525 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel, Finley

Still cleaning this gun — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

It was undeniable there would be a lot of mouths to feed this spring. Like the man he always aspired to be he would rise to the challenge, do so without complaint, despite only a few of those being his own doing. Surely no one could say he didn't have a soul, but if he ever met the sperm donors he would like to think he would leave them with little to procreate any more. Worthless bastards.... There was little to be done, and in the end he would take care of his pack. He only wished there were more veterans in the Bend that were not expecting.

Triell and Serach was outnumbered by young and inexperienced. In this moment he felt like cursing Drestig and Jessie for skipping out. Their presence, and expertise would have helped him feel more confident. But, it wasn't their fault nor responsibility either so he forced in a long breath trying to clear all thoughts of them from his mind. He had to look at this logically, and strategically. They surely had numbers, and the soon to be yearlings were not without some kind of knowledge. They could do a lot of herding, and dodging. Yes, it was time to see how well this new unit could work together. Where their strength and weaknesses lie.

All right, what he really needed to worry about right now was prey. No prey, there would be no hunt. The dark wolf padded further from the Bend, recollecting the map in his mind. The herds were migrating, and the caribou could be swinging back this way or mother deer and their fawns. Suddenly he stopped, the air of the wood pulled into his lungs and he focused on the information it brought. No, nothing yet. Damn, if it wasn't one thing it was surely another.

Triell Tainn
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

The boy had been wandering here and there for the past week or so, not quite sure what to be doing but sure he needed to be doing something. It was not a secret that Spieden’s pups had been born, a visit having been earned or at least a quick pass and mumbled congratulations from likely every member in the pack. Now, there were two more mouths to feed and Naira and Aponi would likely be bedding down for the long haul just the same before too long. He’d tried to catch as many rabbits and other small prey as he could, filling and creating new caches here and there and going along the borders. Anything to keep him busy and to make him feel more comfortable with the invisible weight that had suddenly collapsed onto his powerful shoulders. Instinctually, after he had come back with Hal from the lake, he had felt his shift in ranks like a powerful gust of wind in his face. He was no longer a pup, he’d braved an entire year of life and with such a feat came even greater challenge.

Out and about as ever, finding it difficult to stay in one spot for any long period of time even if it were to sleep, he was passing through the territory on his way to the outer borders farthest from the communal den. It tended to be his favorite place to go, farther away from the hustle and bustle of others and somewhere that he could spend time in peace. As he was going, the scent of Hal’s father blew across in the wind.

Kino had yet to have any real formal conversation with the man, and it was something that he had also been partially avoiding for reasons he didn’t quite understand. Of course, now that the man had risen into the rank as the patriarch he knew sooner or later he’d have to have a confrontation. So, after pausing for a moment he’d decided to follow the trail and see what the man was up to. He came across Triell paused in the wood with a particularly displeased look on his face. For what reason, the silver yearling had no clue though it seemed that he might have been scenting for something. A low woof was given in prior greeting, alerting him to his presence as he approached.

Having not been up close to the king before, the lad had had no clue about the true size of the man. It seemed that they matched eye to eye in height, both of them of larger build but while the dark man was broader and brawnier Kino was more barreled and lean of stature. Still, there seemed to be a length that the king had on the boy and it made the ex-prince wonder how he could have produced such a tiny girl as his daughter. A bow of his head was given as he came to a stand-still, posture relaxed and lowered accordingly to their ranking differences. “Sir,” he addressed, before lifting himself up again. “Is there anything I can help you with, perhaps?”

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Positive, think positive. If he let this mood continue it wouldn't do any damn good. Inhaling a long breath, front paw hung in the air as he went to change course. Suddenly, there was a sound that belonged to a young man that caused him to turn, eyes sharply taking in his large silver form. The Tainn was a little taken back by his presence, but wasn't about to send him away. Since he was Sahalie's friend he had hoped to get to know him better. There hadn't exactly been opportune moments.

Honestly, Triell had no real problems with the yearling. Alastor kept a bit to himself, saying very little, but the Tainn had found he pulled his weight, and that spoke volumes. The only pressing issue was his history, and if he really had no where else he rather be. Yet, being an orphan himself he wasn't about to breech that topic any time soon. While literally they saw eye to eye, the dark wolf still saw a boy. One that was on he cusp of adulthood, but still learning.

Swiftly, the yearling caught up to him. The brute remained at a standstill, orange-yellow eyes meeting his. Respectfully he was greeted, formally spoken to, and part of him wanted to grin about that. But, Alastor seemed to do so for sensible reasons. Though he wondered if he felt intimidated under the circumstances. He knew he talked to Sahalie with ease, but was curious what he thought of him.

A smile came easy to his dark muzzle, though the question could have rubbed him the wrong way, it didn't. Alastor was volunteering to help, and this was a chance for them to be better acquainted. "Could always use the help. I'm hoping to find something to hunt with all the bellies that need it. I haven't had any luck.  Have you noticed anything around here? Any signs of deer or caribou? I'm sure between the two of us we ought to be able to bring something back."

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2016, 04:58 AM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
To make it as fair as possible, I decided to roll for success as Kino scenting a deer and caribou. He will find both. Next, I rolled for either being sick or injured. The deer rolled for healthy, while the caribou rolled for sick. I then rolled for age on the caribou, and it came out as old! Looking good for them! @Triell

Kino waited to see what kind of reaction the man might have, waited to see if he’d managed to do something right for a change. Instincts and common sense had told him what to do when greeting a leader, but Triell wasn’t just a leader. He was also a father, specifically the father of the boy’s best friend and he wanted to make as many good impressions as possible. The king had seemed like a good man from the impression that Kino had gotten from afar, and as the meeting progressed he was able to get the same impression. The dark man smiled, and the yearling knew with no doubt in his mind that this was definitely, in fact, the father of Sahalie Tainn. A small grin of his own settled onto the corners of his lips and his auds swiveled forward attentively as he spoke.

Ah, so he’d been attempting to hunt. It was a task the boy was very familiar with, having felt like he’d hunted down every last rabbit and squirrel within the spectral woods. Yet, they still kept managing to pop up. He had no complaints about it of course, considering they had many new mouths to feed. Or, rather would once they were able to eat solid food. His brows rose in surprise as Triell asked for his opinion on the matter, stunned that he would be asking him such a question. Still, this was a chance to prove himself and he wasn’t going to blow it. Stilling, he opened his jaws slightly and took a deep breath, sorting through the hundreds of scents he picked up from the world around them. Big things they needed, not the stupid little rabbits and squirrels like usual. No, they needed something actually worth something. He honed in on a woodsy scent that he knew, like sweat and grass. It was a deer, its exact age he couldn’t possibly know without looking at it directly, but he could tell that it was female. The next was more musky, like freshly rubbed bark and…something he couldn’t quite pinpoint. It was a sharp scent, something he would describe likely as bitter if they were to use taste. But, it was discernably caribou.

He turned to the king, tail giving a small swish behind his lean silver frame. “There’s a deer, I don’t know how old it is or anything but it seems pretty fresh. There’s also a caribou but I think it smells a little funny. Kind of…bitter?” While there was a lot the knowledgeable boy knew, this was not one of them. Sickness was not something he was too familiar with.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Thanks for doing that. :D Lucky them! I will be a bit quicker at this. <3 @Kino

The lad's grin though small, set well with Triell. He didn't need a nervous Nelly at the moment. Though the Tainn didn't mind making someone squirm now and again, he saw no reason Alastor should. Even if he felt the pressing temptation to see how he did under pressure.

The dark man's grin only grew at the young man's bemusement. Maybe, where he came from others didn't care for the opinion of the young. Why that felt disturbing to Triell, he considered he had been raised differently. Ruiko,Indru, even Corinna had always considered Triell's thoughts in matters. He had never thought to do it differently. A world where Sahalie's voice wasn't heard wouldn't have been a good one.

His dark face stilled as it became clear Alastor was trying to find what they needed. It was the Tainn's turn to be a little taken back. Brows rose, eyes wide. "Wow, I don't think anyone's had a nose like that since Jessie," he murmured, deep tone clearly sincere in his praise. "What your smelling from the caribou is some form of sickness. It must be miserable, or not far death." Fate was giving them quite the luck today, and Triell wasn't going to pass it up. " You lead the way, and I'll follow."

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2016, 03:57 AM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health