(See All?) Announcements
494 Users Online
Bing, Google

Morning Breaks — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by slimestone who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Darkmoon

The silence lingered between the two as they searched the field for any signs of thawing carcasses. Darkmoon kept respectably behind her, deferring to her knowledge of the area and experience in the hunt. However, finding no trace or evidence of meat, the she-wolf paused to speak to him. He wondered why they had stopped, but had a sinking feeling that the lack of progression in their search had something to do with it. Already, the sky was growing brighter, and the field began to take on a subdued colour. His lip jutted forward stubbornly at her remark, ego slightly bruised. He really was not much of a talker, especially about personal things - and the reason for his coming here was still too hurtful, too fresh in his mind - but he felt it was a criticism, so it affected him all the same. Her obvious dismissal of him, however, made him angry. He did not mean it to, but the weeks of hunger had frayed his temper, and left him vulnerable to overreacting.
    "I may not be much of a talker," he hissed, his voice low, "but at least I don't throw around empty promises then dump wolves after I'm done with them." His lips were slightly peeled back as he came around to face her, tail wagging low and sharp. He knew it was unreasonable, and his insult was hollow and child-like. In truth, he had meant to do just that to the she-wolf: follow her to a meal, take his share, then leave. However, the scenario reverberated strongly with him, and coupled with the ache of his stomach and weariness of his mind and limbs, he was unable to think clearly or assess his behaviour. The she-wolf had actually been rather kind to invite him on her forage, and perhaps it was this unconscious realisation that caused him to calm down slightly, his anger boiling away to fear. Voice rising with anxiety, "How am I-" supposed to go on, he was going to say, but shut his mouth before he could finish. He could not show weakness to this wolf. He looked at her silently a moment, body rigid and awkward, before flicking his tail and turning the way she proposed. "Very well," he said in conclusion, trying to put on a brave face before heading off to the west.

@Morganna
[Image: darkmoon_avatar_by_pearcrumbs-d9xt32f.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

A single brow arched at his accusations "I didn't promise yer a thing, I asked if yer wanted ter help me try ter find some easy scavengin', if I took yer home with an attitude like that they'd chew yer up and spit yer out within the hour." It was delivered harshly but it was well intentioned advice. "Yer might have more luck where the cedar trees grow tall," she called out, the smirk only crossing her face after her words had been spoken. They were a bunch of bleeding hearts weren't they? After all they had taken in Piety and Titan, perhaps he'd fit right in.

Having watched the loner until he was out of sight she turned back towards the willows, regretting how early she had pulled herself out of bed and for what? Perhaps this afternoon she would manage to steal herself a nap, but she didn't like her chances.

-end-

@Darkmoon don't forget to claim LP!
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]