[Image: niqsig1_zpsuyvllbs3.png]
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Ah, naive and as talkative as ever. Some things didn't change. But some manner of guilt did worm its way into the black male and he shifted uncomfortably on his paws. His behavior was deplorable, he knew, but @Sylva had a way of getting under his fur. Like a flea. The very thought had him scratching again. Out of the corner of his eye, Wraith saw the sea wolf looking at him with disbelief. He nodded his head a bit in acknowledgement. Yes, I know. I know. Still, her bouncing reminded him that she was young and not deserving of his aggression.

But her questions of his pack, of @Greer, were unwelcome and far too familiar for an outsider. Wraith's lip curled in clear annoyance with a strong need to protect his packmate driving the action, though the lad was hardly in need of his protection, and certainly not from a girl like Sylva. Did she have a bit of a thing for Greer, then? Why else comment on his eyes?

He need not have answered the wolf's question, for she turned to @Niq'x and began questioning her about her pack and where she came from. Clearly, the girl's parents had never taught her a blasted thing about propriety. However, Wraith had no need to correct her as the agouti female at his side was quick to lash out in his stead. As she turned to address him, that guilt rumbled in his chest once again.

The Willow Ridge male forced a smile, though his eyes didn't light with the shared joke this time. "I'm afraid that's a trait unique to Sylva."
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s head angled slightly to the side as her brown gaze went a little wide at Niq’x’s stiffening as she inquired about her pack. Is she ok? Does she have a family? What if she doesn't… The small wolf started to feel guilt bubbling up within her stomach at the thought of bringing up negative memories for the agouti female until she spoke. ‘Wolf’s” (@Niq’x ) reply was...confusing.

“You….smell of the wild? Wouldn’t that mean you don’t have a pack? But then you say ‘we’re super’. Doesn’t that imply that you have one? Or at least a group? How can you smell of the ‘wild’ and be apart of a pack? Doesn't it contradict?”Sylva’s face twisted in confusion for a moment, ears pricking as Niq’x turned her attention to Wraith and asked if he heard trees too.

Her maw opened as Wraith said that it was only something unique to her, at first it seemed that she had been missing a lot of the side long gestures between the two. She had noticed the glances between the two of them, Wraith’s annoyance, confirmed once more by his lips curling. Sylva saw it all..but she didn’t understand exactly what it had meant. For now unaware that the apparent source of amusement had been derived from her

“That’s not true, anyone can hear it, if you just listen, the way the leaves rustle, the way the creeks murmur, it’s all speaking to you if you try to listen to it. She raised herself up and stepped toward the creek’s edge to prove her point, her gaze shining as she saw her reflection being distorted by the partially unfrozen water trickling over the ice. She paused for a moment, simply looking at herself.

hat moment was when things started to click into place, all of the nagging feelings of doubt she kept having, the way the two of them were acting. She sucked in a small breath of air.That’s what's irritating Wraith...back in the woods...now...me..not fleas or the trees...it was me… The realization made the small wolf  feel a little sick. They don't care….they weren't havn’t a good time with us...they were just making sport of us….

The yearling slowly turned back toward the two other wolves, her tail raised a little behind her, showing the little anger she started to feel as it translated into a constant twitching behind the chocolate black wolf. Sylva wasn’t sure what to feel, she was still learning alot about other wolves but she did know one thing. They were mocking her She took a deep breath before she spoke, addressing them both “You don’t care at all, do you? You don’t care about me or what I’ve said.”   She jerked her muzzle toward Wraith, the small spur anger slowly trickled away to sadness before slowly rekindling as she spoke “You, I barely knew you Wraith, but I had thought that if I was the source of whatever was bothering you, you would have sucked it up and told me instead of hurting me by making fun of me.”

Thought
Sylva’s dialogue
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2016, 01:04 AM by Sylva.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno

The sea princess was curious as to where the yearling had come from to cause her to be so naive. Someone had clearly failed in teaching her common courtesy. She frowned, the game of poking fun at the raven-coloured female quickly growing old. Niq’x almost felt sorry for the younger girl, for her brash and excitable demeanour clearly was not welcome among most wolves. Perhaps this was why she pursued conversations with trees — they were the only ones who couldn’t leave when her annoying banter became too much.

“You ask too many questions,” she said simply, ignoring the flurry of questions that the tree-talker had spat out into the air between them. “Especially to wolves you do not know. You shouldn’t be so careless; some wolves are not as patient as I am.” The otter was no longer amused by the young girl; annoyed, yes, but she had quickly grown bored of the yearling’s presence.

The inky male had responded and by his tone it was clear that Wraith was also feeling the same. She blinked slowly, returning her attention to the young girl as she responded, announcing that anyone could talk to the trees if they tried. Perhaps if they ate some fermented fruit, or some poisonous mushrooms, she thought to herself in amusement while her expression remained stoic. She had already pestered the girl enough — she did not want to add more fuel to the fire.

However, it seemed as though it was too late. Sylva had caught on to their silent gestures and long stares; without warning, she exploded.

Niq’x didn’t really know how to react to the whirlwind of words that escaped the girl. She was unaffected by the accusations, her expression unflinching as Sylva turned her line of attack to Wraith. Clucking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, the sea princess took a step back in an attempt to distance herself from the explosion unfolding before them. If there were more wolves like her in this dreadful place Niq’x needed to get her and her family out of here as soon as possible.

“I’m not going to apologize for my actions, chick. Take this as a lesson; you should be a little more cautious around strangers. They aren’t always what they seem.” She flicked her tail in annoyance as she took another step back, her mix-matched gaze falling on the inky male. It was about time for her to take her leave; while she hoped to encounter the male again, she did not share the same feelings toward the strange girl. 

Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
@Sylva Was gonna ask if you were okay with Wraith shoving her over, but I just wanted to post it and be done with it. So if you would like for that to happen, feel free to reply as if it did. :3 Otherwise, no worries and carry on as normal!

Unlike the sea princess, Wraith knew exactly how to react in the face of such an outburst. @Sylva was not in a place where she could show aggression so freely without suffering the consequences. While Wraith certainly didn't feel threatened by the young wolf's display, there would come a time and place where she did it to a wolf who would not take such insolence lightly and her very life could be at stake. It was high time she learn just how the world truly worked and that her behavior ruled how she was treated. If she wanted to act in such a manner, she would be treated that way in kind.

Even though the female's anger was already fading, replaced instead by sadness, the Willow Ridge wolf knew he couldn't let that defiantly lifted tail and disrespectful demeanor pass. He had no intention of harming her, but if he frightened her, maybe it would do her some good and teach her the lesson @Niq'x tried to explain. With Sylva, Wraith supposed it was best to teach through action rather than words.

He provided plenty of warning. As soon as her tail had lifted, his own responded in kind, stiffly rising high over his back while his lips peeled back into an angry snarl. For all his weight and size, one would think the male wouldn't be able to move so quickly. But with the right motivation, Wraith could move in a flash. He did just that, leaping straight for Sylva's face. His teeth snapped just shy of her nose while a furious growl rumbled like crashing thunder.

"You are not mine to care for! And from the moment I met you, I made no secret of that. It was you who chose to ignore every sign given. So here is a sign you're not likely to ever forget again. Don't you ever dare threaten a wolf unless you intend to follow those threats with action!" he roared, giving little care to her personal space. He wanted her afraid. Wanted her trembling so hard that her teeth rattled in her mouth. Maybe then, it would stick in her brain to tread more lightly around strangers. Perhaps her behavior was accepted within whatever pack had taken her in, but not many would be patient enough to deal with such disrespect.

"Speech."

Sylva Riverflow
((OOC note: It felt time for her to go! and I wasn't sure when/where he would have shoved her so i did omit that, also fun!))

Sylva’s brief aggression had been met in a away she hadn’t expected. She wasn’t really sure what she would have expected. Acting on instinct in a moment, she had chosen to let her emotions rule and was quickly met with a thunderous snarl from Wraith. The small wolf jerked backwards in fear as she slowly did start to realize that her actions would have severe consequences and now as the large wolf stood over her, fangs bared and clearly explaining exactly what she had been ignoring, though it had come from a lack of knowing some very basic social cues and signals.

<I> They’re right..</I> She slowly realized with the large obsidian mountain still snarling. <I> Our own stupidity will get us killed..</I> A small whimper escaped the small wolf as her tail fell down between her legs, unsure what to do now, she did the only thing that really seemed natural. She wasn’t suicidal or stupid enough to try and attack Wraith or Niq’x and in a weird twisted sense that she’d noticed later, they had taught her something. Still there were many questioned that she had, and realizing that staying by this point would only bring unneeded feelings, the chocolate black wolf turned tail and ran, her paws crunching over the snow as she disappeared into the forest.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno

The sudden aggression shown by the inky male came as a surprise, but was welcomed all the same. The raven yearling clearly was not equipped to understand the social cues of others, which could prove dangerous in the future. She was lucky that the aggression shown toward her had not been more physical or she could have been returning to her den with a missing limb. As the large, obsidian male stood over the timid creature it appeared Sylva finally came to her senses. With her tail tucked between her legs, the yearling turned and ran, her dark shape quickly disappearing into the trees.

Blinking slowly, the otter glanced over at her dark companion. “Well, that was interesting,” she said suddenly, breaking the silence that had fallen over them. Their light-hearted encounter had quickly gone sour with the presence of the espresso coloured female; she had hoped that the male did not have ill-feelings toward the sea wolf as well.

It was strange that the chocolate yearling had no concept of how to interact with those she did not know. If a wolf like that had arrived on the borders of the Coola wolves they would be quickly turned away, or attacked for their foolishness. While the sea wolves were easy-going, they also depended on the loyalty and sanity of their members. They were a large pack that occupied a large territory; they could not afford a loose screw. Niq’x hoped that she would not have to encounter the strange female a second time — clearly once was enough, as Wraith was obviously rattled by their second interaction.

“I’m Niq’x, by the way.” It seemed like an appropriate time to introduce herself now that the girl had gone.

Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

A harsh, yet satisfied, snort emitted from the black wolf's maw as he watched @Sylva flee with her tail tucked. As she should, he thought angrily. Clearly, he'd been too gentle with her before. He wouldn't make the same mistake again with her.

Wraith sighed, relief filling him as now only silence surrounded the pair left. With the young wolf's voice no longer constantly spilling out carelessly into space, the Willow Ridge male turned towards the sea wolf and he smiled at her words. "Sorry about that," he mumbled, hoping he hadn't frightened the agouti female as well. It wasn't usually his nature to react so aggressively, but when it was well deserved, the male had no qualms in dishing it out.

"It is nice to meet you, @Niq'x, despite the circumstances." He smiled a bit wryly. "I'm Wraith, but I suppose you already knew that." Thanks to someone's loud mouth. "You were interrupted before. Where is it you hail from, if you don't mind me asking?" The male went back to digging out the stone meant to break the ice as he had been before Sylva's untimely arrival. Finally, the stone was freed and he nudged it towards the river bank. Though it wasn't all that comfortable on his teeth, he lifted it all the same before letting it drop against the ice. A satisfying crack reverberated against the nearby trees, encouraging the male to lift the stone and drop it again until it no longer remained on the ice's surface, but broke through and sank to the bottom. He shared a grin with his companion, pleased that her advice had been so handy. It was a trick he would keep in mind for next time.