502 Users Online
Google, Bing

poison and wine — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Your mouth is poison, you mouth is wine

It had been strange to traverse the mountain, slide down its slopes, and slip into the arms of the blue misted wood. Back into his familiar coat, back to life. His head had still been a buzz, and his heart swift. This was where he needed to be. Holding onto what was, instead of thinking what could be. His life wasn't anything perfect, but he wouldn't trade it for something else he didn't know would even work in turn. It was better this way, he told himself. Time was making it seem much more like a dream any way. The thoughts of his trip to the grove slipped to the back of his mind. 

The scent of the oak trees, and dampness of earth crept into his nostrils. The Tainn breathed in deeper, finding it cleared his mind, and eased his nerves. Home, he was reminded. With new focus he checked along the invisible boundaries, adding his scent where it lacked. He usually didn't mind help and a follower or two on an evening patrol,but  he was doing this one solo. There was a few other things on his mind.

The season was almost over and with it he saw a chance to finally visit with their allies, Fallen Tree Cove. To actually get to know them, and build their alliance on something more than words. When it came down to it he wanted to have reason and trust to their agreement. Friendship. He was curious how their winter had treated them since compared to others it had been rather mild. And yet a lot had changed since he had last talked to the tawny leader just for the Bend.

A final look over his shoulder he wandered away from the scent of the Bend,  deeper into the woods where it appeared no one else had come and gone. There were a few other things bothering him. Things he couldn't decide how he should feel about.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2016, 08:53 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
She had been with the Bend for almost a year now, and while her stay was only meant to be a temporary one it was clear @Triell had no intention of leaving, so she was content to hold her wanderlust at bay and stick close. She almost thought her heat would pass her by this year (no surprise with her advancing age), but just when she thought the door was closed for good it swung wide open with a blast of heated air. She knew this was her last shot, but did she really want to risk all that she had found here? The trees had grown on her, the soft misty earth. There was something about these woods that was decidedly home.

In an attempt to keep herself under control and not tempt those that remained, Naira had relocated herself outside pack borders, holing up under the hollow tree she had claimed as her own before she joined the Bend. It was a location she often visited when her athritis wasn't so bad and the weather was fine, there was just a little snow to be swept aside before she could make herself comfortable and try to wait this out, but her nose told her someone familiar was approaching.

Her head poked out of her makeshift den, followed by her shoulders and tail. She gave herself a heavy shake as golden eyes sought out the wolf she knew wasn't far away now. "Triell? What are you doing this far out?"
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He would like to think his paws had simply lead him here, and nothing else. Who was he kidding. He was in pain. The black hole of depression was threatening to suck him in again.There was only one here who would understand, help. Sure enough, just as he had presumed she was hiding out in the very log she had a year ago. Though her intentions were far different. Maybe, he shouldn't have come. The idea of balking,  muttering something illegible, and taking off was in the front of his mind. No, some how the muscles in his legs remained frozen, eyes looking for her in the falling light. It was her voice that reached him first, and he swallowed the tightness in his throat.

"I wanted to be sure you were here. That you were all right." Which was true. The lack of her scent around the Bend  he had feared she'd taken off again or worse. Dark ears twisted back in a nervous fashion, yet he took a single step closer.  Hesitance was clear as he didn't want to intrude, but it was his subtle way of asking to come closer. If he was welcome, or if he should back out now. Visit another day. 

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Golden eyes sharply watched the dark wolf as he hesitated, creamy paws moving to close the gap between them and bury her face in the thickest fur around his neck. "Oh come now like I could shuffle off far, you'd catch me." she teased. No there was far too much tying her to the Bend now. She wasn't going anywhere. "I just didn't want to upset the younger ones, its enough for them to deal with trying to process @Spieden's scent, and I didn't want to overstep my bounds...again." @Triell knew how volatile her moods were at the best of times, and her rank did not give her the freedom to stomp around and offer any who crossed her path a face full of teeth. No, it was much safer for her to hide out here, where only he knew where to find her.

"You don't have to worry Triell, I'm not going anywhere. I even spoke to Spieden..." she arched a brow, a small smile playing on her lips as she lifted her muzzle to nibble on his chin. "She doesn't mind me staying if we..." she smiled, unsure of his own thoughts on the matter so late in the season. Perhaps he had found someone else? She couldn't hold it against him but if this was what he wanted, she was willing to give it to him. "I promise I won't run away this time..." her tail swept the ground behind her, fanning her own personal perfume around the small clearing once more. The offer was there, if he wanted to take it.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He wasn't sure what he had expected. It hadn't exactly been this. Still, there was something about her ignoring the distance, planting her nose into his rough where it had often been. He didn't have a reply in turn because he wasn't convinced. Though what she said next had him considering things. Especially, because she seemed respectful of Spieden, and she had stuck around this long...

Bright gaze narrowed, a mixture of discontent and relief. He wondered what had inspired her to do so, or if Spieden had mentioned it. He really didn't want to know he decided. "Oh," was all that managed to come out. There was still a warning light going off, telling him he needed to take caution. With a sigh, he didn't deject to her show of affection.  He glimpsed her face. It had been awhile since she looked happy, like how he remembered her. Teasing, good-natured even. Why someone had caught his eye it hadn't been something he could hold onto. A shot in the dark. While there was a chance for Oak Tree Bend to have a continued future nothing was promised. In a year life could take a three sixty. It was with that thought he felt assured in his own decision in this despite her alluring scent.

"I think you'll have to convince me of that," he murmured, nipping her gently on the cheek. Instead of running away, he brought his head across her neck to show he wasn't about to either.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Once upon a time she might have tried to entice him into a tussle, or a romp through the trees. It wasn't that either of them were beyond it now, but there would be plenty of time for that sort of carry on later. She responded to his nip by pushing her muzzle under his chin, sighing as he draped his head across her neck. Why had it taken them so long to get to this point? His murmur was met with a smile and a sidelong glance as she swung her hip to bump against his. "Oh however will I manage that?" she teased with a breathy voice, lowering her head to nip at his legs and herd him to where she wanted him. 

She was certain he would need convincing long after this, and she would make sure to do her best to not disappoint.

-fade-