(See All?) Announcements
232 Users Online
Google, Bing

dare escape and learn the price to be paid — Kettle Pot Pond 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vet who has 88 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora
It was curiosity that sent Zerxes back into old pack territory. Curiosity had little to do with the body he'd left behind of ones of his father's newest recruits; that was just for fun. Either way, he'd found out what he wanted to know. @Camio had been chased out for killing a sibling. Hot damn, the runt had done it! A warm, salmon tongue licked lazily along his muzzle as Z continued tracking down his younger brother.

Ever since his own banishment, Z had found his way in the west, killing when it pleased him and causing trouble between packs whenever it suited. The lanky male had delighted in bringing about ruin to entire packs with even a single act. He'd lost count to how many wars he'd caused. Well, that was a lie. He hadn't. Four. Four wars in three years. He was hoping to up that number to four per year, but he had a lot more ground to cover for that sort of thing. And what sort of war monger would he be without followers?

That's where Camio came into play. Banking on his brother's puphood admiration for him, Zerxes intended to beguile his mini-me into joining the game.

His targets were ones of convenience rather than research. Z rarely stuck with plans, opting instead for spontaneity to up the wow factor of his actions. As such, any pack scent he came across was a delightful opportunity. Aside from learning his little brother had come this way, Z had also heard of the relative peace the packs within Relic Lore lived in. That would change.

The lean rouge and tawny male ambled his way right through the middle of a herd of musk oxen, delighting in the way they scrambled away from him and forged a path. Like royalty! One day, wolves would react the same to his presence. One day soon.

He was close. Camio's scent was faint on the wind, but not stale. Z lifted his red and cream muzzle skyward and gave his distinct melodic howl he had no doubt Camio would recognize. With his summoning complete, the agouti male settled his frame along the edge of a rather large pond, paws a hairsbreadth away from dipping into the water.
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
Details about situation with Celandine left vague

He'd been lingering in these lands. Meeting pretty faces and seeing pretty things. But there was something different about today. The younger Zamora could feel it in his blood. Something was putting him on. Maybe he was just being superstitious. Settling somewhere in the fields he noticed a movement from the creatures off in the distance. "Likely just a shifting herd." He reassured himself. Besides, he only knew of bigger predators and the few wolves in this area were what he should be concerned about. Right?

But there it was. A voice that sent shivers down his spine. Hackle hairs raising lightly as he jumped to his feet. That voice was too familiar. The voice that had practically raised him more than his parents. Looking around he couldn't exactly make out the familiar face but he knew where to run to. Taking off at a high pace the Zamora felt an open smile strike his face as his tongue hung out. "Z!!" He couldn't believe it! As the two Zamora's got closer, Camio seemed to lose all his mature sense.

Once close enough to touch each other the younger brother's tongue met the elder's chin. Camio even seemed as affectionate to pump his head to @Zerxes shoulder. "Yo-you found me!! How?!"
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora
He didn't have to wait long. The runt never did want to disappoint him; a fact that had Z's smile stretching wide. It was good to know he still held so much power over the lad despite their years of separation. The male didn't bother standing. Rather, it was Camio who dipped his head to lick at his chin like a good pup. As he had when the now grown wolf before him was little more than a yearling, Zerxes reached out to grab at Camio's muzzle. The bite wasn't hard, but was reminder enough of who was in charge.

Still, reassuring his brother that all was well between them, he laughed richly. "Did you really think I would leave you on your own? I only just found out about your exile." Another lie. He'd known for months and really had been wandering his way over rather than rushing straight out. But Z was no fool to wipe out the boy's hero-complex. As long as Camio was so disillusioned, he would have power over him and power was an intoxicating thing. He'd been drunk on it for years.

"Your scent is easy to follow," Z said with a shrug, standing now and stretching. He nibbled just beneath his brother's ear at the start of the younger wolf's jaw. "You've grown," he complimented with a smile, feigning pride. It suited his needs; he needed strength at his beck and call.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
The muzzle grab was expected. So like the good little brother he was a swift tail tuck was offered. He knew his place in this relationship. Although this was the only place he'd allow someone to dominate him like his brother did. Listening to his deep laugh roared up one from Camio himself. "They still talk about me, eh? Ain't got nothing better to do!" He was surprised that @Zerxes even caught word of it or that the pack still even sulked over Camio's murder incident. "I'm glad you came to find me, Z." The smallest wag of his tail signified much gratitude and joy.

At the older Zamora's next words the smaller brother cringed. "Guess I'm lucky it's you who found me." He gave a smirk and wolfish wink. "I'm sure we both have a handful of wolves who'd like our hides as den decoration." It was well true. Camio knew many faces both in and out of Relic Lore would love to have his face. He couldn't even imagine if anyone here he actually knew wouldn't eventually want him dead. He was raised to cause trouble thanks to his older brother. Yet if anything Camio was aware that the lessons he had received from Z likely gave him an upper hand in life.

"So what is it that brings you hot on my trail?" There had to be some reason his brother came for him. It was obvious to both of them the elder brother could easily hold is own alone.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora
There was that familiar shine in @Camio's eye. Were it not a useful trait, the boy's loyalty, it would have annoyed him. In reward, Z gave his brother's forehead a gentle lick. Giving a little can go a long way, he'd learned. At the younger wolf's boast, Z raised a curious brow. "Made a name for yourself, have you?" Conspiratorially, he bent to whisper in Camio's ear. "Word of advice, little brother - if you don't let them live, they can't come after you later."

Amused, he lifted his head and sat in front of the lad. "Obviously, what brings me here is you. More importantly, what brings you here?" Zerxes could smell evidence of a nearby pack. Had Camio been hoping to join the ranks? Ahhh...hadn't he taught him better than that? Well, one was never too old for a lesson. If he intended to join, Z figured he might as well make use of it. If not, well, maybe convincing him would be the next step. What better way to tear apart a pack then from the inside?

Half-formed plans swirled in his mind while vicious glee dazzled in the wolf's green eyes. Z never had been good with sticking to plans, but perhaps he could make an exception and go for the long-haul on this one. Maybe a bit of reconnaissance on Camio's part would let him know just how stable the nearby pack's hierarchy truly was. How delightful it would be to see it topple down to the ground. There was little Zerxes enjoyed more than tohubohu.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
Wide smiled from the lick faded as his brother's whispered words lingered. He nodded softly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid. He taught you better." He was upset with himself more than anything. Now he looked back on it, those who would know of such bad intentions the lighter colored Zamora held, and saw he would have a possible big list of wolves to kill like his brother advised.

"Well honestly, I have lots of unfinished business in these lands." A light shrug was offered as Camio planted his rump into the ground. "There are lots of things we have to catch up on, although a would recommend a different time and place." He knew better than to trust an open field. Words would travel on the wind. Someone would hear, or perhaps no one would. Although you could never be too safe here he had learned. As the saying went; it's better to be safe than sorry.

He looked up at his brother's masked face with a smile. "Have you met any females? Sired any litters?" If Camio could beat his older brother to such a feat he'd feel both weak and proud. Weak for he knew his brother wouldn't want him wasting time with females but proud to have spread the Zamora name into at least one child. That was if Nalda, his only daughter, had chosen to keep the name. He started to ponder if even Nova had held the name or went back to the damned Aquila name. He could have sworn that name was cursed.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora
Warning - sensitive material has had text changed to white. To read, please highlight. Be warned this is highly disturbing material and may not be appropriate for all readers.

Satisfied that his words were heard clearly, Z smiled serenely and nodded in understanding. "It's a learning process," he reassured. He could hardly blame the lad for missing the lesson when he hadn't stuck around long enough to make sure it was cemented, now could he? The eldest Zamora brushed his shoulder almost affectionately against the younger and nibbled at the fur along Camio's back.

A quiet hum of curiosity passed between Zerxes dark lips. "Unfinished business? Well, that's interesting." What mischief could he possibly have been getting into all on his own? Maybe he owed Cam more credit. He clearly wasn't completely incompetent. More reason for him to keep him handy. Inclining his head, Z signaled for Cam to lead on to wherever he thought might be a more appropriate place. "Have you a den nearby then?" Regardless, it mattered little to Z whether their conversation was private or not. Any passersby would simply find themselves in a very unfortunate situation.

He laughed heartily at his brother's question on females and family. Had he spilled his seed into any females? Of course. However, Zerxes rather doubted any of them were able to carry to term, especially since half of them had already had a paw in the grave while the other half were quickly encouraged to join them. Rather than give the brutal, gory details, Z only shook his head. "Can't say I'm a father. What about you?"
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2016, 11:44 PM by Zerxes.)
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
Sorry this took so long :c @Zerxes
Feeling his brother's teeth affectionately grace the fur along his back brought the younger Zamora to ease again. He was happy that there was no roughness from his brother, yet. Every rose had its thorn and Camio knew Zerxes was no exception.

At the other's signal Camio headed closer to the shores of Kettle Pot Pond. It would be a good look out position and seem a lot more casual instead of heading for some den. "No den, but we'll use our resources brother." He smirked and trailed off towards the position of interest. It felt good to have someone almost just like him be with him. Camio could easily say he was over joyed but he couldn't lie about also being concerned. Zerxes was a strong willed man but Camio knew the wolves in these lands could be vicious and would stop at nothing. A smirk laid on his lips as it appeared that the student was become the teacher and vice-versa.

The question being turned to him, about children, and he forced himself to look at his brother. "Only one I stuck around long enough to watch grow up a little." That was his only one. Nalda had been his pride and joy but Camio let his selfish intentions get the best of him. What daughter would want to see her bastard of a dad after that anyways? His brain also slipped to Nova but he had to shove it down within him. He couldn't show weakness in front of an elder brother. It would be frowned upon.

"I'm assuming you're still the same, Z. Bull headed and strong?" He playfully nudged his brother while coming upon the shores of the pond. Taking a seat and looking out across the surface.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora

The boy was bolder than he used to be. It was a mild observation, but one that left Zerxes wondering just how much freedom to allow his little brother. Such freedom could be mistaken for license and license led to a distinct lack of fear. For Z, fear was power. For now, the shared smirks and easy conversation served a good enough purpose for him to allow it to continue without interruption. However, the moment the boy forgot his place and stepped out of line, he was no longer an ally but a liability that he refused to suffer through.

Z stretched out his back legs lazily before walking alongside his brother towards the pond. Hearing of Camio's progeny brought a flicker of interest to his devil green eyes. "Son or daughter?" he wondered idly. Truly, it mattered not. "How old?" That was the real question of interest. Were they old enough to already be set in their ways or still malleable to...influence?

Once at its shore, he dipped his head to drink deeply before lounging upon a nearby boulder with all the regal bearing of a king. While the loner had many delusions, that he was anyone's Alpha was not one of them. It was not a position he aspired for. An Alpha had a duty to his pack. Oh, no. That would not be Zerxes. If anything, he would have followers. Devotees. Pawns in a game larger than themselves, and he the ruler manipulating the pieces on the board to suit his needs.

Z lifted a single brow high as his head dipped down to look at Camio. "Bullheaded?" he asked lightly, though there was a familiar, hard edge in the word. Surely he had not been gone so long that the runt Forgot. Who. He. Was. "Careful," he growled. It would be his only warning on the subject. He doubted the boy would need another. As quickly as the stormy look arrived, it passed on by.

Pale green eyes lifted to peer at the mountain formation in the distance. It was an interesting monolith in an otherwise barren tundra. A pack's scent could be scented even from here - the borders must be relatively close. Wide, he mused. Greedy bastards, weren't they? "Who lives there?"