(See All?) Announcements
468 Users Online
Bing, Baidu, Google, Khalon

security — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

The young yearling still had a bit of an edge to her, though she kept it contained for her thoughts alone. Being on edge was very much the job of the loner without a home, now wasn’t it? His warning hung heavy in her head… she remembered the experience that was having neighbors that weren’t so kind, and thus the warning stuck in her head, molding itself into her memory until her brain was warning her “do not go south.” She’d trust this man, because he seemed friendly enough, opened up about what he knew and what he didn’t, and something about him just seemed to put her at ease.

Part of her considered that it might be the fact that he’d seemed to have something pulling at his mind himself when she’d first sort of stumbled across him, a hint of what could be described as caution still lingered. “I appreciate t’warning… what’s your name, stranger? M'names Lilya.” She asked with a soft smile. This was definitely a wolf she’d want to remember, because he did seem like a genuinely nice man… granted she never truly knew who someone was, especially not after one meeting. She hadn’t known who her parents were after they’d raised her, after all… some wounds just carried through.

But she couldn’t recall collecting a name, and thus the curious wolf asked her question.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The south wasn't all bad — the first pack Lachesis joined after arriving in these foreign lands had been located in the southern corner of Relic Lore. It was the Grizzly Hollow wolves that had left a sour taste in his mouth. One of their own had turned out to be a traitor and departed from Cut Rock to set up camp in the woods next to the river’s edge they had claimed. Not wanting to start an unnecessary war, Maksim had done the right thing for his pack and abandoned their {second} home. The ghost preferred these lands; the snow had been abundant in the northern territories (which had pleased the Arctic) and the plants he collected for his trade were plentiful. While things were a little tense between the Heartwood pack and the wolves of White Fir it was not as bad as it could have been. He and Kisla were determined to stay on neutral terms with their western neighbours; the last thing they wanted was to shuffle around a fourth time.

A lop-sided grin rolled onto his maw as she introduced herself, his chartreuse gaze fixated on the blue-eyed loner. “Lachesis,” he responded with a slow wag from his tail. He did hope to run into Lilya a second time — perhaps even a third or fourth. It would depend on whether the girl would heed his words or not and stay away from the southern territories. She had already had the pleasure of meeting Kisla; hopefully he had also left a good impression on her and she would be partial to seeking acceptance in Hearthwood. “Or Nineteen,” he added as he rolled his shoulders, “I don’t have a preference. I was given both names and I’ll answer to both.” Another shrug — something he was good at.

“Explore a little more before finding somewhere to settle down, if that’s what you’re looking for. Sometimes I still wish I could stretch my legs a little further.” He flashed her another toothy grin before glancing over his shoulder at the water. Sometimes, when he was out patrolling by himself, he wished he could look for Anastasia. She had returned unexpectedly and disappeared without a word. While her absence still pained him it was not as bad as the first time… Lachesis was, unfortunately, getting acquainted with losing people on a regular basis. He wasn’t so good at keeping friends. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

These wolves, all those she’d met so far, had proved to be interesting since entering these strange new lands. It was as if once she crossed the threshold she recognized as the Timbers she’d entered the Lore through, the entire demeanor of the world changed and evil was scared away… that wasn’t to say that she wasn’t just lucky with her encounters thus far. The cautious side of her was leaning towards the later while the optimistic side of her reached for the former, hoping such an enchantment might scare her demons off for good.

With the offer of her own name, she received two in return, a soft smile. Lachesis. Nineteen. They were two names that she saved in her memory, letting them sink in for a few seconds as she mulled over which to use. “Lachesis… I technically have two… but I don’t. A couple of my friends called me Val because of my last name, Valrorys. So I’ve always gone by Lilya or Lil, and then Val.” She finally decided with a soft smile. She could count to nineteen, had before, and it didn’t seem right in her mind to call him by a number. He encouraged her to explore a little more and that was when her smile turned more sad than happy, a certain amount of pain lingering deep in her eyes that she tried to hide.

She’d done her fair share of wandering over the past year, this idea driven into her head that was going to be hard to erase unless she talked to someone or found tangible proof for it to be false. “I wish I could settle down, but it’s not safe.” She let a soft sigh creep through her maw before she explained, leaving out a few of the details. “There was a war in my home pack… the opposing side was vicious… they’ve been hunting me for over a year so I’ve gotta keep moving. They’ve got too many wolves for me to try and settle down.” She drew another breath in, slamming oxygen into her lungs as her sad smile turned into a frown. They were two troubled souls, it seemed. She did like him, the alabaster man quite friendly and nice, despite the fact that he appeared troubled earlier, and she was still quite curious why. She wasn't going to push it - prying wasn't her nature.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

There was something about the blue-eyed loner that intrigued him. How did a wolf so young have so many demons? Relic Lore was a fairly large place, surely they would not be able to find her here. The packs here, while they may not always agree with each other, were loyal to their own members. Her demons would not be able to reach her once she found somewhere to settle down. Whether she liked it or not, staying here might just be her best option.

“Val,” he repeated, his lips curling into a soft smile around the word. All the names she had given him suited her; he was unsure of which one he liked the most. The ghost was impartial to his own and did not have a preference. When he had first arrived in these strange lands he frequently introduced himself by his number, as he was cautious of who he gave his given name to. It felt strange hearing someone other than his family call him by the name his mother had given him. It was not until his responsibilities grew within Hearthwood that he became more lenient in giving out both names, as opposed to favouring one. They were both a part of him; he almost felt guilty when he neglected one of them.

His smile quickly faded into a frown as the girl spoke once more, announcing that it was not safe for her to settle down. “But that’s why you have a pack, to feel safe,” he started, his chartreuse gaze hardening as he studied her troubled expression. “You’re demons won’t find you here, I can assure you that. Relic Lore has a way of keeping the pests out.” She was only as vulnerable as she allowed herself to be; she could not keep running for the rest of her life. “Personal demons, however, are a different story,” he commented with a low laugh, his features softening. “Those are a little harder to get rid of.”

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

There was a firm stance that she’d always held, and that was that she should and could not burden others with keeping her safe from her past… she just wouldn’t put lives in danger, risk a fight for someone like her. That was the opinion she held about herself and it wasn’t going to chance any time soon, it appeared. Part of her longed to return, if only to find closure as to whether or not her family had managed a miracle or if they were still following her… but she didn’t, because her life was uncertainty in a very complicated and complex world in which she kept moving and she explored.

She still felt the weight of her sister’s death on her shoulders, the idea that she’d caused it with the midnight runs to just breathe and be herself… if it wasn’t for her, Maelia would still be alive. She was certain of that.

After all, not all of her demons were physical, nor were they all wolves. They were the guilt that haunted her and kept her up some nights or the hunger in her belly because she didn’t have time to track down food because she’d slept too long already… but she’d be okay. She’d be fine. He seemed to test out the nickname she’d offered up to his two names, Lachesis and Nineteen… who named their kid Nineteen? No, she wasn’t to judge. It was just a very unique name in her mind.

She instantly regretted opening her mouth and explaining when his smile faded from her maw, a soft frown on her own as he analyzed her, saying that her demons were exactly why she needed a pack. “It’s not realistic… m’demons are just a danger ta everyone. M’not gonna ask a pack to fight fer me and risk dyin’ ‘cause m’not worth that struggle… ‘specially not with it bein’ pup season.” She argued back with a frown after his words. It was the truth because she defined the truth of what followed her.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3 want to wrap up soon so we can have updated thread?! :D maybe your next post or two?

The girl had valid points, there was no arguing that. Most packs would not accept such a liability into their pack with puppies on the way. Lachesis, however, did not care about the demons that followed her. She was honest about them and for that she was worth protecting. That was, if she decided to make Hearthwood her home. The other option was to keep running — keep running until her paws fell off. But that wasn’t always the answer. Sometimes settling down was worth it. Lachesis had been apprehensive about these strange lands when he had arrived many, many months ago with Anastasia at his side. If it had not been for the blue-eyed dove he would have made his way back home, but she had motivated him to stay. Because of her, Lachesis had found a purpose in Relic Lore — perhaps he could do the same for Lilya.

“We would fight for you,” he answered wth a soft roll of his shoulders, “but not many packs are like ours.” He paused, forehead smooth as he studied the blue-eyed girl. “There’s a home here if you need it. Now, later — whenever you grow tired of moving.” His former smile had returned as he gave a soft, reassuring wag of his tail. Perhaps what she needed was to face her demons, but he couldn’t tell her what to do. They were her demons, after all; he knew nothing about them. “Or stretch your legs more,” his grin turned crooked as an ear flopped to the side, chartreuse pools glistening mischievously. “If you want to avoid your demons you might as well see as much of the Lore as you can.” There were still parts that the ghost had not seen since settling down and he was envious of the freedom she had. 

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
Definitely <3 Fade it off here or after your next post? Either works for me ^^

He was definitely strange, not in a bad way by any means, but in a way that made her curious. He was the alpha of a pack and yet he was sparing his time with a loner who had been stuck in a rut, in the deep end of a chase she wanted to end but knew it never would. He claimed that they’d fight for her, but she found that hard to believe, even if he was the alpha because she knew those risks very well, the pain that could come with them and the misery that could befall a pack.

Perhaps he just hadn’t understood, the fact that she had what she viewed as an army after her, or perhaps he was just that confident in the abilities of the wolves he led… she wasn’t sure, but she would never risk it, especially not since he was a nice wolf. He’d been nothing but kind, and that only affirmed her thoughts. She offered him a soft but sad smile in return and a shake of her head. “Thanks f’the offer, Lachesis, but I don’t think I could take it up in good conscious.” She really should be going – she’d stopped for a drink and she still had an hour or so more of travel left in her, maybe more. She was never really sure these days.

“I should get goin’ tho… it was nice to meet ya and maybe I’ll see ya around?” That last line was the assurance she wanted to give him that she would think about the offer… should the situation or the time ever arise that she felt she could settle down. Maybe someday, she'd make Hearthwood River her home, but for now she simply dipped her head in a farewell and started to trot off away from the waterfront and towards the south.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
quick lil exit from lachie <3 

Lachesis truly did hope that he would see the blue-eyed sparrow a second time. Whether it be while she was on her way out of Relic Lore or she was waiting at the borders of Hearthwood, he would be pleased regardless. The ghost hoped that she would be able to escape her demons, with or without the help of a pack behind her. She seemed perplexed that he did not retract the invitation to join his pack, but he had meant every word. “If you change your mind Val, you know where to find me,” he responded with a soft smile. As the girl announced that it was time for her to leave XIX took a few steps back, his chartreuse gaze fixated on her tawny figure. “I hope so.” He took several steps back, giving the girl space as she turned around, heading south. It took every fibre in his body not to chase after her, to tell her that she would be much better off in Hearthwood with a pack to support her, but he remained where he was. The ghost did not move until her pale shape disappeared into the trees, his liquorice lips tight against his teeth as he finally turned away. The cedars were calling him and it was time for him to return to his pack; to his family.