(See All?) Announcements
518 Users Online
Google, Bing

this is what it feels like — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 55 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno

The otter quickly dismissed his apology with a quick wag of her tail. She had been on the verge of acting out aggressively as well, Wraith had just beat her to the punch — which she was thankful for. While the sea wolf was not afraid to speak her mind, or dish out sarcastic, snarky remarks, she preferred to keep the physical aggression to a minimum. She was not a violent wolf by any means, unless provoked of course. This stranger — Sylva — had almost cracked the otter’s calm exterior and she hoped that they wouldn’t cross paths again any time soon. The girl needed to learn how to properly interact with strangers without making a fool out of herself, or ignoring social cues. It could get her hurt — or killed one day.

Not my problem, she mused to herself, lips tight as she studied the golden-eyed Wraith as he spoke, introducing himself. She smiled at the comment and gave a soft roll of her shoulders to show her indifference to the situation. The sea princess was thankful he had remained after the raven’s departure; he was much more pleasant to be around.

A question came next, the male’s curiosity returning as he asked where she was from. She allowed the air to grow still once more before she gave her answer, relishing in the silence that hovered around them. “Northwest of here — far west,” she started as she watched the male nudge his stone to the edge of the river. She was surprised that he had actually taken her advice, but it made sense; she had already proved useful to him once with the ice-tongue incident. “My family lived in an area called Bella Coola on the coast, living mostly off the sea.” Another pause, her lips curving downward as a frown fell onto her maw. “I woke up here a few weeks ago with no memory of how I got here, along with a few of my packmates. We’re trying to find our way back.” She fell silent once more as she watched the shadow drop the stone repeatedly on the ice until it fell through, exposing the water beneath. She returned the shadow’s smile with one of her own as he tail wagged frantically behind her.

[Image: niqsig2_zpsa7puxlxp.png]
[Image: niqsig1_zpsuyvllbs3.png]
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
*replies a day late and forgets starbucks as well* Sorry it took me so long, friend! :C

Without delay, Wraith dipped his head to lap at the freezing water of the river, finally quenching his damnable thirst. A salmon tongue darted out to lick his lips while water dripped slowly from his chin. No doubt by the time he made it back to Willow Ridge territory, he'd have himself a nice, frozen beard in his thick black fur. Canting his head a bit, Wraith stepped back to allow @Niq'x to drink from the river as well.

He was quiet with consideration, trying to picture this place she hailed from. The brute had to wonder if this Bella Coola was as far north as his own homelands. She'd reiterated that it was far westward, but the male had only the north - and these lands surrounding Willow Ridge territory - to compare to. He was far from well traveled; the only long distance journey made had been the one fleeing home until he ran straight into @Craw. A momentous day, to be sure.

Her story was a strange one. For several wolves to be transported to foreign lands without recollection of how they came to be there had to involve powerful forces indeed. Wraith had never been much of a religious man. He praised his parents old gods, but put little stock in them in his day to day life. But perhaps they were more real than he could have ever imagined possible before. "That sounds unnerving," he admitted. Wraith was just fine without anything else interrupting his life. Ghosts were plentiful enough without the addition of gods. "I hope you make it back there. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the lands. I'd not go farther south of here if I were you, though. My pack is not very kind to strangers. I'd hate for you to get caught up in any of that." Any of that being an on-going war for power, subterfuge and backstabbing. It was well and truly uncomfortable. In truth, he hoped he never grew comfortable with such things. It would say too much of his changed character.

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno

The sparrow coloured yearling dipped her head to the river after the darker male pulled away. With her velvet ears pinned to the back of her skull as she stood tall once more, his mismatched eyes studying the older wolf. “It’s a truly remarkable place,” she commented, almost speaking to herself as she thought of the familiar waves crashing against the rocky shore she called home. “If you ever wander away from this place and find yourself there I’d be happy to teach you how to fish ocean salmon.” A wide grin replaced her previous sullen expression as he tail wriggled with excitement. She could practically taste the salty ocean air on her tongue as nostalgia consumed her.

Nodding softly at his words the frown returned, her cream coloured paws shifting uncomfortably over the cold ground beneath them. “Thank you,” she murmured quietly, the black tip of her tail twitching in gratitude. While his next comment about the pack he belonged to not being fond of strangers was unsettling, it was also appreciated. Niq’x knew there would be a pack or two to avoid in these strange lands — luckily there was one she would never have to encounter thanks to Wraith’s advice. “I’ll be sure to steer clear,” she responded with a crooked smile, before sharing her voice once more: “I’ll make sure I run into you elsewhere before my family and I leave.” Whenever that was, she thought bitterly to herself as she kept her composed expression, her eyes bright as she met his golden gaze. While the other chocolate wolf had been … interesting, Wraith had been rather pleasant and the otter would not be against seeing him a second time. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2016, 03:24 AM by Niq'x.)
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

Wraith smiled as Niq'x had a private moment to herself as she imagined her homeland. Her offer for ocean salmon fishing only earned a wider grin. "I'd suffice with learning how to fish for river salmon well enough, but you would be the expert." The northerner inclined his head towards her with amusement, but respect was clearly evident in the action as well. It was hard not to respect such a unique skill.

"Be sure that you do," he encouraged. "You could always come calling at the pack borders, but I can't guarantee there wouldn't be others coming to greet you as well. I wouldn't let any of them hurt you, of course." And he meant that. The Willow Ridge Pack were known for meeting wolves at their borders in force, but there was no need for violence in Wraith's mind for a wolf coming in peace. If the others didn't feel the same, he wouldn't mind pitting himself against them should they want to fight for the right to hurt @Niq'x. While Wraith wasn't exactly highly respected, he doubted there were many who would willingly fight the large male just for a chance to fight with a female who'd done no wrong.

"I should probably head back," he said regrettably."But it was wonderful to meet you. I thank you for the polite company. Until we meet again." Nobly, Wraith dipped his head and allowed his tail to wag before finally turning to head off for home once their goodbyes were complete.

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Orabelle "Niq'x" Mizuno
@Wraith ty for the thread <33333 
you too @Sylva! now we can collect points :3

“I suppose I could teach you how to fish for river salmon,” she retorted with a soft wink to the dark male’s comment. The tawny otter was always up for showing others her exceptional skill and teaching them how to master their own fishing techniques. It was not as difficult as it appeared — it solely depended on whether the wolf was afraid of getting a little wet.

She appreciated the male’s kind words. Niq’x had been so reluctant to meet the wolves of this strange place since she arrived, so it was refreshing to meet one as genuine as the fiery-eyed male before her. Sylva had been … unexpected … but at least there were still normal wolves, like Wraith, who inhabited Relic Lore. Maybe, just maybe, this place was not as bad as she had initially thought… doubtful, but possible.

“Thank you,” she responded genuinely as she dipped her head to show her appreciation. “I will keep that in mind when I wander out that way.” While she had promised herself she would not make ties in these strange lands, Niq’x found herself enjoying the shadow’s presence and would not mind bumping into him a second time. But she would keep in mind the unwelcoming wolves that resided among the willows.

A frown tugged at her lips when the shadow spoke once more, announcing that it was time to take his leave. She knew it was bound to happen and it was foolish for her to be disappointed. She had her own family to tend to, she shouldn’t be moping about parting ways with a stranger. “And it was wonderful to meet you as well,” she chirped back with a wag of her tail as she stepped away from her sort of friend, a smile replacing the frown she had worn. “See you soon!” She called over her shoulder as she loped through the trees in search of the lagoon she had been living at with her packmates. The otter truly did hope she would run into the dark male again before she left these strange lands.