(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Google, Bing

Can you measure up — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Icicle Whitefang
@Veho and/or @Oula the other thread botched up >.> @Amaryllis may pop in))

Know me for who I am, not what I am

A ghostly white shape threaded it’s way between the widely spaced trees of the Cedar wood Forest. the large wolf moved quietly over the snow, a dead grouse swinging from the colorless wolf’s maw as he moved. His pink tipped nose twitched as he tried to pick up scents beyond the mouth watering aroma of the bird. Icicle had other plans for it, it had been a headache to catch but he needed something to show that he was capable of hunting for what he had planned.

There it is.He sighed with relief as he caught the distinctive scent of a pack’s boundary line. Sitting the piace of prey down with utmost care, he refused to have carried that thing so far without even taking a bite of ti for something to happen to it now. Slowly the large wolf sniffed the air again. There it was, the scent of cedar and evergreens.

Alright...there's the scent @Amaryllis mentioned, here goes nothing.  The pale skeleton inhaled deeply before pointing his muzzle toward the sky and sending out a howl of greeting. After a few moments, he slowly lowered himself to his haunches, settling the grouse between his paws as he sat before the border, closing his pink tinged eyes and waiting.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2016, 12:54 AM by Icicle. Edit Reason: Quote tag. )
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
(OOC: Brian is okay with me tossing her in here. Let me know if you guys don't want her here though ;3)
She was partolling borders, partly for herbs and partly because she wanted to make sure all was safe when the call went up, a greeting at the borders further ahead of her. Her ears perked at the farmilar voice. It was Icicle. She had nit seen the male since their first and last meeting. Was he here to join the pack? She wondered if Veho or Oula would allow him in, given his odd looks and smell. Oula might be on edge with him somewhat, due to possibly sensing a danger out of the large odd wolf.

Beginning to slowly trot towards the destination, she was soon there and gave the male a small huff of greeting, eyes glancing at the grouse at his paws. Good, maybe the grouse would placate her leaders at least somewhat.

"So you decided to join did you?" She questioned him as she paused a few steps away, still within Grizzly Hollow Borders and sounding somewhat blunt but it was needed. While she would put in a good word or two for Icicle, he would have to speak for himself for the most part, if he wished to join. "One or both of my leaders should be here shortly. I would suggest not looking as if you're about to fall asleep." She teased lightly, alert for any indication her leaders would be arriving soon. Why she are so nervous, she had no idea. There was no reason for her to really be here, execpet for curiosity perhaps. She could have taken a detour and gone around. But then, maybe with the odd word or two she could turn the tides on whether he joined or not. And Grizzly Hollow did need the numbers.
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Another day, another call at his borders. It stuck him as odd to find so many arrivals now that the worst of winter was past and spring was beginning to show its first signs. If anything, Veho had expected a few disappearances should spring fever take hold of some of the females, or if some of the lads decided they wanted to chase tail. But the alpha wasn’t about to complain and abandoned his patrol, hoping his partner would leave the stranger to him. Things were different now – he did not want any harm to come to the other lead, nor did he want the change in hormones to result in anything dangerous.

Spring did strange things to wolves.

Arriving a few minutes after the male’s call, ears pricked when he realized Lily waited at the border as well. She was greeted with a short nod before eyes turned to the second wolf – a strange wolf, indeed. White, with red eyes, but his nose insisted this was a wolf, even if not one wholly well. One ear ticked backwards as his tail waved high above his haunches. “Hello,” he rumbled, not willing to cast judgment just yet. “What brings you to my borders?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark
@Icicle

Oula couldn't ignore the howl that sang up from her borders, no sign or signal of something out of the ordinary would miss her watchful eye. And while strangers at her border were becoming a little more ordinary than she would have liked, it was still something she needed to tend to.

The wild, seething feelings that had reigned earlier in the month had settled, though she was still highly protective of her kingdom and it's members. Her scent had shifted, a conspicuous signal that life had begun to stir within her. Her current state had yet to slow her down, still too early for any visual difference. Even then she intended fulfilling all her duties as usual until the last moment. She wouldn't be a shrinking violet that resigned to the den at the first sign of discomfort.

As she jogged towards the border she noted the tracks of Veho and Amaryllis in the snow preceding her. As her nose traced along their pawprints, her flared nostrils caught a scent that was hard to forget, the thin, abnormal musk of that male at Jasper Rocks. Her fur stood on end, and as she arrived her gaze immediately sought Amaryllis and Veho, her examination finding them whole and unharmed.

Oula tread up alongside the other leader, her shoulder nudging the man's flank as she stopped even-shouldered with him, in part to reassure him that she wasn't going to be tackling any strangers. Not yet, at least.

"You again," She growled, angled eyes narrowed as her small brown ears pricked forward towards the white wolf currently seated on their borders. She remembered the sickly looking male, with his blootshot eyes and nose, bones jutting from his patchy hide in a way that suggested more was at work than the wear and tear of winter on a lone wolf. She had already told this wolf off for bothering Pip. Apparently he hadn't had the sense to make himself scarce. "Not more than a week ago, I had shooed this male off for pestering Pip." She explained her distaste of the yearling to Veho, not daring to let the rose-eyed wolf out of her sight as she spoke.

[Image: oula_by_becuffin-dbafpqr.png]
Icicle Whitefang
@Amaryllis , @Veho and @Oula

Know me for who I am, not what I am

His eyes hadn’t been guarded from the sunlight for long as a voice caused the colorless wolf’s ears to prick forward, slowly the pink tinged orbs were embraced in the stinging light of the sun as Icicle focused in on Lily (@”Amaryllis”), a small smile tugged on his salmon pink lips at the sight of the female. It wasn’t from some heat induced sweet scent nor some predatory instinct..Icicle actually enjoyed her company. Lily had been one of the first wolves he had met, and one of the first to remind him that there was a small chance that not all wolves were harsh or cruel.

I still don’t know which category you belong in.. it intrigued the wolf while confusing him in equal portion, on exactly where Lily fit in the knowledge he had, his mind demanded that she must be filed away neatly into one of the sections but just nothing about her fit any of them. She didn’t hate him, she wasn’t scared, she wasn’t trying to get anything from or use him..just..where did she fit? Would his mind need to form some new section for...kind wolves?. It was both a hope and a dread. Icicle knew how most wolves acted around him, he was comfortable with it, being able to gauge and predict most reactions, it’s how he had survived.

His thoughts there, were interrupted by Lily speaking and Icicle angled his ears toward her as he listened. “If their have me, then yes, I would..like to join.” Glancing down toward the grouse, Icicle nudged it forward“Hopefully this can help.” He paused for a moment as she mentioned her leader’s possible close proximity and the fact that he shouldn’t look so tired. A confused look overcame the wolf for a moment as he realized what she had meant. He constantly closed his eyes when he sat down out of habit, it kept the stinging glare of the sun off of them. He could manage the pain that the sun caused yes, but why suffer when you didn’t have to?

The large skeleton like figure pricked his ears as a new wolf came onto the scene. Rose colored eyes strained slightly as he shifted his head to get a better look, the movement though was  done slowly, anyone able to get a close look at the back of Icicle's neck would notice a paste like substance rubbed into his ghostly white fur and bits of red burned skin that was visible where tufts of the fur was missing.

At first the new arrival was nothing but a greying blur as he entered the limited range of Icicle sight, but as he came closer, more features became distinct. Seeing the confident manner and the way he nodded to lilly, Icicle realized that this must be Grizzly Hollow’s male alpha. He opened his maw to explain why he was here when suddenly yet another wolf appeared, judging by the scent, Icicle realized that it was female, and not only that, but the very wolf he had met a little over a week prior when he had encountered the young @”Pip”

Icicle sighed inwardly as Oula claimed that he had been pestering Pip, unable to answer Veho’s question of why he was here. He paused for a moment as he quickly collected his thoughts, this would be his only shot at this, and he needed to trend carefully.

“Good evening to all of you.” He began, each word was spoken slowly, his tone was somewhat higher in pitch then one may have been expecting from one his size. He dipped his head slowly to Oula and Veho “Ma’am, I was not intending to  harass your packmate at that creek, I smelled blood when I was on my way for a drink and I sought to make sure she was alright. When I first arrived, all I saw was a furry shape bleeding, but then you arrived and I realized that she would be taken well care of, so I went on my way without further prompting, I don’t regret interacting with her, no matter how brief it was, to make sure that she was alright.”

He paused for a moment before turning his head slowly toward Veho, the motion was done so as to not trigger the burning sensation from his neck. He had found some Lavender Hyssop before coming here and had tried to apply it the best that he could have , the way he recalled Lily applying it back in the forest.

Icicle dipped his head yet again in apology as he focused on veho “I should have begain with your question immediately, I came here with the hopes of finding a permanent home. Lily, i met a few days ago and she showed me kindness that i did not know still existed, something that I want to repay

[/color]
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2016, 04:25 AM by Icicle.)
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
Amaryllis nodded back shortly to Veho arrived, stepping back and out of the way as her leaders appeared, one after the other. She postured accordingly towards them as she watched the three interact. This was Icicle's time to show whether he was worthy of entering the pack. She would not step in, unless needed and even them it would only be a few words.

However, Oula seemed to be on edge around the male and from the story that had been told, there was something going on between him, Pip and Oula. Perhaps Amaryllis had misjudged this white male's temperament at first? It was easy to dupe someone, if one knew what they were doing.

"What he says of our meeting is true," She said once he finished explaining how they had meet. "It was when I was looking for some herbs to bring back for the cache. I offered to help, since he seemed to be in some pain from his sunburns." She also wanted to add that he seemed too kind hearted to do any sort of harm to anyone but she was not there when he met Pip so she could not know what had truly gone down. Not to mention her loyalty ran to her leaders first and foremost so she said no more.

This was Veho and Oula's duty, not hers, to decide to either accept or deny Icicle entry to the pack. She would accept whatever decision they would make, regardless of her own feelings, which were bubbling slowly inside her.

Only a few more weeks. Amaryllis told herself silently, stamping down on them. I do not want to be chased out of this pack because of one stupid mistake, unintentional or otherwise. She had found a home, a safe one. Whatever it was she felt for Icicle, friendship or otherwise (and she hoped it was just friendship), would always come in second to her pack.
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Alas. It was as if Oula had read Veho’s mind, and promptly told him where he could shove those concerns. He withheld his dry look, instead favoring his partner with a gentle bump of their shoulders as she drew up beside him. He might have offered an affectionate nibble as well, but deciding he wasn’t quite sure how the woman would handle that, kept his mouth to himself. Before the stranger answered his query, she made it quite clear she’d not been impressed when they’d met before – and this did not bode well with the king. Oula might have been a harsher judge of character, but he still trusted her ability all the same. “I see,” he murmured quietly, head ducked. “Let us see what he has to say.”

He could, if nothing else, listen.

Ears flipped back forward as the youth began to speak. For his poor condition, he chose words well enough, and Veho remained silent throughout the entire explanation. One ear flipped to the side, pointed at Oula. He grunted softly. Of the two of them? He’d have probably answered Oula first, as well.

“I see. I am pleased to hear my subordinate has made a positive impression upon you. She speaks well of you-” Amaryllis was acknowledged with a nod of his head “-but I must ask. What is it you could do for this pack, ocne your debt to Lily has been repaid?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark
@Icicle

Oula stared blandly as the peculiar wolf explained himself. As much as he didn't regret having sought out Pip, Oula just as equally did not regret having shooed him off in the first place. Lone males had no business sniffing about tiny, injured dames. Just what would he have done if she was injured, or worse? Evidently he was no healer, or else he wouldn't have needed Amaryllis's help. The thought of the sickly male touching her and spreading the... whatever it was he had managed to contract nearly made her shudder. And sun... burns?! However one managed to get burned by the sun, Oula did not know, nor did she wish to.

Oula exhaled slowly, whatever sour things that might have left her tongue stalled as Veho spoke up with a diplomatic query to the the boy's usefulness. "I can't say I find you any more trustworthy than I did previously." Oula added curtly. Explanations did not always align with intentions, and words were just that, words. His excuses did not pardon him yet. "You would have to prove me wrong should you stay." She said with a slight wrinkle to the top of her snout, the tips of her teeth flashed in threat should he fail. She would watch him closely.

[Image: oula_by_becuffin-dbafpqr.png]
Icicle Whitefang
 @Oula @Veho @Amaryllis

A deep breath exhaled from the large frail wolf as Veho asked him the one thing he had been scared to answer. What can you offer to the pack?.

This would be the moment where he would try and seal his own fate. For so long the chalky wolf had been forced into  victim of circumstance, his looks, his weaknesses, all of it had been out of his control, but here, with a few words, he could choose his own path and seize life by the throat. At the same time though, the thought filled him with dread. This path would lead him far outside of his comfort zone, the knowledge and tactics he had developed to live a secure life, unsafe, but secure proved to be useless with almost every wolf of Relic Lore he had met.

Before he could think further on it though, Oula spoke up, in a strange way though this gave Icicle a sense of twisted comfort. This was a wolf he understood, she felt right in line with the type of wolves he was used to dealing with.

“Ma’am.” He started slowly, inhaling deeply so his higher pitched voice could be heard clearly “I would expect nothing less, and that is all I can ask for.” A chance to prove himself was all Icicle really could hopeful, he was a poor hunter at best, he never even dared to run, the pain it would generate caused him to shudder in fear, so any type of skill involved in that was out of the question on what he could contribute. Here was his chance to take his own life into his paws. Icicle slowly opened his maw to speak, to place himself in the open “Sir..all I can offer is myself, I don’t want there to be a sense of mistrust or unbiased promises from me so...here I go. The very light hurts me sir, my ability to hunt is hampered severely by this.” He lowered his muzzle toward the Goarse set between his paws. “I caught this yes, but it was hard.”

I hope this is worth it. Icicle sighed, he revealed one thing and soon after pausing for air he spoke about the next issue “I don’t want to be a burden to any pack, I want to earn my own place, to truly belong even with the things that plague me, the very light hurts my eyes, most of the day I walk because my bones hurt frequently, I’ve been harassed, attacked and chased off simply for how I look, what I’m looking for is a home where that won’t happen, and in return, I can only give you the honest me to do with as you two see fit.”

As the ghostly wolf finished speaking, he felt a mix of emotions within, so vulnerable now that he shared so much about himself, and so far out there, there was nothing left he could do but wait. Slowly his light pink gaze closed, both as he await a verdict and second, to try and minimize the sun’s burning glare.

ThoughtIcicle’s Dialogue
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2016, 01:32 PM by Icicle.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity