(See All?) Announcements
574 Users Online
Google, Bing

What they all see — Cors Ossum 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Leila who has 7 posts.
Inactive
Soren Ignatum
The female ears flicked back in disappointment and then swiveled forward again as she regretted showing her emotions so clearly. This male was a complete stranger, and she should have expected this reaction. Soren wasn't experienced with socializing in this setting and felt indebted to this wolf for aiding her. She did not rise from her seated position, but regarded him thoughtfully as he spoke. Her gaze was fixed, and his words caught her interest. This male was quite strange, but his request was stranger. She thought that perhaps she understood its purpose. He wanted to be isolated. And she could aid him in ensuring other lone wolves did not travel this way by spreading this rumor. It wouldn't be difficult to believe, as this place was dark and occupied by the dead. It was an odd request, and it was one that made her more inclined to stay and interview him. His scent and appearance were off-putting, but not threatening. The female wondered what his history was. And yet she felt he would be extremely unwilling to communicate these things to her, and since he had helped her, she was hesitant to cause him discomfort. She didn't speak for a long moment, his request seeming to echo in the still air. She tilted her head slightly, as if she was awaiting something further, but at last she responded.

"I will abide by your request," she replied slowly. "But I must ask you if you would permit me to rest here for a while. I regret asking this favor of you, as you have already done me the honor of offering your own kill. I don't ask for any secrets you may keep, just that you might talk with me a while? Or let me sleep?" She knew she could not travel far before needing rest, and she was aware that her loneliness was starting to eat away at her. She felt that he might decline, but knew that at worst, he could ask her to leave. "When I do move on, I will tell all I encounter about sickness here, if that is what you desire." And she would. True to her word, she would spread the rumor in exchange for his hospitality.
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Icicle Whitefang
@Soren ! I was wondering if you’d like to wrap the thread up with Soren’s next post?

A soft sigh escaped Icicle as the smaller dark furred wolf agreed to his request, it could have been a sigh of relief or regret...or maybe both. At her last request, his head shook slowly “Rest here as long as you need to, I wouldn’t turn someone away.” There was a hint of bitterness and sadness in the wolf’s tone at the very irony. Here he was, a reject in every form of the word in a position to accept or deny someone into his own little sanctuary. The decision though had been made long ago. Icicle would never be like the other Whitefangs, judgmental and rejective of those that were outsiders or different.

“I’m sorry that I cannot help you more, but for the talking…[/b] He paused for a moment, thinking it over before shaking his head. “I’m sorry but no.” It just hurt too much for him. The pain and rejection he felt every time he opened himself just a little bit was far more painful than the throbbing in his joints from moving and the searing glare of the sun’s heat. He just {I}couldn’t[/b] risk it anymore. Though it hurt just as much to reject such a request, Icicle sighed again as he settled down on his side.