463 Users Online
Baidu, Bing, Google

neighbors and strangers — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Ruenna Here we go, kind of rushed!

He had never been much of a traveler, he preferred to remain close to his family for fear of some ill mishap, or the trespass of some wanderer but since losing his rank as leader the ashen male had taken the liberty of traveling the likes of Relic Lore more frequently. He never strayed too far, a days worth of traveling at the most, and he always had an motive for his wandering--today, he hoped to run into an unfamiliar face. So much progress had been stopped since his departure and he had plenty of months of making up to do in order to attempt in making Broken Timber Pines the pack he knew it could become and his first stop was always recruiting. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he actually sat down and spoke of anything other than pack politics and growing his kingdom; owning his own pack had become both a curse and a blessing.

He knew he was far from Secret Falls when the altitude made breathing harder and his muscles began to strain from the incline, the exact territory he was unsure but he knew that he had probably been here before. He spent most of his years as a Relic Lore wolf, and the land was becoming more familiar to him as years went on. Today, there was nothing more interesting than the scents that filled his moist nostrils, and he lingered a moment or two to inhale the stench of Spring--flowers were beginning to bud and bugs were starting to roam. His tail flicked lazily behind him as bright gold eyes stared off into the distance, having found the scent of wolf in the wind but uncertain where the wolf had ventured off to.

Played by Siki who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
The reason he couldn't see the wolf on the wind was because she was hiding. Not from Koda, though; Rue had absolutely no idea that he was there, and had carefully positioned herself upwind of her target, which just so happened to be downwind of him. The girl had been stalking the same white-furred hare for the better part of the morning, but not because she was hungry. Crouched down underneath a sparse, dry bush, Rue watched the hare gleefully, unable to keep her rump from wiggling side to side even though she didn't plan on rushing at it. "The delicate creature stops to bathe himself," she whispered, eager brown eyes fixed on the animal as it paused and began to rub its head, thinking itself perfectly safe. "See how he makes sure to clean the length of each ear, surely his pride and joy, the pinnacle of his species-"

She was cut off by a sudden bad feeling, and saw a second too late the movement from above, her jaw still open from being mid-sentence as the raptor swept down and latched its thick talons into her hare. "HEY," she yelled, feeling a lash of panic and indignant surprise, "Hey, that's not yours, get o-" But obviously the eagle didn't care; within a moment it had gone, hare in tow, after giving Rue a sharp, smug glance. "Sunnovabitch!" she cried after it, teeth bared and heart beating, dashing to where the hare had been moments ago. "He had a name! Roberto was going home to his family! His wife had been cheating! His children aren't his! I was gonna watch the fallout!"
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Ok @Ruenna is adorable!

The sound came almost as swiftly as the figure; a blur of feathers, talons and beak. He ducked, out of pure instinct but his eyes were fixated on the ground as he watched the defenseless creature fall victim to its inevitable fate. If it hadn't been an Eagle, it would have surely been one of the other numerous carnivores roaming the Lore in search of an easy snack, just lucky for it the fate had been swift and unexpected. No sooner did the Eagle begin its ascend did he hear the screech of a female voice who had obviously been in pursuit of the rabbit for reasons other than filling her belly--she had in fact been expecting some drama filled show. His head tilted to the side, ears perked in momentary thought as to whether he'd actually witnessed a hare family dispute, and after shaking his head he decided that this girl was probably more so just in pursuit of something to do. Or, she really could just be crazy. Pursing his lips he set his paws in motion to where the young beauty stood, searching her face which bore a look that had apparently suffered shock. "You are aware that Eagles eat hare too? he questioned after finally reaching a considerate speaking distance.

From here he could see Ruenna's chocolate gaze, slender physique and youthful wildness that gave him the assumption that this woman was not yet of child bearing age, and was perhaps a loner. He attempted to seem nonthreatening, but considering his size he was not sure how well that would go over; at least one thing was apparent, he continued to favor his hind limb. He no longer necessarily  hid it, considering his aging physique and graying pelt he was sure that Ruenna could sense he was seasoned, and meant no harm. "you planning on chasing that Eagle, perhaps maybe he'll play nice and drop him. I can't guarantee fluffy will be in one piece." and he sneered, licking his lips in the process.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
<33 she's gonna be 2 come May, so technically is an 'adult', but it is confusing since her age currently says '1 Year' :P

Obviously the eagle couldn't have cared less for her protestations, and Rue watched it soar away, the poor hare firmly in its grasp. The narrative she'd been nursing for hours, gone just like that... or, more rightly, it had just come to a violent, unexpected end, like most stories did. She pouted at the sky, ears held out to the side in disappointment, huffing her displeasure before movement in the corner of her eye turned her head.

The man looked a little bemused at her outcry, which was to be expected, but she just lifted her head in stubborn defence of what she'd said. She was hardly ashamed of it. At his gentle but teasing question, she pulled a face, 'yeah, yeah', but there was no real aggression behind it. Rue twisted herself about to properly face the large, older wolf, amused that her outburst had drawn him closer, and wondering if he'd been eyeing Roberto himself. Well, he was lucky that it had been the eagle to get there first! Hah, as if she could've stopped someone like this. "Nah," she shrugged, a smile finally creeping onto her face, "that's how his story ends. I was getting tired of just watching him eat, poop and clean over and over again, anyway. I'm sure his family will manage."

She stood fairly fearless before the stranger, aware of their disparity in strength and yet not appearing to acknowledge it; the man hadn't proven himself anything to be scared of yet. A few jeering remarks about a snowshoe were hardly that damning. Fixing him with a mock-judgemental glare, she said: "you weren't thinking of eating the poor guy, were you?"
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
*palm to face* sorry. I guess I should have noticed that. @Ruenna

As if the eagle knew they were still discussing it, he heard the cry it made after having finally disappeared into the distance, as if laughing at the two wolves who could have easily taken the hare as a snack. Fortunately for Roberto his hunger had been quelled from a few unfortunate mice and bitter berries he'd managed to find along his trek to Windsong Fjord, after his injury he hadn't been much of a hunter but with each day he knew that his ankle was growing stronger and within time he'd be completely healed. When Ruenna spoke it took nearly everything within him not to chuckle with laughter at her response--he couldn't imagine the life of a rabbit being too exciting.  "That sounds spot on actually, you must have been watching him for quite a while." he shifted his weight, finally giving the young girl a smile, it was a gesture in showing that he actually enjoyed her company. It had been quite some time since he'd found meaningless conversation and it was flowing just as easily as it was the notes from any pack meeting he'd held.

He rolled his tongue over his teeth next, shaking his head in answer of her question. His question had meant to be in jest, nothing too serious but he suppose it was an honest and accurate assumption that a wolf would just as easy be in pursuit of rabbit during a time when big game had most likely migrated to warmer more lush ground. Soon though they would be returning and he couldn't wait to feel the flesh of red meat upon his tongue. "I'm more into fatty red meat. You know, the dangerous kind" the thought made room in his stomach but he pushed the thought of food from his mind, he was in no condition to give chase and he certainly had no other wolves to assist in a take down.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2016, 08:49 AM by Koda.)

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
Ruenna wasn't nearly so restrained as he; at his smiling observation, she laughed, her posture switching smoothly back to relaxed from her faux-interrogative manner. Of course she knew how ridiculous it was for a wolf to stalk a hare for no real reason, and was more than able to poke fun at herself. A lopsided grin growing on her face, she watched the older man, quickly putting the sad end of Roberto behind her; he was a prey animal, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Had her stomach been growling that morning when she first spotted him hopping happily among the grass, her intentions towards the critter would have been entirely different.

"Ohh," she said, with an exaggerated turn of the head in a 'oh THAT's what you are' sort of way, she smirked at him, dancing a step to the side in her uncontainable energy (and yet also knowing to preserve the space between them, she wasn't that stupid). "You're a thrill-seeker. I betchu like battling boars, prancing with pronghorns, messing with moose, and even growling at grizzlies!" Sagely she bowed her head, though the grin reappeared quickly. "I'm totally the same, totally, only my idea of a dangerous meal is a beaver, so it's not quite as impressive." Winking, she laughed again, the sound high and light like a bird, her tail waving freely behind her.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Ruenna

He noticed Ruenna's posture change to something more light, almost inviting, and the older male felt the weight of the pressure of conversing fall from his shoulders as his own thick tail wagged softly behind him. It had been some time since he'd been around someone as kind and joking as Ruenna and he actually enjoyed it--it helped him escape the reality of why he'd actually come here. His urge for constant recruitment had made him tired, seemingly anti-social as his concern was what one could offer and bring to the pack, it felt like forever since he'd gotten the chance to just shoot the bird and talk of nothing of real importance. This young woman actually reminded him of his own daughters, he knew that they would be quite the hand full at nearly a year old, the urge of dating and the pressures of finding themselves was always the hardest when one came of age but it seemed Ruenna had managed to elude those troubles and it showed with the shine of her amber eyes. "Don't be silly, I don't go looking for danger, I'll leave that to the adolescent's if they fancy playing with their food. I have taken down my fair share though, more than once" 

He remembered the first taste of the hunt, the exhilarating feeling of wind beneath his paws and the thundering growl of the pack as they chased the weaker hooved creature into a corner and dug their teeth into its flesh. Along the way he learned lessons that could only be learned after near deaths and errors--and with age he learned to leave larger carnivores where they stood if possible. It was apparent that Ruenna was joking, but Koda still remembered the incident that had caused him to flee to Relic Lore and hoped to never experience it again, "so you're a strong swimmer then?" he questioned, having rarely been successful in hunting down the elusive river rats himself.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2016, 10:12 AM by Koda.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
Don't be silly, he said, and her smile took on a brief, slightly wry edge. Oh, if she had a pebble for every time she'd heard those three small words... Not that she was offended, or thought that he was demeaning her - they were innocent words, completely innocent, and the wag in her tail didn't miss a single beat.

Her assessment of him had been wrong, apparently! No grizzly-growling to be had by this man, nosiree. Politely she listened, deciding that he was definitely of the more serious sort, even if he had been willing to temporarily engage in her folly - the fact that he needed to say that he'd had successful kills was evidence of that, for who really needed to clarify that sort of thing? She nodded along with him, lips pursed in seriousness at his declaration of his own competence. Yes, yes, very impressive.

His question, though, took her by surprise: "Huh?" was her initial response, until she quickly realised the connection between his query and what she'd just said, and it prompted her to laugh again, shaking her head. "Oh - no, not really. I mean, I don't get a lot of practice... maybe that's why beavers make for such a risky meal to me."

Since the conversation had started to include the more personal questions, she assumed he was interested in more meaningful talk, something less whimsical than the affairs of hares. That suited the young Tainn just fine. "I'm Rue. Ruenna. It's nice to meet you."
(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2016, 11:28 AM by Ruenna.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier

He hadn't noticed, but much of the time he'd been in @Ruenna's  company a lopsided grin was planted on his face, a sign that he'd been in need of some unexpected company. He lowered his head only to shake the thoughts of guilt that came over him when @Iopah entered his mind; he'd betrayed her before, and he couldn't afford for her to feel any less important. Clearing his throat, as a means to remind himself to keep on track, his head lifted once more to gaze at her, and after he forced a chuckle he nodded his head at her words, having only ever tasted beaver a handful of times a yearling. "I see where you were heading with that," and he fell silent, an awkward silence overcoming him. He wasn't quite sure why he suddenly felt so guilty to be around her, as if enjoying her company had suddenly become a sin in his promise to Iopah; he wasn't even sure where they stood anymore. "I'm Koda Renier, and its an unexpected pleasure in meeting you as well Ruenna." he wasn't sure which she preferred, but it was safer in his mind if he used her full name, as it was the most proper.

It was after the second awkward silence that he heard it, the soft sound of splashing near the shallow pond and without realizing it his ears remained trained on it, and before he knew it he'd turned his full attention on the still water that house a group of fish. It was convenient that they were discussing water and it seemed to have appeared out of no where--or, he hadn't noticed it until then. A inaudible grumble from his stomach and he looked at Ruenna, "I know we just met, but how do you feel about fishing?" he asked.  Considering that he'd recently returned from being lost and his primary concern was to return to his previous health, he was hoping that she  would accept his invitation. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2016, 08:25 AM by Koda. Edit Reason: I dont know what happened to my coding at the end... )