438 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo, Isla, Sophrosnia

they used to shout my name, now they whisper it — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Hoping for @Lachesis but AW!

She planted a kiss upon the crown of her mate before slipping out of the den he rested within. @Maksim was still not healing as she had expected, and worry fluttered at her heart. Her bright eyes blinked as she emerged to the light, the sunshine cascading down upon her golden pelt as a gentle reminder that life was indeed still plentiful as spring made its presence known.

She cast a gentle sigh, her eyes blinking as she adjusted to the brightness. Giving her pelt a shake, she began to trail forward, her nose drifting upon the ground as she picked up the scent of @Lachesis . Maksim was not yet better and she desired answers – and even more importantly, there were other aspects of the pack that needed to be discussed between the two leaders.. especially given Naia’s pregnancy.

Her pale paws loped casually through the winding paths of her home. The foliage of Hearthwood was indeed beginning to blossom, and the last lingering bits of snow has all but practically vanished. This time of year usually warmed her heart, but her concerns shadowed it instead – with calculated steps, the Baranski emitted a clipped howl, calling for the healer. He should not have been far.

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2016, 04:31 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Things were different this year. Lachesis still held onto the throne due to Maksim’s injuries healing much slower than he had anticipated and the Baranski’s were not expecting a litter of their own this spring. Instead, it was two former members of Pitch Pine Trail that would be adding their lineage to Hearthwood’s legacy. Together they had gone through the creation and demise of Pitch Pine and the move from Cut Rock to Hearthwood, strengthening their friendship through each move. XIX was still in disbelief that he was going to be a father. He was going to have to get a grasp on the situation soon; it wouldn’t be long until Naia gave birth and there would be little ones to take care of.

He had been lingering around the borders of their territory, hoping to bump into a loner skulking around, when he heard Kisla’s call through the trees. With a frown falling onto his maw he changed his course of direction in search of the agouti while wearing a perplexed expression. Had Maksim gotten worse and he’d been unaware? Or was something else troubling the green-eyed queen? He weaved through the trees, his long legs carrying him quickly through the territory as he approached his friend, eyes softening once he saw her tawny figure. “Kisla,” he greeted warmly, dipping his head respectively and brushing his cheek to hers. “Is everything alright?” He asked as he pulled away, studying her through narrowed brows. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

The ivory wolf brushed his nose to her cheek, and she exhaled softly, her own muzzle tipping forward to brush against his nape. Hearthwood River might have been small, but each wolf was intricately connected to the other with friendship and familial values -- except for perhaps @Kjors, who many still viewed with suspicion, despite her blatant acceptance of him as not just pack, but her advisor. Lachesis had been with her for both of her birthings, and she cast him a smile, albeit perhaps one that hinted sadness at the memories.

"Lach.." She paused then, releasing a soft hum as she attempted to determine her wording. "Can you.. tell me more about Maksim's condition? He doesn't seem to be getting any better." It was a hard thing -- watching the love of your life slowly wither away to nothing when it seemed like he should have been thriving by now. And yet he remained healthy enough that she clung to hope -- and so her eyes searched the healer before her, hoping for more definitive answers. Hoping to ease the ache in her heart, if even with some knowledge of what was happening to Maksim. "I just.. I miss my mate. I miss running with him -- hunting with him. I miss our discussions. Our hopes and dreams." Her voice began to quiver now, a tremor of emotion stirring along her spine. It was such a rarity for the woman to open up fully, and now that the dam had let loose, she could feel the emotion like a raw wave that threatened to swallow her in its entirety. "I need him."

sparking up my heart

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Useless was a feeling that Lachesis had only experienced once before in his short life. It was when his dear friend Shade, the father of Lachesis’ sort-of nephew Karpos, had passed away as a result of his wounds. The pale healer had been unable to do anything for the late king, which had both frustrated and devastated XIX. Maksim’s condition was of a similar calibre. While death was not on the horizon for the agouti king, his condition did not seem to be getting any better. It remained the same, stuck in a limbo; refusing to get better but also refusing to get worse. Lachesis felt useless because no matter what he did — what he tried — his condition did not alter.

Hearing the queen speak pained him; she was lost without her king by her side. They had led the river wolves through turmoil together, an unbeatable force until sickness stole her mate away from her. It was not fair. Why Maksim? What had he done to deserve this? And Kisla — she did not deserve this. All she wanted was for her family to be whole again and bring another generation of Baranski’s to Hearthwood.

He did not answer just yet. Instead, he allowed the queen to say her piece, spilling her heart onto the ground between them. It made his heart ache to hear the words fall from her tongue. I need him. His throat tightened at the statement. Kisla was not the only one that needed the green-eyed king. Lachesis felt lost without his best friend.

“He’s not getting any worse,” he started, a sigh accompanying his words, “but he doesn’t seem to be getting better. The infection is gone, but I worry it may have gotten into his blood.” There was only so much plants could do for the king now. “We just have to keep him moving — make sure he’s as active as he can be — and keep his strength up.” As much as Lachesis wanted to believe that would help, he did not know if it would. Infections were much harder to treat once they entered the bloodstream.

He touched his nose to her cheek once more in an attempt to comfort his friend, his brows furrowed. “We all need him,” he added quietly, echoing his previous thoughts. I need him… He was not supposed to be the leader of Hearthwood — this was Maksim’s pack; it would always be his pack.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you