Bing

White Morning — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
For @Rose

- Morning, Heavy snow - 33 ° F/0 ° C

Spring was a tentative season, temperamental. Even as leaves and flowers began to bud, flurries of snow continued to blow over the lands every few days, a last reminder from winter that it would only be beat for so long. Having grown up much higher north, Aideen was used to late year snowstorms, taking them with a shrug and the solemn knowledge that they would soon enough be over. She did miss the sun though, having otherwise enjoyed spending her mornings lounging in its warm rays. Today she would have to go without, shivering slightly as she made her way through the thickets, steps heavy. She headed for her infirmary to treat the morning queasiness that had become more and more prevalent over the last week; I should just give in and bring a stock of ginger back to the den…

As it was she could expect to feel this way for a good time yet, before her stomach finally settled, getting used to the new lives growing below it. Until then she'd have to start her mornings with a bunch of self-ordained herbs, some to calm her upset body, and others to help herself and the pups grow strong. She didn't exactly long for the bitter taste, but she was disciplined enough to force herself to take them each day, knowing that they would help. Just as she knew she couldn't afford to skip breakfast, as little appetite as she had; Perhaps a bit of @Duckweed's fish will do the trick… Medicine first though, which meant a brisk walk through the snow. At least the biting morning air helped a bit.

Word count: 272

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Rose could only vaguely recall the warmer months, having been merely a small pup when they'd taken place. Nevertheless, she impatiently longed for their return. To once again feel the sweet embrace of sunlight on her auburn pelt, well, that'd simply be bliss. However, it had appeared that mother nature had no intentions of granting the child's wish any time soon, after all there was still so much snow. The Hervok had thought she'd adapt by now, though it was becoming rather apparent that she'd simply never be a winter wolf. "Gaaahhh!" The fae complained, exiting the comforts of Secret Woodland's sleeping quarters with much hesitation. "Hate walking in the stuff."

It hadn't taken long for the young Hervok to spot the Woodland's newest alpha female trudging through the bitter cold as she had been, and she couldn't help but feel a bit obligated to at the very least congratulate the woman on her newest accomplishments, as awkward as it felt to do such. Regrettably, the pair hadn't exactly conversed with each other yet, though there was definitely a first time for everything. With a huff, the near-yearling prepared her greeting. "Hello, Aideen!" She smiled, though the name still felt rather foreign on her tongue. "How are you fairing this lovely morning?" maintaining her soft grin, Rose couldn't help but peek at the woman's belly, perhaps a little excited with the idea of having young ones herself one day.

Tell me what to do to make it all feel better.

Rose Hervok

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2016, 10:44 AM by Rose.)
[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

Her focus was solely on the task at hand, plenty of energy needed to keep her rolling stomach in check. She hadn't noticed her russet shadow, and nearly jumped three feet in the air when the perky voice suddenly called from behind her. The alphess struggled to keep her dignity as she slowly turned to face the girl, her smile a little strained while her belly continued to churn. Carefully, the mother-to-be lowered her hunches to the snowy floor, tilting her head lightly as she looked over the almost-yearling. As her stomach began to relax, her smile turned more sincere, after all, it was impossible not to be happy in the face of the bubbly Hervok, who reminded her so much of herself. Ash's youngest daughter was quite different from her more reserved relatives, her energetic manner and sociable nature drawing as much attention as her fiery pelt. They might never have spoken at length, but Aideen had noticed the child, and even in her less than vigorous condition, she was pleased to finally have a chance to get to know her better.

"Hello Rose, and good morning to you." The leader nodded at her young subordinate, wagging the tip of her tail over the snow behind her. "I suppose I'm as well as can be expected under the circumstances, a bit of breakfast and I'll be fine I'm sure." She answered the question honestly, with a crooked smile on her lips. There was no glamour in pregnancy, that much seemed evident enough, yet she didn't miss the bright blue eyes focusing on her abdomen. She wasn't far enough along to physically show, but that mattered little, wolves relied more on their nose than eyes, and the scent was clear enough. Lightly brushing a paw along her pale belly, Aideen sought to meet that azure gaze, smiling knowingly; "And how about you dear? Are you enjoying your time here?" The question might be a bit belated, but the leader was keen to know all the same, as any queen might like to know that her subjects were thriving. And with her swiftly approaching birthday, Rose would soon be old enough to truly choose for herself; It would be nice if that choice remained the Woodlands.

Word count: 375

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Much to the young Hervok's displeasure, Aideen wasn't quite showing yet. Though her reaction was all the confirmation the fiery red yearling needed. 'I knew it. I can smell it! Goodness, I can't wait to meet them!' the fae grinned, eyes reaching up to her alpha's now. "Ah, is that where you were going?" she hadn't meant to interrupt anything, though there wasn't really a reason why the child couldn't join the rust-coated woman, right?

"Oh, uhm. My.. My stay?" Rose stammered, quite unsure of the answer herself. Had she been enjoying her stay? With all that had happened with Nineva, and the lack of conversation shared with her family members since.. Well, it was sort of difficult to tell. She thought briefly of the man she'd met back at the fjord, and how temporarily she'd considered leaving with him. How she'd reconsider the option day in and day out, surely that meant that she wasn't having a good time, right? "It's been, well.. Alright. Quiet, but alright." she murmured. "The place itself is beautiful, and you've been doing great so far as alpha.. I'm sure it'll get easier once my family adjusts to Nineva's decision.." or maybe not, nevertheless at least their grieving stage could finally come to a close. Her kin wasn't dead, that's all that mattered. 'I just don't understand why nobody cares about me.'

Tell me what to do to make it all feel better.

Rose Hervok

[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]