Bing, Google

I survey the chaos
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
N
For Capable

Wraith, Renier, Sven, Capable. The names played over and over in Morganna's head. Three days. Two days. One more day... If the sun set tomorrow and her uncle was still the leader? Well she could only hope her chat inspired some action from anyone else (although everyone elses lack of ability to speak up made her think perhaps she'd be better off just leaving them to rot under Nicolo's rule). However, while she waited for her brother to move, Craw had ensured she had some action to take of her own.

Morganna wondered whether @Craw had found @Isuni yet, and if he had, would it work in their favour or against them? She was taking her own advice - she wanted things to change. She would make it happen or die trying. The end was in sight, she just had to reach out and grab it.

As the dark wolf passed by the borders, there it was again. A waft of Hecate's scent had her fur standing on end. Dark muzzle wrinkled and a low growl built in her chest. She needed time to move faster., she wanted time to slow down. She must have looked a sight standing there, puffed up with displeasure, tail arched high over her back, but she couldn't pull herself away.

The world was slowly turning red.
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable

Things were changing so quickly in the world around her, and Capable had no idea what to make of it.  Thankfully, her own heat passed with general few events.  She was snappish and even more withdrawn than usual, but once the threat had passed she’d returned to her usual haunts.  Often she was on the border, strengthening where she could, and from this she realized there was not one pregnant female within the borders, but two.  How odd.

Uninterested in the particular politics of that move (intention or otherwise), the female wisely kept herself of others’ affairs.  She might have kept on with it, had Craw not approached her few days prior—

--and had she not spotted Morganna upon the horizon, drawn up in the very image of alpha.  Her trot became a brisk lope, and she was upon the woman within moments, ears straining as she glanced around for any sign of trouble.  But there was none.  No intruders.  No strange smells.  Isuni could not find a thing, at least not in the immediate vicinity, and she turned to the other woman with pinched brows.  Her tail dropped by inches, no longer on guard – she tipped her head.  “Morganna?  What is it?”

bring me home, bring back what's stolen,
Capable
like you're supposed to
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

A voice so close snapped her from her trance, tail immediately dropping and ears turning back, relief evident in the easy wave of her tail when she registered it was Capable who had caught her by surprise. "Just playin' a waitin' game," she motioned with a tilt of her head to the trail where Hecate had recently crossed towards the west. Perhaps she'll stay gone? She couldn't know that was exactly what the white woman had in mind. Capable hadn't been at the underground sea, but there was little worth sharing, the female ranks weren't flailing like the males were. She wouldn't bring children up in such uncertain circumstances, but didn't she owe the woman an explanation? She was as much a victim of this mess as anyone else.

"They're Skoll's." She clarified, "He means ter challenge but that won't excuse this. He isn't th' leader yet," and even if he was, Hecate was not. A heavy sigh fell from her lips, a shake of her head indicating she was nearing the limits of her tether - only the gods could help whoever was in the way when it finally snapped. "I'm o' half a mind ter just leave. Start fresh. I'm sick o' people that wan'ter waste time pissin' inter th' wind," and then act surprised when their trouser legs wound up wet.

Inactive No Rank
Capable

Morganna’s wag was returned in kind, and the woman was relieved to find the alpha was in no immediate dangers.  Her fur settled fully on her thick shoulders, following the woman’s gaze out across the invisible trail.  The silence sat heavy on her, mouth slowly curling into a grimace once she realized exactly what the alpha was imparting on her.  They’re Skoll’s.

She’d liked the man, really, she had.  Interesting, a bit strange, a fair companion for conversation – but clearly a bleeding idiot to breed another female when neither of them held any rank.  How like a boy, to think he had the right, simply because he had an extra bit of meat dangling between his hind legs!  She did not deny herself the snort as she shook her head – Morg’s brother or not, he was clearly a fool.

Casting her sienna gaze back over the smaller female, Capable raised a brow as the woman announced her intention.  “Do it,” she said, without any hesitation. “They aren’t about to change on your behalf.  They think you’re just a woman.”  Her upper lip curled.  “That you can’t do something – or won’t.”  A pause.  “That’s why I left Moose’s Tooth, you know.  Because they wanted me to do a ‘girl’s job’.  And that I would – just because they said.  So I left.  I like to think it worked out.” She shrugged and lapsed into silence, waiting to see how Morganna took such blunt talk.

Capable
like you're supposed to
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

There was no hesitation in Capable's response, which bought a smirk to ginger flecked features. She had no problem hearing the red woman out - she had no problem hearing anyone who spoke with civility out, but the second a conversation degenerated to shit slinging, threat making or just plain idiocy she made no secret of the fact she was done. Morganna very much doubted it would ever come to that with this particular companion.

She wasn't entirely sure the others lack of support stemmed from the fact she was a woman but rather that she wasn't from Torbine, for it seemed to be her own blood that had the least amount of faith in her. "'S got nothin' ter do with being a male or a female 'ere. I was jus' born in the wrong place, ter the wrong man." A man she had never even met. If it hadn't been evident before than Angier was not her real father before surely it would be now. "Fuck knows what other excuse they've come up with ter decide I'm not good enough." but that wasn't where this conversation was going, was it? "If I were ter leave, I stand by what I said before. I'd rather have a guardian at my back than a healer or a hunter..." Her look was pointed enough, the question unasked but hanging in the air between them. Will you follow if I go?

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Capable

That’s what you think, Capable thought bitterly, but did not bother to argue with the woman.  Maybe it was better to remain ignorant – at least you’d stop looking over your shoulders for the ghosts of those that never appeared.  But it was a double-edged problem, really.  Those who never looked could not see potential danger coming.

Not good enough was close enough, gave them a reason to stick together all the same.  Morganna was pulling the pack in all the shapes she wanted despite the fact that she didn’t that piece of meat her counterpart did.  Even the redhead understood it had to be one step at a time.  So she only inclined her head, ears flicking forward as she studied the alpha for a moment.

“Yeah,” she agreed, rolling her shoulders as her attention shifted forward once more.  “Gonna need a guardian if you want to obviate problems setting up.  Keeping your ground.  Probably a scout, too.”  But that wasn’t her.  She was too thick and too obvious to be any sort of useful in that regard.  “That an invite?  Because I’m not staying here if you’re taking off.” There was no reason – she didn’t know the other females well, and she’d joined Willow Ridge because Morganna had offered her the space.  If there was no place for her with the swarthy woman – she’d find something else.

Capable
like you're supposed to
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

Her smirk had grown to an easy grin the more her companion spoke. "If yer need one... if it comes ter that..." It all hung on whether or not her brother would move, and if anyone else would rise to the challenge quickly enough if he didn't. She knew her days were numbered by the lives that had taken root within her and she would be risking everything if she chose to leave, but wouldn't she be risking more if she chose to stay?

On @Capable's reasoning behind Morganna wanting a guardian at her back, all her points were valid -  but there was more to it than that. She tipped her head inviting the other wolf along for a walk, the stink of Hecate was too much as it kept wrapping around her nostrils and she didn't need @Craw to lead her away like a tantrum throwing child in a grocery store. "More than any o' that, yer don't talk shit ter me. Yer don't carry on like a fuckin' goose when I walk by. They're used ter havin' a Queen. I'm no fuckin' Queen, I just wan'ter do my job an' live like a family should. None o' this buttin' heads puffed up pompous old world bullshit..." The more she voiced her concerns the more obvious the path forward became, but who would step up to lead at her side?

If Skoll couldn't be trusted to take the reigns here, then there would be no point to asking any she took with her to follow him elsewhere. To do so would be akin to putting him in front of a firing squad, blindfolded and hands tied behind his back. If he followed through she could forget the thought had ever crossed her mind but she hated being caught unawares. At least with one in her corner, she could hope she had other options.

Inactive No Rank
Capable

If it comes to that—

Capable was fairly certain it would, but she kept her jaw shut.  She was no medic, no mind reader, no spirit healer.  She didn’t want Morganna to make a iatrogenic decision, only to throw it back at the redhead if it didn’t work out.  This was a choice only the swarthy woman could make; her companion simply knew what she’d do the moment it was made.

She rolled her shoulder in a noncommittal shrug, posture betrayed only by the smirk slowly scrawled across her face. “No time to talk bullshit,” she replied.  Oh, she could talk plenty of shit – but not without reason, and not to pull the wool over someone’s eyes.  But she had no reason to lie to impress, and no reason to lie to someone’s face.  Even Arrow couldn’t convince her to mindlessly follow orders, and it’d be no different elsewhere.

“Plenty of old world shit to go around,” Capable agreed, expression slowly sliding into one of indifference.  She glanced outwards, out to the world at large, out to everything ahead, and she sighed.  “Time for a change,” she said, perhaps to herself, or perhaps she meant for Morganna to hear.  “You just tell me when.”

Capable
like you're supposed to

One more round to exit?
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2016, 04:06 PM by Isuni.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
A bark of laughter left Morganna's mouth when Capable said that she had no time to talk bullshit. Well, at least they had that in common. She heard her companion out, eyes trailing over the path that Hecate had taken towards the marsh. You just tell me when. It was hardly an issue to bother the women with but she wanted Capable to know. "Tomorrow, I'll know more." Oh, but the woman wasn't blind, she should have seen the storm brewing for months. Morganna wouldn't let her go into this blind. "Skoll has a deadline ter challenge Nicolo. If he doesn't..." she shrugged. Well they would have to deal with that if it happened.

"I'll deal with Hecate while that's happenin'..." or not. "He'll either follow her or he won't. At least I can manage m' brother if 'e does stay," and perhaps the others would be more inclined to challenge someone so outwardly untrustworthy (even if Morganna didn't share the perception - being a parent had changed him). Shit needed to calm down and calm down soon. "I won't bring my children inter a pack with members I can't trust. We'd need ter be settled before they're born." And there it was, all laid out. Would she still want to tag along now that she knew all that had been going on behind the scenes?