(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven

do as i say — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Sorry for the rubbish post, but I wanted to get this reply up asap :)
Charcoal lips gently parted as Lorcan breathed a soft sigh of relief at the feeling of Wraith’s muzzle resting gently upon the smooth crown of his head. "Good to meet you, Lorcan." The male’s kind words further lulled his anxious mind into a greater sense of security. His golden eyes wandered up from their averted gaze in the distance and trailed up to finally meet the amber eyes of his superior. A small smile tugged at his charcoal lips and his tail slowly unfurled from between his legs to sway neutrally at the level of his spine. "You too, Sir. " He replied shyly, but warm-hearted all the same.

Lorcan watched with silent admiration as Craw greeted Morganna with affection, wondering if a time would ever some when he too could greet his potentially future fellow pack mates with the same warm welcome. "I thought you would be somewhat better qualified to assess his aptitude than I, but he's definitely keen enough." — Once again all eyes turned on him and he felt his skin shiver beneath the attention as he approached Morganna submissively.

To his surprise, Morganna did not overbear him with her dominant presence, nor did she offer him harsh words. She made no move to threaten or scare him, which was what he had expected from Craw’s description of her, but instead she offered some similarities between them with a chuckle. Lorcan’s muscles relaxed and he offered up his own smile with a small tilt of his head in recognition that they had something in common. Feeling more at ease, he slowly lifted himself back up to stand at his full height – still standing shorter than his larger acquaintances and gave a small swish of his tail to shake off his anxieties.

He remained still as Morganna moved in to brush her muzzle along his temple in a similar fashion to Wraith previously, an action to which Lorcan now moved into gently to press back into her, seeking her acceptance. The alpha female indicated that he should follow her, and so he turned to glance across to both Craw and Wraith with a nod of acknowledgement before he moved off slowly to trail eagerly at Morganna’s side as she spoke to him. "I was raised in a valley surrounded by forest, beneath the mountains. " He answered respectfully. "So the plants were a lot like the ones here…" He said, his golden eyes dancing over the tall grasses and shrubs of the vast tundra plains. "If it would please you, Ma’am, I could show you sometime?" He offered, with an eager smile.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
Skipping @Wraith per Vet's absence thread, which means that @Morganna is next (and can finish the thread since this is Craw's last post, unless @Lorcan wants another round!). If it does close, Vet, and you want to get this re-opened to add in a third post for Wraith, that's totally cool <3

His question was answered quickly enough, and Craw fancied he could almost see the confusion in the newcomer as Morganna's manners far exceeded his warnings. Her hospitality pleased him, as did the fact that she approved of his choice. That was a strange feeling, which sat like a square peg in the round holes of his nature, the notion that he needed approval for his decisions as a leader - that he enjoyed it. It had been his intention to ensure that she was aware of his recruitment, that she did not object, yes, but...

Lorcan moved to follow after Morganna after her gesture of dominance and acceptance, and Craw watched them for just a moment, ears high as he listened to their easy conversation. With a quiet, exhalation of air as he processed this tiny evolution of their dynamic - his expectations for himself, she likely had no idea anything had happened - he glanced to Wraith with a small smile and toss of his muzzle, encouraging his friend to follow with another nip at his cheek.

And so Whitestone had become something more than just the stronger, wiser rebels of Willow Ridge, Celandine aside. So it would continue.

Craw's eyes shifted just a little as they walked back to the monadnock, towards the hint of mountains in the distance, and the familiar heated, angry pangs flashed through his chest once more.
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Found some of my inspiration and figured I should get this out while I could.

A good egg, Wraith thought with finality. Lorcan's tender smile at the brute's warm welcome was enough to earn the northerner's fondness. Already, he felt like part of the pack. The male couldn't pick out a single behavior that would cause the newcomer any hardship among the others. He imagined even @Greer would enjoy Lorcan's company. It was about time the younger male had someone his own age around anyway. Perhaps this one could help the lad become more sociable as well.

The way he handled himself under @Morganna was masterful as well. Not that he expected her to act like a witch about it. Despite the imposing figure she cut, Wraith knew her to be far softer than she liked others to believe. Motherhood had softened her even more.

There the young male was already finding a niche for himself. It had taken Wraith months and months without finding himself an affinity for a pack role, and even then, Morganna had suggested it for him. Either way, he still fulfilled the duties expected of him as a Second on top of the role of being teacher to the pups. Lorcan, too, would have to share in pupsitting duties soon enough if he were to join. Wraith found it an enjoyable pasttime, but knew Celandine and Capable cared little for it.

As Morganna and Lorcan began to move towards the Monadnock, Wraith hung behind with Craw and shared a smile with him. At his friend's insistence, the black man padded in time with him and playfully butted his head against the pale wolf's shoulder. His praise as well went unspoken, but was undoubtedly communicated in the look he gave his Alpha. Every ounce of his respect bled through those amber eyes. Craw already had far surpassed the leadership of Wraith's own father, as great a man as he was. It meant more than he would ever say.

But the pair of them rarely needed words, did they?

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I'm going to archive this here. If anyone wants a thread set after this one let me know! I'm going to be out now until the 28th when my internet gets reconnected! I just wanted to squeeze this one in so we can get him added to the roster <3.
@Lorcan

His offer to teach her of these flat land plants was met with a warm smile. "I'd like tha' very much, when th' time permits, but first yer gotta rest." It wouldn't do to have the younger wolf collapsing from exhaustion and hunger hours after finally finding some sanctuary. She was well aware that every budding medic was a scout just waiting for a task (there was plenty else to look out for while travelling to the ideal location for each different plant to grow, and this was where her test would come into play. "Do yer know of ginger by chance? M'mother took years ter track it down, finally found it in th' woods south o' here, near a spring with red rocks." She allowed the information to soak in before she continued.

"Jus' b'fore we moved, I noticed a pack had moved in. Last I sniffed 'em they were south-west o' here but it seems like movin' was their plan too." She spoke loud enough so @Craw and @Wraith could hear as well, knowing this was information they should all be aware of. "I bumped inter their leader, @Gent b'fore they moved. He was a reasonable enough sort. Protective of his family, didn't want'er give too much away... Problem is, they've settled somewhere I might hav'ter take sides." She had already told @Nios her thoughts on the situation, she wanted to see if there was any merit to it.

"In a few weeks, if yer feel so inclined, I'm runnin' short o' ginger." Truth was she had no stores to speak of at all at this point. She had been tied up with her children since they settled here. "See what yer can figure out, play nice if yer bump inter them..." for now. "It's good ter get ter know yer neighbours."

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]