391 Users Online
Bing

Is something still scaring you? — Celestial Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Forward dated to the 6th if that's okay? @Koda
The sun is setting, and the air is cool.

It was strange at first; getting back into the swing of things. However, being the same wolf he'd always been, Darrah felt as if he simply had no time to lose. The ravened yearling almost immediately reinstated his former Guardian training, patrolling just about every surrounding area he could find. Including, oddly enough, a territory his paws had never been granted the pleasure of gracing before. These lands bared a large, no, ginormous waterfall, the clearest body of water he'd ever laid eyes on, and another, smaller fall; almost minuscule in comparison to it's friend. The sight was mesmerizing, instantaneously bringing back a forgotten memory of the time he'd met @Karina at the Secret Falls. Sure did feel like ancient history now, though he was fond of it nonetheless.

"Beautiful.." Darrah smiled, closing the space between the cerulean water and himself. And just like that silly old memory, the yearling found himself unable to fight the temptation of taking a dip. Although a bit chilly, It felt just as amazing as he'd expected, but the boy had always loved swimming. Noting the plentiful amount of fish the area had to offer, the Tainn couldn't help but wonder if @Spieden had been lucky enough to stumble across this location, and if not, he'd be sure to show her some day.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2016, 09:55 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Might as well incorporate his RE since we're near water anyway! @Darrah

RE: Koda, you come across a small pond choked full of tadpoles.

Comfortable weather kept him cool as he walked, a near trot in his step, toward the far reaches of Celestial Falls, a place of foreign and unknown origin. He rarely traveled to the southern side of the Lore but thoughts of Camio had returned to him and their last meeting made him question his whereabouts--had he remained in the darkness of the shadow casting forest? Luck had allowed a decent amount of sunlight to creep toward the forest floor allowing him a few feet of visibility ahead of him but silence was his constant companion as vibrant eyes turned in the direction of anything that stirred. Considering the lack of visitors to Umbra Copse he was certain the inhabitants were as uncertain of the guest as he were of them. His footfalls came down with uncertain strength, kicking around fallen dirt and debris as he stumbled over hidden roots and rotten logs--this land was nothing like Broken Timber Pines, despite the plethora of trees.

After finally getting his limbs under control he heard the uncanny sound of falling water and followed the sound for a mile or more before the feeling of soft dirt signified that he had come across moist land. In front of him was a large waterfall and a smaller water source, both of them were falling free of chilly water and teeming with live fish and other aquatic wildlife. He ventured closer to the smaller pond in hopes of a well needed drink, and when he dipped his head toward the surface he noticed a shadow move in the opposite direction--closer inspection confirmed that this shadow was in fact newly hatched tadpoles. His nose broke the surface, attempting to shoo the tadpoles further away so that he could drink without interruption but they were much too clustered together and hardly moved any further than a few inches, disgusted he turned on his toes toward the larger, louder waterfall. In the midst of the water stood a dark figure who was of adult height and weight, he looked young though, much younger than Koda, but he could not tell from sight alone how old Darrah actually was. From this distance it looked as if the darker male was in search of food, most likely fish, and Koda eased closer just a bit before settling to his haunches in wait of what this wolf could catch--from that moment on, his thirst had been forgotten.  

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Darrah Tainn

Darrah hesitated for a moment, eyeballing each fish individually as if to size them up before actually trying anything. He'd picked out the biggest one first, having felt particularly lucky this evening, and even chased after it a bit before something was caught out of his peripheral vision. Or rather, someone. How long had they been watching him, and more importantly why hadn't they said anything? The yearling couldn't help but wonder if they had been planning to remain unnoticed the whole time. "Uhh, hey?" he questioned, now standing completely still in the body of water. "Yeah, Uh.. I'm not very good at the whole fishing thing. Not sure how interesting this is going to be for you, right?" strange. Every last wolf he'd met since his return had been so freaking strange. So much for being lucky.

It hadn't taken much longer for the prince to realize that remaining in the water wouldn't benefit him at all had the foreigner decided to attack. Creeping back toward land, he made sure not to take his eyes off of the man even for a second, all the while waiting almost impatiently for any explanation he'd be willing to offer. 'Probably would have been more impressive had I actually caught something, at least then he'd know I'm not an idiot.'

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2016, 08:53 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He didn't expect to remain in the background for long. From sight alone, Koda's bulk clashed against the backdrop of serene water and rippling pools, and his scent of pine needles and moss was easy to decipher from the stench of mildew and rainwater, therefore when Darrah finally caught him out of his peripheral vision the pale male merely dipped his head in greeting. He was sure that weird thoughts were reeling in the young males head, especially of why another wolf was sitting there without uttering a word and watching him, without movement. Koda remained silent up until the words from his company came forward. He had grown bored from starting conversations, opting instead for intruding and waiting for how the other would respond--it was one particular way he was getting his fun, aside from the constant traveling. He came toward Darrah slowly, never averting his gaze and when he was certain that the other was convinced that Koda was some delusional stalker in search of trouble, he cleared his throat and attempted to rectify the strange encounter, though his gaze never left the reddish hued eyes of his counterpart.  "I'm not interested in the fish actually," he started, settling once more on his haunches when he had come close enough to the edge of the pool. "where on earth did you get that strange mark on your head?" he questioned, head cocking to the side. In all the years of his living he had never met a wolf with a marking as neat and defined as Darrah's, and the shape itself was of nothing he had never seen before.

He was content with standing where he could not get himself wet, though thirst had slowly made its way back to the base of his throat and he swallowed in an attempt to moisten his tongue. It was only when he waited  for his counterparts response that he lowered his head to the surface of the pool, and to his surprise he saw the flutter of a few tadpoles attempting to hide from his shadow--disgusted he pawed at the water this time, wanting to scare the pests. Where on goodness were these creatures coming from and why did they continue to hinder his ability to drink without getting a mouth full of very little calorie sea pests. After having successfully scared them he lowered his head, allowing his salmon hued tongue to lap with the speed of a wolf having nearly become dehydrated before finally stepping back to observe his surroundings. He wondered if this wolf had found a home in these neck of the spooky woods.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Darrah Tainn

Darrah couldn't tell if the stranger's intent was to be rude, or if he was just a blunt wolf by nature. Either or, the heir couldn't help but take offense to the comment. After all, that strange mark was just another grim reminder that Nayeli had indeed existed at one point or another, no matter how hard he'd try to repress the memories away. "You act as if I just went and plucked it off the ground somewhere." he rolled his eyes, placing his rump on the soft grass that surrounded the waterfall. 'Psh, like I'd ever do that. Zera should of got the damn mark, not me.'

"Unfortunately, it was a gift from my mother. Or rather, genetics. Strangely enough they've been rather unforgiving to me." the Tainn sighed, watching his company swat at something he'd found in the waters. "Er, Is there.. What're you doing now?"  He'd supposed a fish or two had gotten in the way of the mans tongue, though wouldn't it make more sense to catch the little buggers rather than scaring them away? Not that logic had been very prominent in his recent encounters, perhaps it'd just be easier for him to stop questioning the actions of others from here on out.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Hehe, Koda's being a little weird. @Darrah !

Once the words fell from his mouth, and he settled to his haunch, he realized that the question had come out much more harsh than he had intended. He didn't mean to make the other male feel like an object to behold, in all honesty his marking wasn't that odd, but a combination of travel, fatigue and pain had made him seem a bit irritable and irrational in his speaking. He inhaled deeply once the male responded, a hint of shock and anger in his voice. It was justified, considering Koda's question had made him think of a woman he apparently had issues with, and before he replied he thought long and hard on what to say next to make the male feel less like an oddity and more like an individual,  "I apologize then. I did not mean to make you think of her." he was not familiar with many wolves who disliked their mothers, and he assumed it could be because of a handful of reason's, one being abandonment.

He supposed his act of getting rid of the tadpoles had been rather strange, and he merely smiled when the male asked him what he was doing in regard to them crowding the watering pool--it had been obvious hadn't it? "I was shooing away the tadpoles. There are hundreds of them, nasty little things." he shuddered, shaking his head at the thought of actually swallowing one. That would have been disgusting. "I probably scared away your fish doing that, my apologies again." he supposed his act had helped to chase away what fish he had been intending to catch and he eyed the water in wonder--this meeting with Darrah hadn't been going as planned.
(This post was last modified: May 14, 2016, 07:01 AM by Koda.)

Darrah Tainn
He's so cute ^u^!!

Darrah nodded at his company, heavily appreciating the opportunity to stop talking about his mother. What a foul, corrupt woman she was. The wench didn't deserve any further thought, in his honest opinion. "No need to apologize, how could you have known? It is sort of a strange marking, after all." he let out a halfhearted chuckle, swiping at the very spot on his forehead a few times before finally settling back in.

"Tadpole's you say.. Can't say I blame you." They most certainly didn't appear very appetizing, though the prince couldn't say he'd ever indulged in them personally. "Don't worry about it, yeah? I wasn't really fishing anyways. More so observing I guess." He was far more interested in the pool of water itself, with all of it's nostalgia and what have you. The fish were more of an added bonus, though very easy to forget about in the long run. He probably wouldn't have even bothered to bring any home. "So, I guess I should apologize for being rude now, right? I was out of line.. Suppose I've just had some strange encounters as of late." Not that he'd proven himself any different from the others, but there was no need to make enemies over nothing. Especially considering he'd just returned.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 19, 2016, 09:31 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
<3! Sucky post, sorry!

Withdrawing his attention from the water, the timber elder gave the briefest of smiles to Darrah after having gotten past the conversation pertaining his mother. His own family was now a blur, he could faintly remember his mother, father and siblings but what stood out most was the horrible incident that had separated them from him, causing him to search toward the far reaches of Relic Lore, his family had become a series of pack members until having finally started his own, twice. 
He harbored little dislike for his previous mate, more so disappointment but what remained of her and the pack she ruled became a faint memory of tangled misinterpretations--what he felt for Secret Woodlands was no more, and they were no longer his family. Perhaps the way he felt toward those of the pack was similar to how Darrah felt of his mother, and suddenly the tawny male felt sympathy for the younger male, such a shame that his mother and he could not get along. "Where are you from?" he wondered then, dismissing the males attempt to apologize for his previous words and actions. It was of no big deal to Koda, if it had then surely the two would be at each others throat instead of conversing calmly. 

Darrah Tainn
Don't apologize! I liked it OuO!! 
Also, obviously feel free to disregard Darrah's attempts at recruitment if he ends up taking that route. The boy's eager to please his daddy XD.

The question caught Darrah off guard, probably because he was genuinely expecting the male to accept his apology. It had always made the Tainn feel a bit awkward telling people where he was from, he never knew if an honest answer would be appropriate or simply put his family in some sort of danger. Though recruitment was never frowned upon at the Bend, and how else to get the word out other than answering inquiry's such as this? "Oak Tree Bend.." He stated anxiously, eyeballing the stranger for any sort of confirmation that he'd been familiar with the location. "We're exactly north of here, I hadn't traveled far before I stumbled across this place.."

Darrah didn't want to give the man much time to think about the prince's home, not until he knew what kind of wolf he was. With that, the raven wasted no time in playing through the possible conversation detours in his head. "And you.. Where do you come from?" He prodded, though the stranger hadn't smelt of any place in particular. 'Maybe a lone wolf?' Hopefully, that'd mean he didn't have any friends lingering about waiting to stir up trouble. That also meant that recruitment could be taken into consideration, always a plus.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
No problem!

He posed a classic question that would often strike hesitation from a wolf that was either running from something or hiding information because of fear of the reaction, either way he looked at Darrah and noticed that he had done exactly as most loners would--there had been a reason for his departure from home. Perhaps his mother had been the direct cause. When Oak Tree Bend was mentioned, he felt his ears perk forward and intrigue covered his features, genuine interest flooded him in anticipation of whom this wolf was connected to. It had been, after all, months since he'd seen a Tainn.
  "I have met a few from Oak Tree Bend, quite a nice bunch of wolves actually. They tend to keep to themselves, which I'm starting to believe is the custom to those living beyond the mountain range." it was hard not to be elusive after all, given the fact that the mountain's were the best way to keep those of faint heart from trespassing.  "I am actually from Broken Timber Pines, a few miles Northwest of Oak Tree Bend. Does a Drestig or Triell still remain with the pack?" he questioned, head tilting to the side. Both men had been instrumental in leading to an alliance, and he hoped that through this new wolf, he could strengthen the bond.