472 Users Online
Bing, Google

White Water — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
ALL WELCOME - Subterritory Discovery: LOG-FALL FOSS -image-
About halfway through the Palisade, when the uniformity of the scenery has made most wolves' eyes blur, a flash of white cuts through the homogeny, the roaring sound of swiftly flowing water causing most passersby to pause. Here, a gathering of melt water from the mountain peak has cut a way down the steep side of the ravine. Even in the depth of winter, a small trickle continuously flows through the dark bed, the moisture attracting moss and other foliage, which grows lushly along the sides. Come spring, masses of water flush down the same trail, drowning out the tempted young plants and leaving even tall, sturdy trees tumbled in its wake; Such giving the waterfall name.

- Afternoon, Sunny - 48 ° F/9 ° C

The ground was wet, littered in shrinking piles of melting snow, flat, yellowed grass poking up in between. Spring was truly a treacherous season, just when the temperature had finally climbed enough to warrant shedding - And other things… - a sudden drop brought new snow to cover the otherwise cleared meadows, the wind feeling extra freezing against new, thinner coats. Not that Drestig minded much, it was the way of the land; In the mountains where he had grown up, spring had come even later than here, and it would be high summer before they were completely free of snow. Here at least it was a little better. The snow had barely lain for a day before the air started warming again, melting it away; Spring is here for sure! He didn't need blue skies to tell him that, though the bright, warm sun was nice all the same.

The past weeks had passed in a blur to the aging wolf, days suddenly seeming to short for him to get anything productive done. Really, all he wanted to do was hang around @Jessie, pamper her in any possible way. He knew better though, while he wanted to watch over her every second and make sure she was alright, that kind of constant coddling was bound to cause problems; He cared for her deeply, but he was not stupid, if they didn't take time apart from one another, they would end up snapping each other's heads off. So instead, Drestig had finally left the Blackberry Fields, moving north to further scout for a place for them to settle definitively. He didn't like the idea of possibly being away from her for several days, up until now he'd returned from his excursions every night, to touch base with his companion. But they would only have so much time before they were forced to stop, he wanted to make sure it was in the perfect spot.

So he promised to hurry as much as he could, and then made his way into the hilly landscape to the north, eventually following a small yet rapid river into a deep ravine. This Palisade seemed to stretch endlessly, the mounds and tall trees long disappeared behind him, while the horizon appeared as a never ending tunnel ahead. The only sign of progress was the slight change in vegetation along the waterway, rushing through the bottom of the ravine. A shifting gallery of shrubs and small trees, stretching towards the stripe of sunlight slipping down between the steep hillsides. In the end the monotony became a challenge; This can't go on forever! And so the dark wolf pressed on, determined to learn what lay beyond.

Passing hours could be traced be the angle of the light, slowly moving from one slope across the water and to the other. In the back of Drestig's head, a voice was beginning to press on, urging him to turn around so he could make it back within the next day. In fact, he was just about to, when a faint sound made his ears perk. It was no unfamiliar noise, reminiscent of the cluck of the water beside him, but wilder. Unable to stifle his curiosity, the lone wolf continued forwards, ears starting to ring as the roar grew louder with each step. Finally his eyes caught up to his hearing, a glistening band of white appearing up ahead, crashing down the mountainside to combine with the river in a bubbling pool of churning water. Well whata' you know?!

Word count: 589

"Speech" Thoughts

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2016, 07:37 PM by Drestig.)

pride12
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Once more she was outside of Hearthwood Rive r—her pace was no more carefree than any other time, as her husband grew worse with each passing day. Her worry was taking its toll, and Kisla’s once slender and healthy figure seemed thinner than usual – a hint to her own declining health from stress.

And yet she tried to remain amicable and laid back this day, as Lekalta strode with purpose beside her. The young girl had yet to seemingly grasp her father was not doing well – nor did she seem overly deterred by Inna’s lack of presence as the dark girl had chosen to scout outside of the lands for the time being. No, Lekalta was simply content with the attention showered upon her in that moment, and as they walked, Kisla found the smile upon her features becoming less forced. Her girls would be entering the adult ranks soon – and Hearthwood River would have another litter this spring.. one, that despite her own reservations of her abilities, held her heart already.

They weaved through the foliage, casual discussion thrumming between them both when two familiar scents came upon the honeyed she-wolf. Her own stride slowed, and Lekalta looked at her questioningly. Giving her daughter a reassuring smile, she followed the faint scent of oak.. and soon, Drestig’s familiar form came to her, and her gaze drifted between him and the falls he looking toward. “Drestig?” Her tone was soft – yet hesitant. “What brings you north?”

sparking up my heart

Played by Rachel who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski

Lekalta had been pretty eager to get outside of the pack borders, and while she was old enough now to do so on her own, there was something special about her mother accompanying her. Her heart ached for @Inna, who she missed terribly, but she knew her sister was not gone for long. She only regretted not going with her for her trip.

Almost as tall as her mother now, though perhaps more willow-y, as she had yet to truly fill out fully, Lekalta’s gait was a swifter pace than her mother’s, though the girl would always circle back to her side after she stepped further ahead. The day was sunny and warm, and snow began to melt away. Lekalta had enjoyed it in the winter – the first snowfall had been majestic.. but she was content that soon the leaves would once more come upon the trees, and the world would turn green again.

More importantly, she would be a year old soon!

Something in the air caused her mother to pause, and blinking at her curiously, Lekalta tipped her own muzzle back, trying to determine what it could be. Kisla reassured her silently, but the girl could not place the scent. Trailing dutifully after her mother, they came upon the dark wolf, and she studied him with open curiosity – she did not recognize him.. but her mother seemed to call him by name.

Growing bored already with the interaction, Lekalta cast her eyes upon the waterfall, the display of rushing water a sight she had not seen before. “Wow! That’s so cool!” The interruption was instant, and her paws itched to go further and investigate, though her eyes fell upon the man before her. “Is that yours?”

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2016, 11:50 AM by Lekalta.)

are you deranged like me? are you strange like me?
lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Ember eyes were trained on the cascades of falling water as the dark man silently wondered at the sheer volume. Somewhere up there, on the mountain, a lot of snow and ice had to be melting to make such a spectacular sight. Raven ears flicked back, as the sound of steps in the wet snow claimed his attention. His head turned, just in time for his gaze to fall on the familiar silhouette, before she called to him. "Kisla!" He answered, surprise lazing his voice, though it was otherwise friendly, ears flicked forwards. He hadn't considered the possibility of running into her or any of her pack mates, but now that he thought about it; "Yes, I suppose I'm not that far from your River…" It was mumbled lower, more to himself, though it was probably still audible to the golden-pelted dame – And her companion, she wasn't alone. The tawny girl, though almost as tall, was clearly younger than Kisla, unmistakably a pup, even if she'd reached adult measurements. Drestig's eyes grew soft as they fell on her, a smile appearing on his dark lips at her first words, and a burst of laughter leaving him at the next.

Bushy, grey-tipped tail started to wag, a bright twinkle in his eyes as the man slowly shook his head, answering the child in a friendly voice: "Oh no my dear, I can't lay claim to it. I'm simply a passerby lucky enough to stumble upon it." He continued to smile, politely turning his attention back to Kisla; "Your daughter, I presume?" Though he knew little of her children, having never met any of them, the resemblance between the green eyed lass and her honeyed companion was clear as day. The child held all of the spunk one would expect from her age, and Drestig could still see her out the corner of his eye, inching closer to the waterfall, obviously uninterested in the adult conversation. The dark lad should have liked to join her, however, being one of the aforementioned adults, he had his responsibilities, and Kisla had asked a question.

Still smiling, albeit a little more strained, the dark-furred wolf lowered himself into a seat on the snow-dusted ground, anticipating a longer explanation ahead. Though, to start off, he simply said: "Circumstances have brought me here, searching for somewhere new to call home. I've left Oak Tree Bend."

Word count: 398

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Kisla's brows lifted at Lekalta's question, her eyes drifting to study her youthful daughter r-- a small smile threatened her muzzle, but she spoke nothing for the moment. Clearly she would need to teach her daughter more about borders and respecting them -- surely if the waterfall had been Drestig's lands, they would not have stumbled upon it so blatantly. "She is -- this is Lekalta, one of my two youngest. Her sister, Inna, is currently traveling." It had pained her to allow her young daughter go, but she trusted the girl would be back - and that she would stay clear of trouble. They were almost within the adult ranks, after all.

One ear would flicker in his direction, and her eyes shifted back to him once more. It was interesting news to the honeyed woman, and she tipped her muzzle slightly, wondering what had happened -- was it her place to ask? "If you need a place to rest, Hearthwood River would be open to having you," she offered without hesitation. She might not have known what it was that had transpired between the man and her family, but she did not think ill of him, and the invitation was given out of trust and respect.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski

Her eyes were cast unabashedly upon the waterfall - though the man's voice drew her focus toward him. He did not say it was his, and she wondered if that meant she would freely be able to return and see it once more-- perhaps she could take Inna here.. or, even better..@Lachesis. He might have had puppies with Naia this year, but surely that was only an arrangement -- surely his heart burned only for her? After all, they had gotten lost in a blizzard together. That was far more romantic than having puppies! He must have felt that same pull to her as she did for him.

Lost in whimsical thoughts for only a few stolen moments, the yearling only snapped to attention when Kisla offered the dark man a place to rest, and she wondered if it was only for a rest, or as permanent residence. It wasn't that she was disinterested in the conversation, but she found the waterfall far more riveting than the two adults talking, and with a tentative step, her eyes grazed Drestig once more. "May I?" He had not claimed the waterfall as his, but somehow it felt polite to ask if she could investigate this discovery further, and her eyes directed themselves to her mother as well, awaiting permission from either -- she wanted to go plan her first romantic date with the pack's healer.

Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

His eyes remained fixed on Kisla, waiting for her reaction, a hint of anxiety creeping into his mind. As moments passed with no hostility though, he relaxed a bit. Her response surprised him though, warmth spreading in his chest, there might be some hope for them then, should all else fail. Dark lips parted to answer the golden woman, but he was interrupted by Lekalta's question. Warm eyes shifted to the young girl, a smile once again gracing his features as he looked at her, her whole face alight with curious anticipation. "If your mother has no qualms, I certainly won't stop you." He assured, winking at the lass before looking back to Kisla.

He allowed time for the mother to give her permission too, before returning to his answer, bowing his head in thanks as he explained: "Thank you Kisla, that truly means a lot to me. But I'm not travelling alone, Jessie and I both left the Bend, to start a pack of our own." He saw no reason to lie, in fact with the previous, amiable reaction, he hoped there might be chance of an alliance, should they end up settling close by. Again he was left waiting for a reaction, though this time he was less tense. His eyes even strayed, watching Lekalta in her exploration of the fallen trees and cascading waters. She'll understand, he thought to himself with a small, crooked smile. After all, all he wanted was what she had.

Word count: 247

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Kisla’s gaze followed Lekalta as she giddily skipped off – no doubt more happy about escaping her mother’s side than exploring the impressive falls. A small smile flitted to her features, and she directed her attention back to Drestig, her slender shoulders lifting in a gentle shrug as if to say ‘eh, kids.’

What did capture her intrigue was the mention of Jessie, and how the woman was with him – were they mated? Her eyebrows arched slightly in surprise as she made to process the information before her – never would she have believed the loyal Jessie to leave the Tainn pack, given she had been there for as long as Kisla could remember.. before she was born, even. “I would say congratulations – but are they in order?” Her tone was quiet, her voice non-judgmental. Whether the man had left because of a fallout with her family or not, she held no qualms against him – unless he had devastated them somehow. “My invitation extends to Jessie as well. She was a member of Swift River for as long as I can remember.” She trailed off then, recalling her sister, as well.. Cali. “Do you plan on settling within the vicinity?” Given his polite denial of her invitation, she could only assume he intended to claim lands of his own.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski

With general adult consensus, the girl cast a wide grin to the two before scooching off, her creamy paws swiftly lumbering toward the direction of the falls. Kisla's voice could be heard, but it was soon becoming fainter was the rumbling of the falls grew louder. She wasn't necessarily interested in the packs politics, so this was a pleasant distraction as she drew nearer.

Water quietly sprayed her face -- enough to refresh her, and loping along the banks, Lekalta's eyes traced along the drop to the water, watching the whirling rapids as they went further downstream. The River was not so swift -- and she wondered how treacherous its depths were. Surely one could not swim in this? But it was truly a sight to look to -- the bed of moss growth as a canvas across rocks, and green floor.. the girl inhaled sharply, her tail sweeping through the air behind her as she finally got a true taste of what the world outside of home could offer -- Lekalta now had her first taste of adventure, and she had to say she'd enjoyed it.. perhaps Inna would be home soon, and the girls could further explore the Lore together when they were older.