666 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adora, Hazelnut

Time To Say Goodbye — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
For the lovely @Triell  

And here is a little listen if you're interested. <3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ENX3aHlqU

In a way, she felt like she was cheating herself. The code that she had sworn to live by her entire life, she was now breaking. Another part of her, however, knew that this was the right choice. This was what needed to be done for her own sanity. Jessie had always felt tarnished on this side of the mountain and when Ice disappeared a dark cloud of depression had descended upon her. The only remedy: Hotei and now he, too, was gone. She had tried to get better and succeeded but had only done so with Drestig by her side. Without him, she did not know what she would do and she knew that if she were to remain in Oak Tree Bend with some of the wolves that she could not even bare to call family, she would be condemning herself to her own misery.

The pepper-and-salt colored woman had consented to going with Drestig, to being his partner, but still something held her back. The widowed Tainn knew what it was and had been open with the dark man about it. It just took time for her to be able to have enough courage to face him, terrified of what he might think of her now that she was breaking her own morals, betraying the pack that she had helped found and built. After all, she was one of the only remaining founders and she felt like she was letting so many of her past friends down by leaving. What would they say to her if they saw her now? Ice and Marsh? They were who she pondered the most about, never knowing what fate had awaited them, truly comfortable thinking that both of them were long dead now.

She had told Drestig that this confrontation was something she needed to do on her own. Triell was like a brother to her and his opinion meant more than anything. After all, she was leaving him without a mate, without a brother, and now she was leaving. She was one hell of a friend and a shitty sister. Far enough away from the borders, she took several deep breaths to steady herself, unsure of how this meeting would go, unsure of how her heart would feel after it. And then…when she thought of Drestig, she knew that even if Triell condemned her to whatever her future held, she would be happy with him. With this in mind, Jessie let out a low howl for her brother, confidant, and oldest friend that remained within the Lore.

Jessie Tainn
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Sometimes it just has to be like this

They both took their leave, and the matter was settled. Why he wanted to have his own words with the pack, he knew it was best to let the dust settle. He was going to go his own way when the voice of Jessie called to him what he was certain would likely be the last time. It was with trepidation he trotted to answer her call. He had always hated goodbyes, but he supposed at least he was getting a real one this time. In the end he wouldn't wonder what had befallen her, and Drestig as he did the others.

Silently, he padded toward her, tail slowly beating the air behind him. Yes, he had let them go without holding much bitterness. After all he couldn't hate them for what they hoped to find. Now, it was final. He never thought they would have parted like this. A frown he couldn't hide, he nudged his nose to her silver coat. "Take care of yourself Jessie," he murmured, stepping back to look into her green eyes. He wanted to know she was certain with her choice, even if he already felt he had the answer.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She did not have to wait too long for his arrival but when she saw him, Jessie wished she would have had to. Sadness filled her emerald gaze at the sight of the dark Tainn, his musky scent filling his nostrils for what was probably the last time as she shoved her nose into his neck fur. When he pulled away her neck stretched forward slightly before pulling away, knowing that she had stripped that right away from herself at the meeting. She swallowed, looking into his familiar gaze, a small smile on her lips, despite the circumstance, ”He makes me happy, Triell. I didn't  think I'd be able to be after Hotei...” she broke off. Taking a deep breath, she sighed. The woman hated goodbyes more than anything. She was not one for goodbyes because she was the one that always stayed, the one that never left.

She searched his gaze, ”Will you take care of him for me?” She mentioned in the direction of Hotei's grave. After his death, she had gone every day, to make sure that its sight had not been ruined, that he still prevailed, that it was fresh. She still loved him and a part of her soul would always love him. It had died along side him that night and she was a fool if she didn't acknowledge it. Her mouth was dry. When she spoke again, her voice cracked, ”You will always be a brother to me Triell.” There was so much to say to him and so little time. A pack was waiting for him and Drestig was waiting for her. Jessie just didn't know if she could be the first one to finally walk away, even if she already had.

Jessie Tainn
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
@Jessie <3 long over due sorry. I don't think either of us like this thread >.<

It was their time together, part of Swift River, part of the Bend, a familiy that made this hard. It was nice to embrace, and more so when he pulled back he saw a real smile there. One she had long been without. Maybe, that made it hurt less. Maybe, it made this all hurt more. He knew she was speaking of Drestig, and understood how hard it must have been to say those things aloud. "I know or I wouldn't let you go," he replied, a faint smile to his dark muzzle.

The man easily nodded. "You know I will." There was no question he wouldn't check over his resting spot, thinking not only of him, but of her too. Her words made his throat tighten. "Then that's what I'll always be." He nudged his nose to her cheek playfully, but a sigh fell from his lips. "Please know if you need something to find us again. I..I don't doubt him as your mate, but we all know how shit happens." There was a grin, even if it wasn't quite the same as his usual. He wanted at least her to know when it came down to it he would try to help her should the need arise. Even if a part of him wanted Drestig's stubborn ass to deal with the consequences his choice brought.

There was something more he wanted to ask her, and his eyes cast down. He wondered if she would care to tell him or if they even know. "You going back to the west?"

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

It made her feel less guilty to know that he at least slightly approved of her decision to leave. Happiness was never something that came easy to Jessie and the fact that she was finding it so quickly after what happened was astounding. Relief flooded over here with the knowledge that he would do one thing she knew would concern her while she was gone. Jessie looked over him once more when he pulled away, not buying his playful act for a second. She was almost sure this was a painful for him as it was for her. It was Tainn-like of him to offer such a thing to her after everything that happened and it took everything within her not to laugh. She had seen how everyone looked at Drestig and at her at the pack meeting, the message was clear: she was no longer welcome within the Bend. She was grateful though, ”Thank you, Triell. I'll keep that in mind if something comes up.” Her nose twitched, determined not to become too emotionally invested in this conversation and leave the waterworks for when she was on the road with Drestig.

Triell had claimed them as mates but were they really such a thing? The widowed Tainn viewed them as companions and close friends and Jessie certainly loved him, but the gray coated lady could not go as far to put such a title to their relationship. She did not want to tell the dark man this though, in fear of revoking his blessing. She was silent but Triell's question awoke an excitement within her. Emerald eyes sparkling, she spoke, ”Yes, I believe so. I miss it over there and I've always wanted to explore more of the surrounding areas.” She paused before continuing, ”Drestig is sorry for everything that has happened. But I suppose that's in the past now.” Blinking at the large male again, she spoke one last time, her voice softer, ”You take care of yourself. Don't let any woman wear you down, okay? And if you ever find yourself on the other side of the mountain give me a howl.” She huffed, stepping forward to give Triell one last parting embrace.

Jessie Tainn
(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2016, 03:20 AM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The silver lady didn't bat his offer aside nor laugh at the suggestion. He was at the same meeting, and knew the pack didn't exactly feel all warm and sweet about their departing. But, he didn't think everyone was so heartless if they should see either of them again. For whatever reason. Stranger things had happened. All he could do was nod, also trying to keep his own emotions in check. If there was at least one thing from this goodbye, it wasn't in death. That was something he tried to find comfort in.

For the first time in a long time, he noticed the change in her green eyes. The mention of their old home igniting life within her. It brought a faint smile to his face without thought. Making it easier to let her go.

Dark ears twitched at the mention of Drestig. If anything, he hoped his friend learned from all of it. Was more cautious by his choices. Triell was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Besides, letting it go was a lot easier than keeping a grudge. He wasn't sure if anything could be changed. He really did hope they found what they sought. The Tainn chuckled at her solid advice, stealing one more 'hug'. Hoping this would not be the last time they saw each other. Then he said the only thing he could. "I promise." Why he did not want to see her go, like many others he couldn't hold her here.

{end}