(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis, Baidu, Galen

fly through harmony — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
Bella and Duck at the borders of GH, calling for @Veho. But any and all GH wolves are welcome to pop in and see who's at their doorstep whether or not it's before Veho! Including a special notice for @Amaryllis ;) <3
Not going to post with Duck yet, he's just included in this post. Permission was given OoC (and will probably happen IC in a current thread) from Aideen for Bella to visit.

It had been too many months since she had last seen him, the unexpected angel who had twice been there when Bella needed him. Grizzly Hollow, he had said, she had cast it to memory and now she had finally been able to act on it. Her heart wandered to him occasionally, to all they had talked of in the Marsh, and she dearly wished to hear whether or not his unhappy circumstances had improved. To be lovesick was no easy matter, and such a complication situation poor Veho had managed to get himself embroiled in - and no doubt Bella knew less than half of it. But with time, she hoped, had come a happy resolution. It was selfish to want to sate her own curiosity in his business, but more than that, much more, she just wanted to enjoy Veho's company again.

Bella had convinced her son to tag along, eager for him to continue broadening his horizons when it came to social interactions, and what better way than to say hello to members of a pack they were friendly with? Bella had no concerns that anyone in the Hollow were of the ill sort; Rook was too kind-hearted to welcome anyone but the same. The journey south was long but uneventful, and Bella was pleased at how well Duck managed it; pack life suited him excellently. His health was better than ever, and his body stronger. He was a man grown now, though he may have still been easily mistaken for a wolf half his age, and he needed to know that.

As the sun began its slow descent back through the sky, the familiar scent of the pack's borders deep within the cedarwood touched her nose, and the pair stopped. With a glance of encouragement to Duck, who smiled thinly back, Bella tipped back her head and politely announced herself - hoping that Veho would recognise her voice.
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2016, 01:51 PM by Belladonna.)
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
(OOC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in early! had plenty of muse to spare <3)

Grey ears perked as a howl went bouncing around the cedar trees, calling for her leader, Veho specifically. The healer in training was curious as to who was calling at their borders now that spring had arrived. Was it another loner, looking for lodging after winter had rolled its dreary head away? Or a member of an allied pack come to visit? Either way, the woman made her way through the cedar trees to go quell her curiosity. Besides, surely Veho would not mind if she checked to see who it was? She was close after all and it was only a slight detour in her original plan of stockpiling herbs that had slowly begun to grow.

Though truth be told, there had yet to be many gathered, as many were still either growing young plants that would be better given time or hadn’t yet begun to grow. Yes, there were a few fast growing ones but not as big of a choice as she would have liked.

“Hello, how may I help you?” She asked politely as she emerged from the shadows of the tall trees that towered over them. The scent of their woodchips clung to her fur, along with all the other smells that identified her as part of Grizzly Hollow and she wore it like a banner, her tail curled slightly above her back as she studied the women before her and the child that was by her side. Leader, she was not and if Veho did appear,, she would allow him to take over. But for now, she introduced herself. It was the polite thing to do after all. “I am Lily, of Grizzly Hollow.”

The scents of damp moss, wild ginger and a few other scents she could not quite guess clung to both the woman and child so she assumed they both belonged to a pack, so loners they were not.

They were part an allied pack then? She considered, since the woman had called specially for Veho. Did she wish for her son to be tutored in the pack? That would explain why he was there, though he looked young still.

Nonetheless, she waited patiently a few steps behind the borders, waiting for an answer to her question or for Veho to appear at the borders. Whichever one came first.

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2016, 03:34 PM by Amaryllis.)
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
Not at all! <3 still not gonna post Duck yet :]

Of course, the chances of Veho being the closest out of all those who might investigate the call were slim, so Bella was not surprised when she heard somebody approach and it wasn't him. Recognising the scent of Grizzly Hollow (but of course, how else would any wolf emerging from the territory smell?) she bowed her head at the young woman who emerged from the trees, a very reasonable question on her lips. Duck averted his gaze instantly, studying the floor just in front of the pack wolf's paws, tail hung straight down. Bella's own was kept low, of course, but swept gently from side to side, wanting to convey her good manner and friendliness with ease.

"My name is Belladonna. We're from Secret Woodlands," she explained, wondering if the name meant anything to the girl; she was unsure whether the two packs were formally allied or just friendly. Just in case, she clarified with a smile: "Friends." Lily, the woman had said, and a small part of Bella had jolted at the recognition of it, though she knew it as attached to a different girl, a girl close and yet millions of worlds apart from Bella. She hadn't thought about that name in a very long time. Brushing it off, Bella opened her mouth to explain her purpose here when a small voice by her side interrupted:

"'m Duck," the boy muttered, still staring at the ground, and Bella was speechless. Had he just introduced himself entirely of his own accord? Her jaw slackened for only a second before she composed herself with a smile, her surprise great but only fleeting (and very happy); Lily may not have even noticed it.

"Veho is a good friend of mine, I was hoping to pay him a visit now that winter is coming to an end. I trust he and the pack are well?"
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2016, 05:00 PM by Belladonna.)
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
Couldn't help myself :c

Nineva had been close by when the call entered the air, specifically requesting Veho's presence. It wasn't much of a surprise, and not the least bit odd anymore. Even with Rook returned, it didn't seem that the ranks were to change anytime soon, and the arrangement no longer felt temporary. While it was quite likely none of her business, the girl was curious (as always) all the same at who had come knocking, and given her proximity easily swerved her intended direction to meet with the would-be guests.

As she approached, her sense of smell told her that one of her packmates had already answered; one that was vaguely familiar but that she had not taken the time to get to know personally yet. She knew that her place within the Hollow was never meant to be amaranthine, but with the newly-sealed resolve within her heart, the youth cared little to get to know those newest to the ranks. After all; as early as tomorrow night, she might be leaving the pack altogether.

This was why, for the first time in a long time, she did not turn tail when her senses also told her that these visitors were from Secret Woodlands. There was no need to hide anymore, even as she could distinctly smell @Ash upon the woman's coat; the plan was set for the girl to seek out her father herself, tonight. In fact, as she shifted through the hints of knowledge upon the air, her pace picked up; she knew one of them!

Coming into view, Nineva's tail slowly wagged as her head lowered amiably, miscolored eyes darting between the young boy and his mother. They had only met once, but she was still happy to see a familiar face from outside of the Hollow.

Heya! she greeted, specifically to Duckweed, before throwing the accompanying woman a friendly smile as well.

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2016, 09:35 PM by Nineva.)
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
She smiled kindly over to the yearling by her side, Duck as he introduced himself as and tilted her head in acknowledgement. The tilt showed off her scar a little more, the thin pink slice of skin curling up from the bottom of her right cheek and going to just above her right eye. “A pleasure to meet both of you, Belladonna and Duck,” here she paused briefly as the word rolled off her tounge before continuing without a hitch. It was a strange name, to give one’s child but who was she to judge? She had noticed the surprise on Belladonna's face as he introduced himself so she guessed the boy was a shy one. But she ignored it, giving no sign she had even noticed. Best not to make the boy even more shy by making him think his name was strange.

“Though I cannot speak for him fully, the last I spoke with him, Veho was well and so is the pack, though there have been a few minor mishaps.” ]Amaryllis spoke truthfully, for if Belladonna was a friend of Veho and the pack she was from was on friendly terms with Grizzly Hollow, it would not do to tell all sorts of lies to them. Though of course, things could be kept discreet. The incident with Pip and her injuries, plus what had happened with Tomen and the lynx were worrying of course but nothing the pack couldn't handle itself.  

She was curious and wanted to ask just how she knew the leader but was interrupted by another yearling, this one of the same pack as her, drawing up a few steps away and greeting Duck - and still, it felt strange to her, because duck was a bird, it was prey. But she would not show any signs of finding it strange - before the girl was smiling at Belladonna. She had not met this girl yet and wondered who she was.

“I hope your journey was not long,”
She thought to try and at least have a topic out there, to keep the conversation going should it need too. before it petered out and fell flat on its face.
(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2016, 12:14 PM by Amaryllis.)
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

He was starting to get slow, it seemed. Belladonna’s call was met with a great and vast joy, something welling up inside the wolf’s chest at the sound of her voice. The Ancestors had led her to him, and him to her, on more than one account. And while it had saddened him he’d never successfully recruited such a true friend to join the wolves of Grizzly Hollow, he could not help but be glad she was still about, her voice suggesting health, if not happiness.

By the time he arrived at the source of the fair woman’s summons, he found himself beaten twice-over by Lily and Nineva. The elder was given a curious look, not entirely certain he was pleased she was speaking of the pack’s mishaps – but they would share a word later. Belladonna, he was certain, was no threat to himself or any of his.

“My friend,” he greeted her heartily, stepping past his packmates to nudge Bella’s snout. “How long it has been! I must admit, I did not expect for you to seek me out here.” He tipped his head, allowing silver eyes to fall upon the white wolf at her side. Her son, he surmised, remembering her crisis when they had spoken before. It was good to see he was still with her, that nothing had befallen the pair of mother and child. “I see you have met Lily and Filae. What can we do for you, my dear?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
@Ash going to assume that he's told Bella all about his children, Nineva definitely included. There's no way Bella wouldn't have asked about her and helped him look for her, but let me know if that's not ok! Change of situation; Ash knows about Nineva being in GH and would have told Bella, so this post has been editted to reflect that knowledge.
Also having this set after GH's visit to SW, again let me know if this is a problem.
Posting Duck next.

The pleasure was mutual, and Bella's tail swayed in satisfaction of how smoothly this was going. While she had some minor history with the Hollow, it was only with Veho and Rook, really, and they hardly made up the whole pack. She very much doubted that her name had been mentioned to anyone else, but maybe coming from the Woodlands gave her a boon. "Likewise," Bella offered warmly, then listened to Lily's quick account of the pack's status. A few minor mishaps? At least she had said Veho was well, but what had happened? Though not wanting to pry, the concern would have been apparent in her gaze, and she opened her mouth to reply but once more was interrupted - this time by another small figure appearing from among the cedars.

Seeing it was a young girl, she softened and smiled, but then the scent of the child reached her nose and something very deep down flipped a switch. The frown touched her brows again, but not even because the girl was looking at Duck and chirping a greeting as though they were familiar - ordinarily that would have taken centre stage, but there was something far more important about her which took precedence. Quickly Bella took her in, the grey fur, the familiar slope of her muzzle, the blue and grey gaze... definitely not the blue and green of the Lyalls. She had never met the child of that description, but oh, she'd heard so much. Could it be, the girl who had been missing for so long and who had been discovered living in the cedarwoods? Bella's face lit up as she realised that it must be Nineva, though she didn't greet the girl - the young Hervok had no reason to know who she was.

Yet her thoughts were once again derailed as the target of her visit appeared, all merriment and warmth, and the delight of seeing him happy and whole momentarily overtook her interests towards her young sister. "Veho!" she cried in pleasure, pressing into his brief touch, glad that her trip had been fruitful. Even if just to see his face, it was enough.

She followed his gaze to her son, smiling all the while, quietly pleased that the pair would finally meet. She secretly hoped that Veho may be able to give the boy some peace of mind as he had so effectively done for her twice now. Her ear twitched at the name Filae, and briefly she looked at the grey girl again, for - had she given a fake name? Was Bella mistaken? Letting her curiosities towards the girl lie for now, Bella turned her smiling gaze on Veho.

"I just wanted to pay you a visit, my sweet! A little bird told me about your rising fortunes." She winked, and then laughed; "I live in the thicket now, with the Woodlands pack. I heard about your visit. Congratulations, you deserve it."

Had it just been the three of them, she would felt comfortable getting a little more intimate, but now was not the time when surrounded by his packmates. "I hope it is okay if we rest here for the day? It is not a very long journey but..." She felt Duck stiffen beside her. "... My legs would appreciate it. I'd love the opportunity to catch up, meet your family."
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2016, 12:31 PM by Belladonna.)
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Played by Siki who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Duckweed Calor
@Amaryllis

To absolutely nobody's surprise, Duckweed didn't really want to be here. He was just getting comfortable in the security of the thicket and then his mom wanted to go see some random guy she met? And wanted him to come too for some reason? Well, whatever. It wasn't worth arguing over, and besides, it probably wouldn't be that horrible; the visit was for her, not for him. Duck was probably just going to be the token son again. Oh look at this little thing I squirted out two years ago isn't he tiny and adorable?! Or whatever she said about him behind his back (and sometimes not because he could swear that she forgot he was stood right there sometimes, like damn woman.)

Fortunately, it wasn't a very long trip, the pair able to make most of the journey through the early hours in order to arrive at the other pack's borders at a reasonable time in the afternoon. All the time he spent fishing and exploring was definitely paying off; his stamina and strength was way better than it ever used to be. Given good food and plenty of time to rest, and most importantly not being constantly bullied, was letting the boy finally bulk up a bit and look something approaching healthy. Just a bit.

He'd stood quietly beside her as she made the call, pale eyes twitching about as a helpless - but manageable - anxiety twisted in his gut at the prospect of meeting strangers. When the dainty woman appeared, his posture slunk into a submissive one automatically, but there was something missing - where was the all-consuming fear and oncoming panic attack? He couldn't feel it at all, only the nerves of being introduced to someone new. It was like she wasn't scary, not at all, not one bit, and he wasn't sure how to process that. Was that normal?

Listening to his mother introduce herself, he could hear it in his mind, hear her say 'and this is my son, Duckweed', like she always did, always, and he decide no, screw it. So he'd beaten her to it, his tongue fumbling over the two simple words but he'd got them out, and then his mother had looked astonished and Lily had said pleasure to meet you and he felt a small thrill where normally there was only anxiety. Self-empowerment. One step at a time.

Of course then things got weird and he was totally distracted from his victory as a familiar face appeared, all smiles as she recognised him, and oh no it was the nice girl who'd seen him looking so pathetic oh no no let me diiie. "Hi!" he squeaked out, at far too high a pitch, before he could really stop himself and decide if that was really a good idea or not, but she had smiled at him, what was he supposed to do?

Swallowing, he offered an attempt at a smile back (which looked far more like a pained grimace) before shuffling one subconscious step closer to his mother - but only one, because wanting to hide went directly against the mantra of self-empowerment and then there was another wolf and his mother was happy and Duck looked at the man and then she was about to blame Duck for needing an excuse to rest, he just knew it - but then she didn't and he relaxed, just a little.

This was all rather exhausting. Could he call it a day? He'd done okay.
(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2016, 04:51 PM by Duckweed.)
[Image: SWpride5.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
Sorry about the wait, tag @Amaryllis!

Veho appeared on her tail, and the girl looked over her shoulder briefly to throw him a wag and smile of hello. Things were different now in how she thought of the man, but he was still the ultimate authority and had never personally done her wrong. Given Kenelm's disappearance, and her solitary part in searching for him, she also had put herself in a situation where most of the pack mates were now strangers to her; he was one of the few with which she had any kind of history.

But Duckweed was more important than whatever adult conversation the man was getting drawn into, and her attention was nearly immediately placed back upon the boy. She was mildly dismayed to see that it appeared the other child was afraid of her, and while she ensured that her smile didn't falter, her ears leaned back awkwardly. Maybe she should just be on her way, leave him alone? But then, did he really want to just sit around and listen to everyone else talk?

You wanna go for a walk? she whispered, trying to be mindful of the conversation that was occurring over their heads. If he said no, at least she tried.