711 Users Online
Eclypse, Bing, Ryder, Google

the night's too long — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Dot who has 133 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Merys Adroren
Finish soon? ^_^

The four year old was content that Kisla wasn't pushing him on his whereabouts. While the Notch wolves were instructed to avoid the River wolves, he didn't believe that this encounter would cause much damage, especially if they kept the anonymity level where it was currently. They weren't plotting against their packs, and he didn't believe he had said or done anything truly offensive with her that could sabotage their safety. But really, who could know with alpha politics. He rolled his eyes mentally, and turned his attention back to his company and away from the puzzle that wasn't worth deciphering.

He laughed at the green-eyed femme then, "My my, you River wolves are working the recruiting arm hard, aren't you?" He left his expression kind and unmocking. Co-leader? This must be Lachesis' right hand lady, coincidentally. Uh oh, now he was in for it. Flirting with, not one, but both River alphas. The atrocity. "Lachesis offered me the same, my dear, but I'm afraid I will have to give you the same answer I gave him and politely decline," he said smoothly, allowing a hint of apology into his low voice. Well, he guessed that if the Notch ever didn't work out, he knew he had a place to come to. So long as they don't know you're a Notch wolf, la di da, he scolded sarcastically again to himself. He looked around, feeling as though the end of this encounter was nearing, then back to her. "Thank you though, Kisla. I will keep the River wolves in mind." For more reasons than one, I'm sure.
WHITE FIR Notch
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
[Image: o8qr2qh.png]
founding member | 2016
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Thanks for the thread!

Her offer was received with a laugh – and given the she-wolf knew very little of the stranger before her, she was uncertain how to take this. Her wolfish brows lifted higher in surprise, waiting for him to reveal the pun that might have coaxed such amusement from him.

Something about the River wolves extending their recruitment – and then Lachesis’ name fell from the wolf’s lips. Of course, the stranger had not thought to make it known he knew of the white healer.. and within moments, what amicable conversation they might have had before was now riddled with suspicion as the honeyed wolf backtracked her thoughts. The conversation seemed less casual now, and as the regal considered anything she had said to him as nothing important, only then did she relax.

And in turn, her own lips curled up in amusement, though perhaps colder now. Closed off. After all – something was off for the wolf to not have mentioned he had met one of her own – especially as he had been so curious about her only moments before.

“The invitation is not a permanent one,” she noted then, her eyes flickering over him before she gave a nod. If anything, the sudden distrust she felt for the man had left that option in flames, though she did not bother to share this bit. “Take care of yourself, Merys,” she offered in turn, taking the cue that their conversation had come to a close.

Her own slender form took her leave then – pale paws moving forward, determined to continue to look for her daughter once more.. and making a special note to ask @Lachesis what he thought of her brief interlude.

sparking up my heart

Played by Dot who has 133 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Merys Adroren
Yes! It was nice to have a speedy one! Archived.

He had almost escaped this encounter on a high note. Merys watched before him as the female's demeanor fizzled. Did the female not take rejection well? Were the lovers having a quarrel? Was her distrust of him stemmed from the slip of the tongue in mentioning the healer's name? Well, damn. Her expression was confirmed with her words, and the encounter was finished thereafter. Merys' smile faltered, and watched with a confused tilt of his head as the female turned to leave. "Alright then," he concluded quietly for himself and he watched her tail disappear behind the trees.

He looked around then, recognizing his new solitude. He breathed a deep sigh and stood. "You too," he spoke to her, though she was long gone. It went better than it could have, and perhaps as good as it could have as well. Who knew. Maybe she was the grumpy guts who caused problems with Gent and Raela. Who knew. His brow furrowed at the thought of solving the puzzle again. Who cared. He returned the thought to the back of his head. His nose led him closer to the end of a cliff with an opening to the view of down below. This time his sigh was one of relaxation and contentment. He had needed this. The encounter had been chance, but this.. this quiet and freshness and expansive view. This was what he had needed.
WHITE FIR Notch
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
[Image: o8qr2qh.png]
founding member | 2016