(See All?) Announcements
650 Users Online
Google, Bing

Don't rain on my parade, it's gonna glow in the dark. — Magnolia Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
@Ruenna set for 5/7 if you don't mind? I can change it though xD. 
Sunny, mid-afternoon.

Had Darrah really been so oblivious as to not take note of the beautiful territories surrounding the Bend his last time around? It was apparently so, for he'd just stumbled across a second magnificent landscape that'd been previously untouched by his bulky black paws. Though he supposed it'd be unfair to be too unforgiving, the yearling had experienced so much trauma in the past. Everything had been so cloudy back then, he solemnly failed to notice anything, and that was honestly probably for the better. The mind worked in mysterious ways, especially under pressure. If fogging a few months out here and there was what it took for the Tainn to keep his grip on sanity, well, so be it.

Darrah had yet to see anything even remotely similar to this specific area. The ground was layered in a lush moss, it actually felt quite pleasant on his feet when compared to all the damn snow he'd been surrounded with his time away from the Bend. The tree's were blooming some sort of strange pink flower, and sun peeked damn near perfectly through them. The scene was almost too lovely, leaving the prince questioning if even for only a moment whether or not this was some sort of dream. "I wonder if @Sahalie is into this kind of thing, I could invite her along next time.." though of that he was unsure, was his kin girly enough to appreciate such sights? And what exactly did that say about him? "Wait.. Why am I here again?"

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2016, 10:57 AM by Darrah. Edit Reason: I'M STUPID IM SO SORRY DXX )
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Siki who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
The 7th of April or May? Not that it matters to me, Rue's timeline is flexible like a slinky <3

There were so many amazing places to check out in this land! Having skirted around the north of the mountain range, and spent a little time to the west of it, Ruenna had, in a typical moment of spontaneous decisiveness, given herself two more sunsets to reach the other side.

Oh boy, that had been a push. Determined not to fail at her own completely arbitrary and self-imposed deadline, Rue had struggled over the mountainous pass at its northern end, not entirely used to its unique kind of dangerous terrain. Stubborness overcame all, though (or just got you killed) and by the time that sun was falling below the mountain to the west, she was completely exhausted and almost too desperate for sleep to appreciate it.

But she had made it, and had tucked herself away in an abandoned, hidden den made by something almost a little too small, and had slept clear through to midday, dead to the world.

The explorations would not cease just because one target had been met; the deadline which had driven her so hard over the last two days was promptly forgotten, and once she finally emerged, stretching and aching but feeling fantastic, Rue had continued to trot south-east, following a river she'd discovered and quenched her thirst at. Before long, she was padding through a shallow, secluded valley, in which all the trees were a beautiful shade of pink, and, having decided that it was a splendid place to waste away a relaxed afternoon (for her legs were really desperate to just stop for a few hours, still not entirely recovered from her epic trek) she'd hopped up onto the thick, low-hanging horizontal branch of one of the magnolia trees and laid there, a few feet off the ground, an arm dangling off the side of the branch as she pretended to be some kind of cat.

She'd stayed there for some time, just enjoying the serenity of the place as she decided where to go next, when she was alerted to someone strolling nearby; ears twisting towards it, she glanced down for a sign of who or what it might be and caught sight of a handsome young man, all dark coat, trotting through this peaceful place. He was talking to himself, she realised, and pushed her head forward as though being a few inches closer would help her to overhear better.

It actually did! Or maybe it was just because he was coming closer. As his rhetorical question was left hanging in the air, she stifled a giggle, rolling onto her back so that she was really lounging on the branch like a feline might (and damn, they made it easier than it actually was, wolves weren't made for hanging around in trees) and then called out, in a mock-spooky voice: "to atone for your sins!" If he hadn't noticed her yet, he certainly would now. Dropping the theatrical tone, she looked down at him and grinned. "I know this place doesn't look the part but it's full of judgemental spirits and stuff, honestly. They just prefer a fabulous kind of setting, all those dark, spooky forests are so overused."
Darrah Tainn
The first paragraph vaguely speaks of an oopsie that he made while he was out of Relic lore, without being to specific because I want to keep it somewhat secrety for a while XD. Thought I'd let you know before you got confused ^u^;;

"To atone for your sins!"

Everything that the foreign pack had spoke of was true. The Gods did exist, and they were angry with what he'd done. The words alone were enough to bring Darrah's ears straight back to his crown. Eyes wide and body trembling, the prince was far too afraid to come up with a response. 'I didn't.. I'm sorry, I didn't think...' He didn't believe, and perhaps that'd been his biggest mistake. 'I didn't mean to.. How the hell was I supposed to know?!'

It wasn't until the voice spoke up once more that the yearling was able to return to his senses. Peering up the nearby magnolia trees, he was able to make out the figure of another wolf. That was no God! He couldn't help but chuckle at his mistake, perhaps what the boy really needed was a good sleep. All this religious mumbo jumbo was really starting to hit him hard.

"Is that so?" The Tainn questioned softly, re-positioning himself into a stance more fit for common conversation. "I never would have guessed! But.. How can you be so sure?" Smiling, the prince tried his damnedest not to write the stranger off as just another insane priestess. At least, not immediately. Though he wouldn't know how to handle it if she was.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 04, 2016, 07:28 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
No problem <3 for future reference, we agreed this was set on the 7th of May :)

She hadn't thought to actually startle the guy - well, more than to be expected when spoken to out of the blue, anyway - but perhaps there had been a little too much of a flinch in his initial reaction... Or maybe she had just that powerful and commanding a voice? Shrugging it off, because the dark wolf quickly seemed to regain his composure and spot her in the trees, and then came the unmistakable shake of the head as he laughed to himself, and then the sight of a smile. Good! It was obviously just a joke, right? She'd met wolves who believed in that stuff, but they weren't the majority, not by far. Besides, any spirits who genuinely lived in this bright pink paradise could hardly be taken seriously.

She grinned down at him, re-nudging herself back onto her front, deciding to leave that lying-on-your-back stuff to the cats who had the spines to deal with it. Way too uncomfortable for her. Dangling one arm either side of the branch, she laid her cheek on the smooth wood, soft brown eyes watching him, and shrugged. "I'm not, but it'd be fun to think so, right? Passed through so many 'haaaaaunted' woods before - I'd like to think that if anything like that lives here, they're a little less dreary, y'know? Gotta have a passion for the spectacular to live here. It certainly suits me." She laughed again, the sound light and carefree, and then jerked her nose in his direction to return the question. "So what kind are you, the gloomy forest or the pink paradise?"
Darrah Tainn

Grinning now, the future king gave a listen to what the young female had to offer on the subject. So her words were to be taken lightly after all, thank the heaven's for that. "If it were up to me, pink paradise. It's more scenic, and the calming atmosphere is to die for." He paused briefly, helplessly giggling at his own lame pun, before continuing with an additional serious note to the conversation. "We go through enough sad while we're alive anyway, who in there right mind would want to continue on with it in the afterlife?" Or at the very least, he had experienced enough trauma. Though the man couldn't really speak on the behalf of everyone else.

Closing in on the tree his company resided in, the Tainn couldn't help but wonder how she managed to get up there in the first place. It sure as hell couldn't be comfortable, was this perhaps just part of the show? Or maybe whilst she wasn't a religious nut, her crazy resided elsewhere. "Is that.. I mean, Is it nice up there? Do you need some help uhm, getting down maybe?" he tilted his head as the question slipped from his muzzle. Please just come down, you're making me nervous.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
Pink paradise, yes! Her face lit up at his answer, cracking into yet another laughing smile at his his initial reasoning. She pulled a face at his pun, in a 'I-saw-what-you-did-there' way, but then, even though his manner didn't change all that much, his words became just a little more sobering. He was very right. Incredibly right. While her manner didn't appear to dampen much at the thought, it did strike her deep, and she pulled one of her arms back up onto the branch so she could rest better on it, her posture now a little more sensible.

Maybe her shift in pose caused him to really pay attention to where she was hanging out, but she just grinned again, giving a single hoot of laughter. "It's pretty nice! Harder than it looks to get up here and keep your balance though - I don't really recommend it, too much hassle. It's not that comfortable, either. And you are such a gentleman, so thank you, but no," she said, eyes twinkling. "I'm touched. But getting up was the difficult bit, really; it'll be easicus-peasicus on the way down."

She slipped her arm off once more and let it dangle again, letting herself go off-balance just for a split second before catching herself with a wink, implying that her super-simple method was... well, it was just to obey gravity. Can't get more basic than that.
Darrah Tainn
Sloppy post before bed xD! G'night!

Oh no, she was crazy. Not only had the yearling no intent to remove herself from the dangerous location, but she actually somewhat enjoyed being there. This worried Darrah, for he could only see the image of her falling from such heights replaying over and over, looped in his mind. "Noted." he nodded in response to the fae's deceleration, though his ambition never resided in climbing the damn tree's to begin with. "As you wish, just don't be afraid to let me know if you change your mind." and with a final nod, the ravened prince sat comfortably on the ground, like a proper wolf.

"So, if you don't mind me asking.." the Tainn stirred his paw awkwardly through the dirt. "What brings you here in the first place? Leisure, or are you perhaps looking for something from up there?" There he went again, trying to dig some sense out of the girl. "Wait, no. Actually.. Where are my manners," distracted with the obscure arrange of events that had happened in mere moments, the prince forgot to introduce himself. How very careless of him. "Let me start over, My name's Darrah Tainn. Prince, and in fact future king of Oak Tree Bend. Might I ask your name?"

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 04, 2016, 11:11 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
He chose not to press the matter, which was for the best; it wasn't usually easy to convince Rue to do the sensible, normal thing, so he saved himself some time and effort by not bothering. She hummed in amusement as he made it clear that he was there in case she did change her mind, but, well, he was hardly to know any better, bless him.

The dark-coated boy sat down, and she took it as a compliment, it having been her intention to entertain him. If he wanted to stay and talk more, then mission accomplished! Watching him with thinly-veiled glee, her ears pricked up at the hyper-polite beginnings to his question, and to be respectful, she stayed silent and let him get it all out, even when he changed tactics halfway through and switched from talking about her to talking about him. He was going to introduce herself, she realised, and even before he said anything she made a promise to herself not to react if she recognised his damn surname and knew some horrible secret because she'd filled her quota for that this year.

But she could never have anticipated what actually came out of his mouth. The muscles in her face slackened as she heard it, for a second uncomprehending, as his smooth introduction rolled off his tongue with practised ease. "You... did you say Tainn?" she asked, completely blind to any of the rest, her manner having snapped from its airy playfulness to something more serious, because... because holy shit. Holy shit. No way. Normally she would have chirped her name back in return, but all sense of propriety had gone completely out the window. "Who... what Tainns? Are you serious? Where is this?"
Darrah Tainn
The last sentence is him reacting to what we'd talked about earlier ;) 
(More so putting that jic anyone else reads and gets confused before you can respond.

Utterly baffled by the response he'd received in return to his introduction, Darrah found himself unable to do much of anything other than stand frozen. Had she heard of the Tainn's before? He'd been made aware of the vast expansion of his family name a few times in the past; however nobody had ever really made a fuss about it before now. Could it be that perhaps someone sharing his surname had wronged the young female in the past? Maybe he shouldn't have tossed out the name of his pack so haphazardly. "Uhh.."

Blinking a few long, hard times, the prince tried his best to regain his composure. "Y-yeah.. Oak tree bend is.. South of here, not far.." What was he saying? Though it wasn't as if the small girl alone could take on the likes of his pack mates, and after reanalyzing the situation over in his head the female hadn't actually hinted at any kind of anger. Even still, he'd have to make sure that if a situation similar to this ever arose again he'd take the necessary precautions to protect his family. Not everybody was a good guy. "My father leads the pack, Triell Tainn. Have you heard o- Oh my Gods!!!"

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,