(See All?) Announcements
637 Users Online
Google, Bing

Good to be alive. — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
hnng realized after posting that i'm assuming merys will let go of gent in this post but i'm too tired/buzzed to rewrite so just let me know if its a problem and i'll change it when i haven't downed a glass of wine p:

The tug of war went on, and Gent felt confident that if this was all it would come down to, he would eventually find himself on top. He by now of course expected Merys to realize the same, however. It was far more likely that the other man would find, or at least search for, something to turn the tables and change the game up. The alpha therefor did his best to monitor for this, keeping up with the current skylark but waiting to see what his subordinate would manage to come up with. When finally Merys did make his move, the effort behind it was nearly successful.

Perhaps if it wasn't for the snow constantly slicking the stones beneath the paws Gent could have held his ground against the lunge. As it was, they rolled and slipped and he wasn't given much of a choice in what was to be done next. While he had, in all honesty, been hoping to win the little match that had turned into more of a sport than any kind of lesson or test, he certainly wasn't going to risk the Springs over it. The cobalt leviathan hated getting wet on a Summer day, and had no desire to be turned into an ice cube now. Therefor, he took up his only option; Gent let go.

Regaining his balance took a few hasty steps and displaced him a bit from Merys. Once stable, a couple quick strides took him off the shore and safely away from the frigid water. All the way, his blue eyes held the other man's face.

"Alright, alright," he relented with a wry grin. "Neither of us are going for a swim today then. You clearly can handle yourself, so training won't be necessary," a few teeth poked through wickedly, "but I'm always down for rematches."
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2016, 03:27 AM by Gent.)
Played by Dot who has 133 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Merys Adroren
Merys hadn't expected his plan to work as successfully as it had; while it had been wholeheartedly calculated, he had anticipated the king somehow having his own plans or being ready to resist him. The roll happened quickly and clumsily, their paws slipping underneath them and their bodies awkwardly falling apart from each other. He felt the king's grip finally let go of his scruff at the same time he let go of his. It was a welcome relief, the untwisting of his skin, as the roll had only put more torque into their bites. He felt the king slip away from his jaws with a twinge of acerbity., though the mutuality made it more bearable.

As the tumble finally came to the end, the males finalized their untangling and separated. Merys watched the dark wolf circle around as he shook out his pelt. He got the impression that their tussle was finishing, but his muscles stayed fired until he received the verbal confirmation. The seriousness of his behaviour defrosted a fraction at Gent's wry smile, and he returned a chuckle. "You've got yourself a deal," he assured him, licking his lips in anticipation, though enjoying the fact that the current strength-heavy fight was finished with. This had actually been not terrible, and he was glad to see this young alpha that stood over him was not a bag of .. ahem. It might be nice to vent energy on sometimes in a 'positive' way.
[Image: o8qr2qh.png]
founding member | 2016
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The pressure lingered at his nape, and his shoulders twitched heartily several times in hopes of shaking away the feeling. It was foreign, bothersome; he would have to remember not to let Merys get a shot like that again. When the other man agreed to Gent's proposition, it took some of his attention away from it once more and eventually the phantom feeling faded.

"Excellent," he finalized with another toothy smile and a nod of his massive head. His limbs stretched forward then as his back curved, stretching his nearly-tired muscles. Even if they hadn't stalemated, he might not've been able to go on for much longer. Attributes came in trade, and for all of his strength, Gent lacked in stamina compared to a good number of his fellow wolves.

No matter. So long as the event hadn't ended in a loss for the king. That would have not only been annoying, but troublesome for a wolf so dedicated to the innate hierarchy of strength and dominance as Gent was. Should Merys climb higher, and while the luminary had a soft spot for his second in command he could foresee such an occurrence, he might have to watch his back.

"Well, I'm off to check on Raela."

/fade