(See All?) Announcements
263 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chan

Forget Me Not — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>A pleasant chuckle rings from throat, <b>"Yes, I suppose you have,"</b> she replies, stating the obvious. The oddity of things seemed to melt away, and she felt more relaxed, more herself that she didn't feel she had to hold her guard up to this friendly stranger. She sucks in a long breath of the cool air, taking in his words as well. She hates to hear how hungry he is, but her grin does not vanish as he has one on his face now. It's nice change to see someone elses' happy expressionn. Plainly her ears tip back a few degrees. Her own belly was not as full as it use to be these days either. She was more concerned about six other bellies to feel bad about her own. Standing a little taller, her silver tail slowly waves. <b>"Pleasure to meet you on this fine morning Kade. I'm Jaysyek, but please call me Jayse."</b> She didn't feel she needed to tell him more at the moment. Did it really matter? Who knows if she'd see this wolf again, or if he really cared to further more than just a simple name.

This part of the thicket she could still see the sun's light becoming stronger as it filtered through the canopy. Eyes surveyed him for a short time, after his offer. She really could use something to take back home, and perhaps take a chance to eat for herself depending on their success. He appeared capable, and she smiled giving a dip of her head. <b>"Alright, you care to lead the way?"</b> She asked hoping he wouldn't mind. She could always offer advice where to look if needed. And she could shed her role of a leader for a change, to him she was just another wolf or for now any way. She stood ready, <span class='word'>alplomb</span> almost for the adventure ahead. .</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
He watches her speak, taking in the way that the fur around her neck swayed in the breeze. <b>"My pleasure,"</b> he replied, aiming his muzzle high to survey his direction of choice. <i>East</i>, he thought, as it would lead out of the shady thicket. He noticed the look in her perfectly mis-matched eyes as he took the lead - through her shining vigilance he could see that her soul was worn, the tiniest glint of pain flickering deep in their background. It was mysterious, and he thought of its origin continually throughout the day...

The fact that he was not very familiar with the land just yet did not discourage him, and the excitement he derived from spending time with this new <i>friend</i> was like a second wind. He hadn't observed evidence to indicate the presence of worthy game in the shadows of the thicket, quickly deciding to travel to a more favorable location. Carefully and with precise agility, the dark male treaded forward, looking back here and there to make sure that he wasn't imagining the sound of the female behind him. As they travel toward the climbing sun, his attention is divided. In the back of his mind he is monitoring her pace by counting the sounds of her large paws connecting with the damp earth, while simultaneously sweeping the rolling horizon with his steel eyes for any sign of life or death.

He leads eastward for some time until the sight and sound of the river where their paths crossed was lost. The colors in the foliage seemed to be changing as they approached a treeline; perhaps they were encroaching on the borders of the thicket. On the horizon was a snowy, mountainous landscape, which seemed out of place when he thought of how warm the sunlight felt on the tip of his nose. His ears swiveled back and forth, tail raised, and he listened and sniffed carefully, as to browse through the number of scents that lingered in the wood. They were closing in on a distant group of deer, but in which direction he could not be sure. His instinct urged him to continue, further from the thicket behind them, but the male was quick to seek Jayse's opinion, looking to her as he stood at her side...
(This post was last modified: Sep 13, 2011, 03:10 AM by Kade.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She merely smiles, and then craned her neck looking at the delicate leaves, studying the twisted veins, so she was not to staring as he decided in what direction he might go. Slowly her chin tilted back, and she looked back not knowing he saw the hints of hurt, and done wrong hiding in the swirls of color that were her eyes, glazed windows of her soul. She would not think another would notice, or think anything amiss as most were too absorbed in their own world to step into anothers. Maybe she would learn he was different, maybe she would not. She was not quite sure what to expect. Life had taught her to truelly expect the unexpected as it was bound to happen, and the only thing she might count on -things happened. Perhaps though she had found a new ally, even friend.

He seemed to decide east was the way, and it was time to move. She took to following in his footsteps, as some of the thicket did not promote side by side. First she relaxed following his familiar coal coated body further into the thicket, with a quick yet easy stride. This walk was full of purpose, and her ears were upward, tuned to catch the quiet happenings, while her eyes would drift for a second or two looking for a clue of game. It was her nose, though that could really tell what had come, and went. She did not detect anything recent just yet. The she-wolf was hopeful they would find something they could easily share. Several paces the familiarity of such a mundane task brought on old memories of the last wolf she use to follow at the heel. It was here she had first seen him in the grumpiest of moods. If that wasn't enough the sunlight more prominant she can see the tall Mountain of Dire, and she takes a long glance at her former home. It seemed like ages ago she had followed <i>him</i>, and joined the wolves of the mountain. Pale eyelids blink, and she doesn't lose step. She wasn't about to let it ruin her day, and focused on the tints of silver flecked in Kade's coat trying to count each single thread.

It was not too much longer deer teased her nose, and her heart starts pumping, anticipating the kill. Kade does not continue, he stops by her side. She looks at him from a sideways view, but does not speak. She takes a long inhale of the surrounding atmosphere, concentrating on the single scent. They appear further east, and she recalls a field where blackberries grow. Maybe they were there. Muzzle turns better to meet his gaze. <b>"I would guess their straight ahead by some yards. There is a field where they like to graze on grass, and berries."</b> She was confident they would be near, evening headed to the protection of the thicket with the rising sun. She paused, lips drawn in a thin line wishing to place her words in good order. <b>"Do you plan to chase or catch?"</b> </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
He thought on her reply for a split second before refocusing on the scent, which was increasingly appealing, looking forward toward where the pair believed dinner may be grazing. It was logical - a field of berries, ripe for the picking at the margin of the changing seasons. A bloodlust consumed nearly every inch of his body as he anticipated the hunt, which was sure to be rewarding - for both his stomach and his mind, which was often distracted by the ghostly female's mysterious, sparkling eyes. He took a good at her before making another move; he didn't know why, but the sight of her made him feel so calm...

<b>"Catch,"</b> he replied with no hesitation. <b>"Ladies first,"</b> his voice was soft as he spoke the words, and the tip of his nose quivered as it worked to memorize the scent of their target. He was ready and excited to work with this new parter, but he knew that she surely had more experience with the land and the deer in the blackberry field, better for her to take the lead at this point. He shifts his weight toward her reassuringly before moving silently to a position in her periphery.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She gazed back into the silver of his eyes wondering briefly what was going on behind them. She did not trust herself to know, or even think what was running through his mind. He somehow seemed <span class='word'>fey</span> to her. Quick as she asks his answer comes. It is straight forward, and she dipped her head. <b>"Alright,"</b> she answered, unsurprised. Males usually took down prey because they were the larger of the species, and she was alright with that. She was use to be the one that drove the herbivores into the reaches of a waiting wolf. She was pretty decent at becoming invisible these days. A humored smile, her tail and hips sway in rhythem when her paws step closer to the nearing field.

Two strides her body becomes stiff, and she stretches her lithe frame, lingering closer to the ground. Each movement she makes is with deligently thought. She is most careful not to snap a twig, or flick any nearby foilage. One paw moves, she takes in a long breath. They are definately headed the right way. Her nostrils can not smell anything but the deer it seems. Once she glances to her dark hunting companion, and continues sneeking closer. She can see the open field dotted with the berry bush. There she can see a small herd taking the last bites of their breakfast. She counts five doe, a half grown fawn, and one buck; his antlers velvet. Most cases it would be her decision to choose, and she shoots him a look wondering what one he thinks they can take. She's thinking the fawn. She doesn't want to speak, thinking he might assume she thinks he's uncapable of bigger. Really it was a numbers thing, if he counted as one or two. She could help take a deer down, if the timing, and all else went right. She looks back studying the grouping, watching as the buck started to head south. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
(OOC: I'm sorry I've been sort of inactive recently, I've been moving and had my first round of exams, it's been pretty hectic.)

The feeling of the breeze rustling through his thick, fine coat was refreshing. His senses were heightened, evidenced self-apparently by the way he could he could nearly hear the valves of her beating heart snapping closed then open, closed then open. The male could read the look on her face as she considered their options. The smart choice would be to pursue the growing fawn, which could be subdued with relative ease between the two of them. His body was statue-still, eyes darting feverishly between the path in foresight and her ghostly body, which was poised for action, and quite a distraction.

The world seemed to stop when he looked at her, and her crystalline eyes, which had become his most distinct weakness. Like an angel, she had descended into the depths of his dark life, combating the shadows that had been closing in around him. The thought of her made his heart race. She was more than a stranger whose path had crossed his own, although he did not know what that meant for his future. What he did know was that she made him feel strong, enabled, and purposeful, though for now his only purpose was to kill.

His full intent was to take down the fawn, which he conveyed to Jayse with an intense, patient gaze. Body low, eyes high, he watched as the buck strayed further from the group. If it was the right time that he and she were waiting for, the time had come. The contrast of the bright berries against the dull tones of the earth and grasses in the field set the scene, and the sounds of their hearts beating irrhythmically together set the tone. The male set forth slowly, steadily, paws contacting the earth with a hunter's finesse, and he was careful to keep his heavy body low to the ground. As he moved closer to his potential kill, his cold gaze intermittently fell on her, checking for hesitation while conveying reassurance as he waited for her charge.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>that's alright :) , just glad you haven't disappeared. feel free to post as the deer too.</i>

A delicate smile fell on her lips, as his silver eyes met hers. They had agreed silently on the same target. It wasn't a big thing, wolves could point, and speak without words. She had the oddest feeling it was almost like he could read her mind, and she felt slightly vunerable, like every good, and bad story of her life was right there where he was able to see it . She folded her ears, deciding she was being silly. No one could read minds, and she was not so transparent was she? She couldn't find the answer to this.

Quickly she overcame her distraction, pushing it away temporairly, and slowly nodded her head. They would try and get that one, now all she had to do was sneak up behind it -chase it his way.She gave him one last, long look. He seemed confident, and somehow boosted her own quaking hopes. Exactly what she needed. In a hearbeat she drew in a deep breath, and moved ahead of him. The minutes seemed long, as steadily she continued closer to the deer. She choose to stay in the thick, pale grass along their side taking her time.

It seemed longer than what it was, but she spotted their huge ears, and thin legs. <i>Okay, showtime.</i> She crouched, collecting her strength, and than sprang from hiding in front of their path. Their graceful necks jerked taller, and their eyes grew wide. She only had to go for one, and she did not pause to look. She charged for the youngest with a gruff bark. Of coarse it didn't want to go away from it's companions, but it did not want to face the silver wolf. It balked backwards, and made to head off to the other side of the trees. Jayse cut her off with a menacing growl, snapping her jaws once. The deer didn't need to be told twice, and took off where Kade waited, somewhere in the other tall grass. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
The chase was thrilling, indeed, and he took in every slow-motion moment astutely. As Jayse closed in on the unsuspecting group, he was sure not to reveal his own position, deep in the swaying grasses. By this point his mouth was watering, appetite whetted by the combination of the smell and sight of the herd - the way the white in their fuzzy tails sparkled when the sunlight fell just right, and the glistening of moisture on their broad, flat snouts. Juicy. His tongue swept the drool from the corners of his mouth just in time, and, to his delight, his counterpart sprang into action.

She was marvelous in her movement: the epitome of what he thought grace was, or ought to be. As the silver flash rocketed toward their target, the black and silver male stealthily pocketed around the herd, which had began an attempt to flee. It was now that he emerged from the cover of the swaying grasses, exploding forward. His tail was like a counterbalance, locking from side to side as he changed directions as to anticipate the movements of the fawn, never breaking his line of sight. The other herd members had dispersed in every which direction, and for a split second in the corner of his eye he could see the doe, sure to be the target's mother, in a state of flight or fight. The male hoped that she would not complicate the operation as he closed in on the panicking fawn, who was in position between the black and white blurs. The inexperience of the young deer would ultimately be it's downfall, as it jumped away from the female's growling and directly into Kade's functional line of sight.

He chose every movement carefully, calculating the angles and anticipating the clench as his thick body worked. This part always happens so fast, and he knew that he could not afford to plunder now. His eyes look to Jayse one last time before locking on the fawn's jugular vein, a ripple of stiff, elastic tissue concealed beneath the deer's pelt. The fawn's eyes opened wide, as it must have realized that there was no escaping this threat of the wolves. With little hesitation, the male charged the fawn, and his muscles stiffened for only a second as he lunged. Their bodies collided with full force, and as Kade pushed his weight upon the fawn, they both toppled, unleashing a cloud of dirt and pollen as their bodies hit the ground. In a feeble attempt, the fawn tried to roll to it's feet, but it was no match for the hunter's thick muscle. Kade wasted no time in clenching the deer's neck in his bone-crushing jaws, and the hot, squirting blood was <i>copacetic</i> as his canines punctured through the tough tissue. The dirt in his nostrils tickled, but it was a minor annoyance now that he could taste flesh. His body was flexed as the fawn struggled, and he tried to relax, knowing that the ghostly angel was there to seal the deal...

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i> i was going to tell you if you use the word of the day put a {word } before and [/word ] after it without spaces. it'll show up green to count :)</i>

She soared through the blades of grass, light paws barely seeming to touch the ground. This was the kinda of rush she liked, the made wind from motion zooming in her ears, and it's invisible finger's running through her coat. She kept her mind on driving the deer onward. She was wise, keeping just enough distance from hooves that could put a dent in her, yet close enough if the deer were to venture off she could close any gap. The leader would not return empty handed today. Breaths coming out in short bursts, indirectly she can see the dark streak of Kade, coming on the other side in an atheletic splendor ready to do his part. Knowing any time the chase would be done, she continued pushing her limbs feeling the burn of energy tingling in her muscles. He looked once to her, but after that it all came as a rushed blur.

In great aim he struck, and there was a mixture of black striking down the tawny mass. Her gait shifted downward, and she zipped through the tromped grass coming upon Kade clinging tight to the kill zone of the deer. She expected it to be dead, but saw the failling attempts to escape death. She never liked them to squirm, and almost felt pity taking it's life as it clearly wanted to live. It was to late to let the deer go, either way it would lose it's life....she wanted to make it quick. It's kicks feeble, and blood leaking from it's throat, and Kade's jaws. No hesitation she sees takes a clear shot to it's haunches, harshly biting the thick flesh so more blood trickles down. She holds tight till there are no more kicks, no more squirms, and the warm liquid is dripping down her own chin. Releasing she withdraws slightly, letting her pink tongue clean the blood from her face, though her face now probably looks pink itself. She aches to take a bite, but controls the temptation without much effort.

<b>"Nice work,"</b> she says, a smile lighting up her face. She admired his accute timing. It was always a blessing to have a decent hunting partner, but he was a bit more than that. He had some good skills, least it appeared. She didn't think luck had to do with what he'd done. When she thought about it, she did feel lucky to have walked into him. <b>"So, would you like to go first?"</b> She offers, feeling that would best. She plans to eat what she could, and taking what she could handle back home. She wanted to be sure he had what he needed, as he had done the most dangerous part.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
The unfolding of the fawn's demise was beautifully grim. As its last, quivering breath was lost, the male's could feel the life drain from the dusted, stiffening body. The tip of his tail twitched as he waited patiently for what he felt was the right moment to let go, although part of him was content with the sensation of warmth and the <span class='word'>sapid</span> taste of blood inside his mouth. When all was done, he released his grip and directed his attention to Jayse. His excited eyes were sure to be beaming.

"Thank you, I couldn't have done my part without you," he replied to her warmly. Their precise collaborative effort had certainly been worth the reward, a fact that he considered briefly. "Not at all," he said softly, looking over their kill for a moment before gazing at the female's pink face contently. Although his belly was scowling at him, knowing that her belly would be full was more satisfying than any meal.

He rolled onto his haunches, taking in the the late day sun that bathed the snow on the distant mountains in shades of red and gold. He laughed to himself as it crossed his mind that the colors of the landscape and the color of Jayse's muzzle and chest were nearly one in the same. He couldn't and wouldn't hide the most genuine of smiles as it emerged, spreading across his black, bloodied face, and his silver eyes smoldered in contrast as he studied the perfect angles of her face.